Madden Curse Translated In To MMA?

FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
The curse of Madden goes as follows:

The cover athlete always suffers an injury or loss of time from their sport. Could the same thing be happening in MMA? Forrest Griffin was on the cover of UFC Undisputed 2009 and it was released May 22, 2009. Almost exactly a month later, he faced Anderson Silva and was dominated in one of the most lopsided fights in UFC history and ended in an embarrassing KTFO. I mean the guy got Matrix'd and KTFO'd by a jab while Silva was backpedalling.

Later on, Brock "The ****" MoLesnar was on the cover of UFC 2010 Undisputed. The game was released on September 7, 2010. He fought a month later and got TKO'd in an ambarrassing performance against Cain Velasquez. I mean, this guy was getting his block knocked so hard he was in there spinning around like a ballerina. I didn't know what was more beautiful, Brock Lesnars attempts at a pirouette or the ballet of destruction that Velasquez was unleashing.

UFC 3 came out on February 14, 2012. We thought that he beat the curse because he beat Chael Sonnen and Stephan Bonnar in back to back bouts, but the curse struck again when Chris Weidman claimed the title by KTFO in the 2nd round of their fight...It was in embarrassing fashion too, just like all the others. I wonder who will be on the next cover...hopefully GSP:)
OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
Tagged:

Comments