prime fedor vs cain

cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
Ok, we have a lot of mixed opinions on here about if prime fedor could have competed against the top guys in the ufc right now. Lets see the actual statistics of this forum on who believes prime fedor could have competed with the likes of cain and jds.

prime fedor vs cain

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
"You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."

Comments

• cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    fedor would have been a top 5 heavyweight
    I believe he would be right in the mix with cain and jds, but couldn't say for sure if could have beaten them.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,416Free
    fedor would be an average heavyweight
    Fedor would be top 10 but not the top 5. Cain, JDS, Werdum, Bigfoot, Cormier all would F him up. Also so would have Brock + Carwin.

But I really would have like to seen Fedor vs. Whopper McSexy
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    I think he would've beaten Cain.
    Blasted thru that weak chin.
    Same to alistair.
    Sub JDS.
    Already beat hunt.
    Beat Werdum in a rematch.
    Who else is a top 5 hw?
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    This^^ JDS would knock his a** out tho...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Probably. But then again...PROBABLY NOT!!!
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free

JDS BBJ is pretty good, but he's a stand up monster, so we rarely see it... same goes for Roy btw, but agree he could armbar him or win by tko punches, maybe even KO, that's MMA anything can happen!!! Unfortunately, we'll never know how it'd be, when he's in the UFC...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• KNEE_in_the_FACEKNEE_in_the_FACE Posts: 96Free
    I think he could have beaten everyone except Velasquez and JDS. JDS would outbox him and Cain would use his stand up / wrestling to keep Fedor guessing and get a UD or TKO stoppage.

JDS BBJ is pretty good, but he's a stand up monster, so we rarely see it... same goes for Roy btw, but agree he could armbar him or win by tko punches, maybe even KO, that's MMA anything can happen!!! Unfortunately, we'll never know how it'd be, when he's in the UFC...
    Have to disagree with you on that finish, and it hurts me to :(
    Frank exposed JDS's non existent jiu jitsu in the Cain fight.
    And he's right. JDS was literally not doing anything.
    Even the basic, wrist control.
    If he would beat Fedor, it would be on the feet.
    Overhand right spam or hook, uppercut combos.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free
    I think Fedor could of been top 5 or 10 but he is not beating cain...
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

cruz2990 said:

You did see Cheik CANgo drop him...twice, right?
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    fedor would have been undisputed champion

I think he could have beaten everyone except Velasquez and JDS. JDS would outbox him and Cain would use his stand up / wrestling to keep Fedor guessing and get a UD or TKO stoppage.

LOL. JDS outbox him? Prime CroCop wasn't able to outstrike him and JDS with his 1-dimensional boxing would? Give me a break.
    Velasquez would get KOd to death or submitted.

cruz2990 said:

And after Cain's win he didn't improve at all. Nope. His striking offense and defense stayed the exactly the same. See there is this misnomer that fighters improve over time with training and experience fighting. And that is just not the case. In fact, people and fighters are born with all the ability they are ever going to have. Training and hard work is just a waste of time.

The sooner fighters realize this the better off they will be. And the fans will get to witness better fights.

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,942Free

Kongos BBC > JDS's BBJ.
  • twistedfascinationtwistedfascination < img src="PICTURE url" \>Posts: 408Free
    I hate these discussions about old fighters or old athletes competing in their sport today, the sport evolves and improves as a whole over time. Remember that if his career started later and he was younger, then he would have grown up and trained with better resources and better training partners too so he himself would be better today than he was back then if his prime was now. Make sense?

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    GOAT rains supreme.

cruz2990 said:

And after Cain's win he didn't improve at all. Nope. His striking offense and defense stayed the exactly the same. See there is this misnomer that fighters improve over time with training and experience fighting. And that is just not the case. In fact, people and fighters are born with all the ability they are ever going to have. Training and hard work is just a waste of time.

The sooner fighters realize this the better off they will be. And the fans will get to witness better fights.
    Idk if you noticed but the title of the thread is Prime Fedor vs Cain
    Prime Fedor was a beast. Fought smart, aggressive and was durable.
    One does not simply get thrown thru the air on your neck survive/win unless you're the GOAT
    Even an older out of prime Fedor was still legit.
    One does not get mounted by a 295 pound bjj black belt, trying his best to sub you and GNP'ing you, AND SURVIVE, unless your the GOAT.
    Once again, the title of the thread is called Prime Fedor vs Cain.
    Prime Fedor would beat Cain 10/10.
    And an out of prime Fedor, still has a punchers chance vs Cain
    edited July 2013

cruz2990 said:

One does not simply get thrown thru the air on your neck survive/win unless you're the GOAT
    One does not get mounted by a 295 pound bjj black belt, trying his best to sub you and GNP'ing you, AND SURVIVE, unless your the GOAT.
    He got his A** kicked by an Older MW :) so by your logic a Prime Fedor would still be smashed by that same MW in his prime. If a MW Wrestler who hardly uses his wrestling can control Fedor.....WTF do you think a HW Wrestler would do? C'mon use Logic.

Post edited by JoeTheGiggolo on

cruz2990 said:

He got his A** kicked by an Older MW :) so by your logic a Prime Fedor would still be smashed by that same MW in his prime. If a MW Wrestler who hardly uses his wrestling can control Fedor.....WTF do you think a HW Wrestler would do? C'mon use Logic.

If you saw that fight, you'd know Fedor got careless in the beginning & in the end.
    And Cain don't have Dan's chin.
    edited July 2013

cruz2990 said:

If you saw that fight, you'd know Fedor got careless in the beginning & in the end.
    And Cain don't have Dan's chin.
    Do you actually think Fedor could land 1 punch that will "always" K.O. Cain before Cain with his speed can take him down and commence a Rape and a hate crime all over Fedor's face? 10/10 times?

Before you claim how great Fedor did against wrestlers Randleman and Coleman are no where near Cain.

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    Fedor would have been champ forever. He was to good for his era, and not to mention to powerful, technical, strong, and well rounded for a human being to have. Fedor P4P #1 GOAT, you don't go 30 fights straight beating multiple ufc champs in devasting fashion for no reason.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Is this a serious question?

LOL 3 comments in a row after haters post
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free

This thread is stupid. Anyone who doubts prime Fedor is either a teenager/20 something who started watching MMA in the Lesnar era, or a Dana White butt pirate hater. Prime Fedor had no holes in his game and swung to decapitate fools. The dude was absolutely brutal. Maybe some of you noobs should use youtube and watch some tape instead of drooling over his Strikeforce fights...

I think Cain and JDS would both beat prime Fedor. Not that Fedor couldn't win but they both have the right styles and athleticism to beat him.

Fedor's bottom game was never really that great. Good but not great. Lets not forget Herring and Hunt both got on top for minutes and landed decent GnP and controlled him, i won't even mention how Arona exposed this. Cain would likely do some damage there and probably wear Fedor down that is ofcourse if he doesn't get clipped early.

JDS has amazing TDD and definitely is a better and more agile boxer. Fedor's best advantage against him is taking him down and GnP and possibly looking for transitions to subs as he tries to scramble but i doubt it ever hits the mat with JDS TDD being so good. I don't think JDS would necessarily destroy him on the feet but i do think he would likely control the fight and maybe even take him out late like he did to Hunt.

Fedor did have some holes ( all fighters do ) but nothing really decisive enough for him to be easily defeated until he started getting up there in age and the sport grew past him. He was definitely a pioneer for being the jack of all trades type fighter and all trades being at a pretty high level but his style still had holes as any methodology has weaknesses. He was also tough as nails, a very good athlete despite his look and his mental game was pretty much the pinnacle.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Cain via demolition. Fedor never fought anyone close to as good as Cain. You go back and look at it his record and you can understand how he managed to put together a win streak. He fought Big Nog and a bunch of bums
    edited July 2013

LOL 3 comments in a row after haters post

That makes you a delusional fanboi. I am not a "Hater" ( A term showing you are a 14 - 25yo ) I simply use logic I have watched all of Fedor's fights and comparing him to Cain. He simply doesn't offer anything other than a puncher's chance.

In conclusion.... I am a realist.

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free

Cain via demolition. Fedor never fought anyone close to as good as Cain. You go back and look at it his record and you can understand how he managed to put together a win streak. He fought Big Nog and a bunch of bums

This comment is just about as stupid as this thread. Pro fighters are pro fighters for a reason. If it was easy, every one would do it. Just chew on this for a second. Even on your best day, Jonathan Goulet could still tool you. A random posting on an MMA forum calling pro fighters bums. Psssssssh...
    [-X
    So because I'm not a fighter I can't have an opinion? :)) .Some fighters are just bums, that's how it is. I don't have to get punched in the head to know that.
  • Kevbo_JonesKevbo_Jones Posts: 15,679Free

This comment is just about as stupid as this thread. Pro fighters are pro fighters for a reason. If it was easy, every one would do it. Just chew on this for a second. Even on your best day, Jonathan Goulet could still tool you. A random posting on an MMA forum calling pro fighters bums. Psssssssh...
    [-X
    So because I'm not a fighter I can't have an opinion? :)) .Some fighters are just bums, that's how it is. I don't have to get punched in the head to know that.
    No, you can have your opinion, just as I can call that opinion stupid. You're not a pro fighter, so you calling anyone that is a pro fighter a bum instantly loses any and all credibility. My point was that a pro fighter is a pro for a reason. No matter your asinine opinion, they're still pro fighters.