LOL at the people who actually thought rory was going to put up a good fight

MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,251Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
What did you expect man ? Him going in there and actually fighting ?

the dude trains with grease safe petrolium. get real.

he just isn't a finisher anymore. (well maybe he never was, but just finished CANS)

the only way this was going to be exciting is if ellenberger would've catched him.

discuss.
Post edited by MIRKO_CRO_COP on

Tagged:

Comments

• CarlosBelcherCarlosBelcher Posts: 376Free
    Jake is to blame for the **** fight, didn't throw anything. I'm so dissapointed with this guy, probably the biggest potential in the ww division, i think he can beat literally everyone at ww on his best night, aside from Diaz and Condit maybe, but he keeps **** things up
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    I'm disappointed in both of them.

Rory is still shy in the octagon. he needs to let that go and fight like he did with KOTC. maybe now that he has one top ten fighter under his belt he can be more comfortable in there. If he starts going to decisions and 'fighting' to win rounds then I'm going to kick him in the balls next time I see him at Toshido.
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free
    It's Jake's fault, he made it easy on Rory. Didn't force him to do anything other than jab.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Why aren't you mad at jake aswel?

I think the fight would have been way better if Rory wore his 3 piece suit..not gay, I just have good taste

• DreamahDreamah Posts: 81Free
    Doobster said:

Rory is still shy in the octagon. he needs to let that go and fight like he did with KOTC. maybe now that he has one top ten fighter under his belt he can be more comfortable in there. If he starts going to decisions and 'fighting' to win rounds then I'm going to kick him in the balls next time I see him at Toshido.

I don't think Rory is shy at all, anywhere... I think he really is psycho, not really capable of emotions. I think he was just throwing the jab , because it's the best weapon against big bombers, apart from maybe taking them down and you could see it was bothering and annoying Jake big time. Very disappointed in the fight. I thought Jake would go after it, never really thought Rory would tho.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    I fast forwarded this fight, glad I didnt watch live

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    Dreamah said:

Doobster said:

Very disappointed in the fight. I thought Jake would go after it, never really thought Rory would tho.
    This.

Ellen looked terrible. All Rory threw were jabs and Ellen fought so stupidly timid and tentative like he had Hbombs coming at him.

Worst fight of the year candidate along with Rashad vs Nog.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    Neither done enough tbh I feel they are both a bit overrated they're good but not as good as most say.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Definitely dissappointed in Jake, but I'm still looking forward to their next fights.

This fight reminded me why I like to watch prelims
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    lol @ you hetards blaming jake, there was nothing he could do.....if he rushed in Rory would of ran.....when he took Rory down, Rory just held on for dear life
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

lol @ you hetards blaming jake, there was nothing he could do.....if he rushed in Rory would of ran.....when he took Rory down, Rory just held on for dear life

That why he should of used his wrestling to get inside

The first TD he committed to he got in that 3rd
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Keem said:

Yeah, then what? Rory just held on for dear life so Jake couldn't do anything.

Jake isn't a lay n pray ****, he refuses to win a fight like that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free

Keem said:

At least Rory wouldn't have won. Hell if I knew ahead of time that was Rory's game plan I would have rooted for Jake to lay and pray him out of pure spite for Rory.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    edited July 2013
    Cole1186 said:

Keem said:

At least Rory wouldn't have won. Hell if I knew ahead of time that was Rory's game plan I would have rooted for Jake to lay and pray him out of pure spite for Rory.
    Yes, LayNpray is acceptable when it comes to beating sackless runners.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    jake should have shot for more takedowns
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

yes, everyone should just be more like GSP

PunchBag said:

And win..

Carn, the TD's where his opprotunity to land something

Mike and Joe call it, "Landing off the break."

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

PunchBag said:

And win..

but what if they don't land anything ala GSP

Keem said:

PunchBag said:

And win..

but what if they don't land anything ala GSP
    ?

Jake had like two scuffles w/ Rory total where they where up close

That was the fight he needed to fight and going for TD's would have put him in a position to land something off the break if not after a TD

Megumi Fuji

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Rory controlled the center of ring 90% of the fight,so i would say Jake was the one afraid.Nobody had a gun to Jake's head telling him he was not allowed to engage,he was simply looking for the Machida/Silva/JDs and all the otehr cowards way of waiting for a counter strike.

Rory is not known as a striker ,so he needs to be calculating and SMART,Jake is the guy who pretends to be the striker,well where was it?
    Even after the fight,i thought it was maybe the smartest fight on the entire card,i couldn't care less about DJ going in and not afterwards either.

I respect smart fighters ,not banger's who are as dumb as nails.I give props to Jake though,he was also smart,if he had of been the one to commit too much,Rory would have finished him.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    imo robbie lawler fought a smarter fight, took less damage than rory and finished his opponent
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    how did rory take any damage when jake only threw like 2 strikes the entire fight?
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,902Free
    I think he slipped once...
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    fobar said:

Touche. I should have done that, it didn't look great on paper for a FOX card but holy **** it was bad, post fight conference was 20 min.

Dana said he was disappointed in Ellenberger and that Rory didn't try to finish, he was pissed, I lol'd.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free

fobar said:

Touche. I should have done that, it didn't look great on paper for a FOX card but holy **** it was bad, post fight conference was 20 min.

Dana said he was disappointed in Ellenberger and that Rory didn't try to finish, he was pissed, I lol'd.
    I just never liked the sound of the fight, couldnt watch live so was lucky i could fast forward it :) After hearing what everyone has said, I guess I should thank work for making me miss the card live

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free
    Ellenburger did throw some bombs tho... that dude has some scary power in his hands. If Rory wasn't such a girl we might have seen that power connect on the chin of that safe canuck.
  • GrimlockeGrimlocke Posts: 38Free
    Keem said:

Definitely dissappointed in Jake, but I'm still looking forward to their next fights.

This fight reminded me why I like to watch prelims

Many main card fights are disappointing. I always look forward to the prelims and could never understand why there are many seats empty when they are on. I suppose no fan boys go to the prelims.

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    amunera said:

I think he slipped once...

Yeah and Jake just stood and looked at him.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!