Fluke or Domination

KNEE_in_the_FACEKNEE_in_the_FACE Posts: 96Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
I feel like this hasn't been discussed enough on this forum.

Was Weidmans KO of Anderson a "lucky punch" or was it Weidmans skills that got him the KO.

Fluke or Domination

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    Sick of this **** discussion.

I hope you are just trolling my friend.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free

Wut?

Sup?
    Tahune said:

this^^
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• KNEE_in_the_FACEKNEE_in_the_FACE Posts: 96Free
    Lucky Punch

Wut?

Sup?
    Tahune said:

this^^
    Personally I believe it was a lucky punch and in no way or shape or form will it happen in the rematch.
    fobar said:

It wasnt a lucky punch, Anderson got cocky and left his head exposed and Wiedman took full advantage. I dont think it will happen again because Anderson will fight smart in the rematch

Thought these type of discussions would have gone away by now

what's with the sig plates?
    Lucky Punch
    fobar said:

It wasnt a lucky punch, Anderson got cocky and left his head exposed and Wiedman took full advantage. I dont think it will happen again because Anderson will fight smart in the rematch

Can't you say it was a lucky punch in the sense that Anderson gave it to him?
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited July 2013
    Weidman skills (Hespect)

fobar said:

nope, it was Anderson choice to fight stupid and Wiedman capatilised perfectly. Just because nobody else had before dosent mean it was lucky, far from it. It shows that Wiedman wasnt fazed by Andersons antics and stuck to the gameplan perfectly and got the win he deserved fair and squared.
    Post edited by fobar on

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 955Free
    Weidman skills (Hespect)
    I'm a Silva fan and I believe he is the more talented fighter, but it was not a lucky punch. Weidman's skillset and composure put him in position to capitalize. And if Anderson gives him the opportunity again in the rematch, Weidman will take full advantage. Definitely not a fluke.
    Lucky Punch
    fobar said:

fobar said:

nope, it was Anderson choice to fight stupid and Wiedman capatilised perfectly. Just because nobody else had before dosent mean it was lucky, far from it. It shows that Wiedman wasnt fazed by Andersons antics and stuck to the gameplan perfectly and got the win he deserved fair and squared.
    Fair enough... I still believe that if that "lucky" punch wasn't thrown or if it would have missed it would have been a totally different fight. Shows that if you make one mistake it can be the end.
    fobar said:

Tahune said:

fobar said:

what's with the sig plates?
    @Tiger_Champion has been making some, guys bloody great! he does it for work and fixes watches and stuff, but doing some in his spare time to show respect for the forum members as he likes it here so much. that guy is pretty damn cool in my book check the thread out

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall/p1
    Sweet, Nice stuff @Tiger_Champion
    Lucky Punch

I'm a Silva fan and I believe he is the more talented fighter, but it was not a lucky punch. Weidman's skillset and composure put him in position to capitalize. And if Anderson gives him the opportunity again in the rematch, Weidman will take full advantage. Definitely not a fluke.

I agree with you that Anderson is the better fighter of the two. I feel like Anderson lost because of what he did wrong and not because of what Weidman did right.
    Weidman skills (Hespect)

fobar said:

fobar said:

Fair enough... I still believe that if that "lucky" punch wasn't thrown or if it would have missed it would have been a totally different fight. Shows that if you make one mistake it can be the end.
    if, buts or maybes dont mean anything to what happened. He did throw the punch at the right time and landed it perfectly, nothing lucky about it

yes, one mistake can cost you a fight, still dosent equal a lucky punch if the guy sticks to his gameplan and stays composed enough to take full advantage.

Weidman skills (Hespect)
    Thats not to say lucky punches dont happen occasionally though, just not in this instance and not very often

Arggh don't let this thread get anymore steam.

We've had enough Weidman Silva lucky punch clowning discussions to last until december I think.
    Lucky Punch
    fobar said:

fobar said:

fobar said:

if, buts or maybes dont mean anything to what happened. He did throw the punch at the right time and landed it perfectly, nothing lucky about it

yes, one mistake can cost you a fight, still dosent equal a lucky punch if the guy sticks to his gameplan and stays composed enough to take full advantage.
    Okay maybe it wasn't a lucky punch. I would love to stay and discuss this but it's nearing 4 in the afternoon and fridays work is in the bag.

Later suckers!
    Weidman skills (Hespect)
    Tahune said:

Arggh don't let this thread get anymore steam.

We've had enough Weidman Silva lucky punch clowning discussions to last until december I think.

true that

Weidman skills (Hespect)
    zaksame said:

It was two things and luck had no bearing on either.
    1 He was never afraid of Silva,so he stuck in there and finished his sequence of strikes,where others would cower and try to back off.
    2 He used that initial take down to reassure Silva he was in control of the fight.imo he never planned on using that tactic throughout,only to put the suggestion in Silva's mind.Simple reason is it is much too tiring,especially if it goes 5 rounds.Sonnen proved how easy it is to beat Silva using that tactic but he also tired badly by round 3 so was a sitting duck to lose eventually as he did.

5 star post

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    Weidman skills (Hespect)
    zaksame said:

It was two things and luck had no bearing on either.
    1 He was never afraid of Silva,so he stuck in there and finished his sequence of strikes,where others would cower and try to back off.
    2 He used that initial take down to reassure Silva he was in control of the fight.imo he never planned on using that tactic throughout,only to put the suggestion in Silva's mind.Simple reason is it is much too tiring,especially if it goes 5 rounds.Sonnen proved how easy it is to beat Silva using that tactic but he also tired badly by round 3 so was a sitting duck to lose eventually as he did.
    Bottom line is Weidman is smart and confident.

Zack is stepping his game up lately.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Weidman won every second of the fight.

That's not true man, he maybe won the first round close, but he wasn't domanating it 100%...
    Silva put a clinic on Weidman's legs and survived on the ground, defended the sub and was able to stand up again. Silva won the last 2min with counter shots and he made him look like a fool, also Weidman admitted that Silva was deep in his head and that the leg kicks hurt him too. Doesn't matter tho, coz Silva got KTFO in the second!!!
    Bottom line Weidman deserved to win and I can't wait for the Rematch!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    Weidman skills (Hespect)

That's not true man, he maybe won the first round close, but he wasn't domanating it 100%...
    Silva put a clinic on Weidman's legs and survived on the ground, defended the sub and was able to stand up again. Silva won the last 2min with counter shots and he made him look like a fool, also Weidman admitted that Silva was deep in his head and that the leg kicks hurt him too. Doesn't matter tho, coz Silva got KTFO in the second!!!
    No FH, Weidman was winning the entire fight.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

No FH, Weidman was winning the entire fight.
    The fight fo sho... Silva was in LaLaLand!
    70%-30% both rounds for Weidman... that's fair to say!

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    edited July 2013
    it wasnt a lucky punch, weidman wasnt winging punches. but it wasnt skill either, weidman simply did what he needed to do and silva did what he shouldnt have.

more silva's fault than weidman's luck.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free
    Weidman skills (Hespect)
    No luck. It was a well timed and placed shot. Anderson finally fudged up...