GSP Vs. Rory Macdonald....Please don't EVER let that fight happen!

Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
After watching how safe Rory has become and knowing the past history of GSP. I think the most boring fight of all time would be GSP Vs Rory Macdonald. If the match makers are reading, you've been warned! It could end up worse than Kimbo vs Huston Alexander.
Post edited by Brady969 on
Today's Top Fighters Answer Your Questions At 'Your Corner' Check it out here!
photo image-1.jpg
photo badge2.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free
    Rory has half of an inch reach advantage over GSP, therefore GSP would be desperate to take it safe and avoid a standup fight with him at any cost. He would take McDonald down, BUT since Rory seems to be very dangerous off of his back, he would either submit GSP or... well... yeah... or there would be a snooze fest with them giving each other a 25min massage.

If for some reason, however, it ended up being a standup "war", one of them would win a decision via a larger number of jabs landed (something like 213-198).

A funny side note when talking about reach:
    GSP - 76"
    Diaz - 76"
    Condit - 76"
    McDonald - 76.5"
    Gustafsson - 76.5"
    vs.
    Jones - 85"

Just to remind people how silly they sound when they hype up Gus for being "lengthy". LOL at his T-Rex arms with WW reach.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    najma said:

Rory has half of an inch reach advantage over GSP, therefore GSP would be desperate to take it safe and avoid a standup fight with him at any cost. He would take McDonald down, BUT since Rory seems to be very dangerous off of his back, he would either submit GSP or... well... yeah... or there would be a snooze fest with them giving each other a 25min massage.

If for some reason, however, it ended up being a standup "war", one of them would win a decision via a larger number of jabs landed (something like 213-198).

GSP - 76"
    Diaz - 76"
    Condit - 76"
    McDonald - 76.5"
    Gustafsson - 76.5"
    vs.
    Jones - 85"

Just to remind people how silly they sound when they hype up Gus for being "lengthy". LOL at his T-Rex arms with WW reach.

True his leg length is a different story but I don't think he stands much of a chance against Jones
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    najma said:

GSP - 76"
    Diaz - 76"
    Condit - 76"
    McDonald - 76.5"
    Gustafsson - 76.5"
    vs.
    Jones - 85"

Gus still has a pretty long reach for LHW, just nowhere close to Jones'.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    Rory just mimicked gap.. Yet his jab wasn't as powerful, he doesn't have an explosive takedown, and he was afraid to even throw the superman punch.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    it would only be boring to a non MMA fan,would have two of the smartest fighters in the sport,can't get any better than that.

There is an opposite to the word safe>>>STUPID,i think any intelligent fighter would prefer safe or it's equivalent>>SMART.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    GSP is on another level compared to rory

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
    zaksame said:

it would only be boring to a non MMA fan,would have two of the smartest fighters in the sport,can't get any better than that.

There is an opposite to the word safe>>>STUPID,i think any intelligent fighter would prefer safe or it's equivalent>>SMART.

Are you saying MMA fans should enjoy jab festivals and blanket parties? Even the purest of the MMA fans get bored if nobody is aggressively engaging. Smart fighting doesn't equal great fighting to watch. I can appreciate technique just as much as someone as knowledgable as yourself in the sport but give me aggressive balls to the wall heart too. Don't be scared.
    Today's Top Fighters Answer Your Questions At 'Your Corner' Check it out here!
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    lawler fought just as smart as rory, yet he finished his fight and took less damage.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    edited July 2013
    zaksame said:

Brady969 said:

zaksame said:

Are you saying MMA fans should enjoy jab festivals and blanket parties? Even the purest of the MMA fans get bored if nobody is aggressively engaging. Smart fighting doesn't equal great fighting to watch. I can appreciate technique just as much as someone as knowledgable as yourself in the sport but give me aggressive balls to the wall heart too. Don't be scared.
    Don't fall for his trap! Best thing to do with zak is to NEVER read his posts, unless they are really short, then he usually posts something intelligent because he forgot he was supposed to be a super troll.
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    I agree.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.