30 pre-fight FACTS about UFC on FOX 8: Johnson vs. Moraga

MMAManiac1MMAManiac1 Posts: 16Free
An article of facts about Saturday's UFC on FOX 8: Johnson vs. Moraga event in Seattle, Washington.

There are 30 facts in the full article, but here are the ones that are best/most interesting, in my opinion of course.

2. Demetrious Johnson is one of three fighters in UFC history (Michihiro Omigawa, Benson Henderson) to start his career in the Octagon with seven-straight decisions.

9. Mac Danzig (5-6 UFC) is one of two (Jonathan Brookins) of the 21 active The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) reality show winners with a sub .500 record in the Octagon.

16. Robbie Lawler's last 12 victories have come by (technical) knockout or submission. "Ruthless" has not won a fight by decision since a Nov. 21, 2003 win over Chris Lytle at UFC 45.

22. Yves Edwards will compete in his 17th UFC lightweight bout, the most of any fighter in UFC history.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/22/4540094/ufc-on-fox-8-preview-30-facts-about-demetrious-johnson-vs-john-moraga-seattle-july-27-mma
Tagged:

Comments

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    TUF1_ said:

Johnson and Moraga are fighting this weeked? :D

Yes!

• twistedfascinationtwistedfascination < img src="PICTURE url" \>Posts: 408Free
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,142Free

An article of facts about Saturday's UFC on FOX 8: Johnson vs. Moraga event in Seattle, Washington.

There are 30 facts in the full article, but here are the ones that are best/most interesting, in my opinion of course.

2. Demetrious Johnson is one of three fighters in UFC history (Michihiro Omigawa, Benson Henderson) to start his career in the Octagon with seven-straight decisions.

9. Mac Danzig (5-6 UFC) is one of two (Jonathan Brookins) of the 21 active The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) reality show winners with a sub .500 record in the Octagon.

16. Robbie Lawler's last 12 victories have come by (technical) knockout or submission. "Ruthless" has not won a fight by decision since a Nov. 21, 2003 win over Chris Lytle at UFC 45.

22. Yves Edwards will compete in his 17th UFC lightweight bout, the most of any fighter in UFC history.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/22/4540094/ufc-on-fox-8-preview-30-facts-about-demetrious-johnson-vs-john-moraga-seattle-july-27-mma

I LOL'd about number 2.

Robbie Lawler comes to bang.

Props to Yves for being able to stick around for so long.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• amuneraamunera Posts: 1,900Free
    edited July 2013
    I like this facts but they had to over reach to get 30 this time...This card is weird.
    Post edited by amunera on
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free

Lol what a can! That is why GOATseph P4Pdez is coming for that title. Gonna knock out Flighty Mouse.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,142Free
    TUF1_ said:

@patster

He caught the ban hammer bro.

Omigawa was 1-6 in the UFC. I'm surprised he had so many opportunities.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    32. First time a ufc main event is the least anticipated fight on the card.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    edited July 2013
    Ok I'm looking on the bright side here and trying to turn lemons into lemonade-

Isn't Moraga supposed to be a power puncher? Hopefully MM gets KOd. Would be hilarious.

Rory vs Ellen is a solid scrap. Nuff said

Lawler always comes to bang as mentioned in this thread.

Chick fights have been good so far and Carmoosh is going to be out for Blood after she screwed up that back position against Rousey. I expect a first round finish.

Danzig/Guillard and Yves/Cruickshank should be good fights.

I've always liked Short Fuse (he doesn't make it easy at times) so I'm excited to see him back in the big show.

KEDZIE! Her fight with Meisha was action packed and I expect her to come out all fired up in her UFC debut.

Not the best card sure... but there's some silver lining to be had.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    edited July 2013
    dbl post :-w
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,141Free
    Love it.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI