Who should Hendricks first title defense be against?

Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
GSP will take time off to consider retirement.
Rory didn't do anything to help his cause against Jake.
Condit needs a couple wins.
Kampmann needs more wins.
Maia looks great at WW, but needs a high profile win.
Diaz, Lawler and Saffiedine aren't even close to a shot.

Who is the frontrunner for the next shot at WW?

Who should Hendricks first title defense be against?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Other(GSP miraculously wins and should face....?)
    Nobody. He will lose.

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    MacDonald
    GoToGuy said:

Nobody. He will lose.

I suppose it's possible. Unlikely but possible. ;)

Who should be next then?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,400Free
    Diaz

GoToGuy said:

Nobody. He will lose.

Who should be next then?
    Matt Brown
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

GoToGuy said:

Nobody. He will lose.

Who should be next then?
    Maybe Ellenberger, someone gets a ko face for sure.

MacDonald
    GoToGuy said:

GoToGuy said:

Nobody. He will lose.

Who should be next then?
    Maybe Ellenberger, someone gets a ko face for sure.
    If you're meaning Hendricks/Ellenberger, then I pray there would be a KO. If it went past the third, they'd both be so gassed it would end up a NC.
  • OmahaOutcastOmahaOutcast Posts: 281Free
    Lawler
    Lawler would be a good fight, if it made it to the later rounds Lawler would win via KO
    Jake Ellenberger > GSP

Robbie Lawler = GOAT

Scott Jorgensen #1 favorite bantamweight
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    MacDonald
    It should be Rory. Maybe Lawler, not sure if he needs one more win tho.

I want Hendrix to win, but it's going to be a tough fight for him. I hope he pulls it off tho!
    MacDonald
    Cole1186 said:

I want Hendrix to win, but it's going to be a tough fight for him. I hope he pulls it off tho!

I would absolutely love to see Johny ruin Tristar with two quick KO's!
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    GSP
    GSP will get auto rematch like Silva.
    MacDonald

Cole1186 said:

That would be some serious business right there! Can you imagine that... Johnny knocks GSP's block off, then Rory goes on the warpath talking all this smack.. "I must avenge my mentor" "I'm going to knock the beard off this silly Americans face" "This is for you Georges" --- then BAM Rory gets a Big Rig Left to the jaw which sends him into dreamland.

It would be glorious :D
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    Lawler
    Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

That would be some serious business right there! Can you imagine that... Johnny knocks GSP's block off, then Rory goes on the warpath talking all this smack.. "I must avenge my mentor" "I'm going to knock the beard off this silly Americans face" "This is for you Georges" --- then BAM Rory gets a Big Rig Left to the jaw which sends him into dreamland.

This.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • Epiqu1nEpiqu1n Posts: 1,488Free
    Diaz
    Should be Diaz, but Hendricks is scared homie
    List of GOAT Fighters

1. Michael McDonald
    2. Nick Diaz
    3. Demetrious Johnson
    4. Matt Brown
    5. Rashad Evans
    6. JDS
    7. Joe Lauzon
    8. Patster
    9. Carnage
    10. 12er
    11. LayDownDead
    12. Diego Brandao
    13. Papy Abedi
    14. Tom Brady
    15. Russell Wilson
    16. Manhoef
    17. Scott Jorgensen
    18. Elias Silverio
    19. Fabio Maldonado
    20. Louis Smolka

MacDonald
    Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

I would have to take a week off work just to drive to Canada so I could laugh at them in person!

They might attack me, but worst case scenario it would go to court so the judge could decide who won.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free

Lawler would be a good fight, if it made it to the later rounds Lawler would win via KO

Grapplers dominate Lawlor. Kennedy, Souza, even Shields. GSP will get an immediate rematch if he loses.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    Lawler

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

I would have to take a week off work just to drive to Canada so I could laugh at them in person!

They might attack me, but worst case scenario it would go to court so the judge could decide who won.
    Lmao....get off my lawn or I will wrestle you for a very long time.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    MacDonald
    12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Literal LOL on that one!
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Being stuck under a superior grappler is worse than getting beat up
    Lawler

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Literal LOL on that one!
    Its from the Tommy toe hold show.

GOATer
    MacDonald

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Only for the unfortunate spectators.
    MacDonald

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Zinngggggg!!

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Nah, for everyone. Not fun to watch but being laid on for 25 minutes is way worse than being knocked out or submitted
    Lawler

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Nah, for everyone. Not fun to watch but being laid on for 25 minutes is way worse than being knocked out or submitted
    Tell that to Mac danzig.

GOATer
    12er said:

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Tell that to Mac danzig.
    I don't even know Mac Danzig
    Lawler

12er said:

12er said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Tell that to Mac danzig.
    I don't even know Mac Danzig
    Thats what twitter is for, to harass people you don't know.

GOATer
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,837Free
    E.Silva

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• CarlosBelcherCarlosBelcher Posts: 384Free
    MacDonald
    Rory, so he can get the promised horizontal tv time
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,331Free
    Brown vs. Lawler winner. Make it happen Joe Silva!
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,625Free
    Maia
    Maia vs Rory #1 contender match.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

MacDonald
    Bump

I was a little off on my initial assessment, but not by too much.
    Looking back I'm impressed with @12er and @OmahaOutcast for their ability to predict the future.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    Um

Lawler will break Hendricks in half

So the question is, who will Lawler defend his title against first?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine