Do you like Ariel Helwani?

Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
How do you feel about Ariel as a reporter?

Personally, dudes grown on me... I actually think he's the best around now.

Do you like Ariel Helwani?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Is there an option for not really caring? His instigating is annoying, but I don't hate him.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,779Free
    Hells yea. He's an instigator, dude brings it in the interviews.
    I like him because he's always rustling jimmies and he doesn't pussyfoot around in interviews. If your a journalist your supposed to ask the tough questions.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    PATSTER said:

I don't mind him. His trolling is funny.

I pretty much hated him at first... but he just grew on me over time.

Jon Anik on the other hand.... I liked him when he was on ESPN, now I can't stand him at all.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,580Free
    Best reporter in the game. Just because he doesn't ask the same 3 questions as every other reporter people get on him for instigating. He asks questions that are more relevant and interesting.
    PATSTER said:

Hellequin said:

Is there an option for not really caring? His instigating is annoying, but I don't hate him.

No epiquin today?
    I saw a epiq1n in the Xbox one section on Reddit today. He said the eqiq1n here is his buddy that stole his name to mess with him.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    I can't quite decide if I like him or not...
    I like the drama he creates and the **** he gets for it creates some funny moments like when Rampage was getting ready to beat his **** but I couldn't really say I like him.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    PATSTER said:

Hellequin said:

No epiquin today?
    Nah, if I'm not using the main Carnages41 account I prefer the Hellequin one.
  • Epiqu1nEpiqu1n Posts: 1,462Free
    12er said:

PATSTER said:

Hellequin said:

No epiquin today?
    I saw a epiq1n in the Xbox one section on Reddit today. He said the eqiq1n here is his buddy that stole his name to mess with him.
    First off wtf is reddit. Second I am the one and only true epiqu1n. Third I do not have friends, so clearly I can't mess with anyone.
    List of GOAT Fighters

1. Michael McDonald
    2. Nick Diaz
    3. Demetrious Johnson
    4. Matt Brown
    5. Rashad Evans
    6. JDS
    7. Joe Lauzon
    8. Patster
    9. Carnage
    10. 12er
    11. LayDownDead
    12. Diego Brandao
    13. Papy Abedi
    14. Tom Brady
    15. Russell Wilson
    16. Manhoef
    17. Scott Jorgensen
    18. Elias Silverio
    19. Fabio Maldonado
    20. Louis Smolka

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    Epiqu1n said:

12er said:

PATSTER said:

Hellequin said:

No epiquin today?
    First off wtf is reddit. Second I am the one and only true epiqu1n. Third I do not have friends, so clearly I can't mess with anyone.
    Lmao I like the honesty
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    edited July 2013
    epiqu1n  9 points 10 hours ago -I could swear I remember him or someone else from Microsoft saying almost exactly that – that they didn't plan on bringing back 1 vs 100, but definitely something along those lines. I'm mobile right now so I don't want to hunt for it, but if I get a chance then I'll find a source for that.permalinkreportgive goldreply

[–]John_Walker (some drunk) 3 points 9 hours ago -Off topic but is this the same epiqu1n from the ufc forum?permalinkparenteditdeletereply

[–]epiqu1n 2 points 8 hours ago-*Haha no, that's actually a friend of mine who decided to make an account with my name just to mess with me, except now he uses it as his main. Edit: Wow, just read through his history and I didn't realize just how much of a troll he is on that account...

Lmao. True story. And to answer your question, Reddit is where I go to get my goatbox one news and look at fight gif's.
    Post edited by 12er on
    Epiqu1n said:

12er said:

PATSTER said:

Hellequin said:

No epiquin today?
    Third I do not have friends, so clearly I can't mess with anyone.
    That's sad :o3 I'll be your friend :-h
  • Epiqu1nEpiqu1n Posts: 1,462Free
    12er said:

epiqu1n  9 points 10 hours ago -I could swear I remember him or someone else from Microsoft saying almost exactly that – that they didn't plan on bringing back 1 vs 100, but definitely something along those lines. I'm mobile right now so I don't want to hunt for it, but if I get a chance then I'll find a source for that.permalinkreportgive goldreply

[–]John_Walkersome drunk 3 points 9 hours ago -Off topic but is this the same epiqu1n from the ufc forum?permalinkparenteditdeletereply

[–]epiqu1n 2 points 8 hours ago-*Haha no, that's actually a friend of mine who decided to make an account with my name just to mess with me, except now he uses it as his main. Edit: Wow, just read through his history and I didn't realize just how much of a troll he is on that account...

Lmao. True story. And to answer your question, Reddit is where I go to get my goatbox one news and look at fight gif's.

WTF there is an impostor epiqu1n! Can I send a message to the mods of reddit and get this evil man banished from the internet?
    List of GOAT Fighters

1. Michael McDonald
    2. Nick Diaz
    3. Demetrious Johnson
    4. Matt Brown
    5. Rashad Evans
    6. JDS
    7. Joe Lauzon
    8. Patster
    9. Carnage
    10. 12er
    11. LayDownDead
    12. Diego Brandao
    13. Papy Abedi
    14. Tom Brady
    15. Russell Wilson
    16. Manhoef
    17. Scott Jorgensen
    18. Elias Silverio
    19. Fabio Maldonado
    20. Louis Smolka

• LayDownDeadLayDownDead Posts: 142Free
    The mystery of Epiqu1n has been solved by super sleuth 12er.

PAIGEPAGE IS GOAT
    Epiqu1n said:

12er said:

[–]John_Walkersome drunk 3 points 9 hours ago -Off topic but is this the same epiqu1n from the ufc forum?permalinkparenteditdeletereply

WTF there is an impostor epiqu1n! Can I send a message to the mods of reddit and get this evil man banished from the internet?
    Sure. Be sure to link the thread here.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited July 2013
    He is like a light switch but for the most part he is fake.
    When he burst onto the scene he came across as not knowing anything about the sport,much like Lansberg on TSN knows nothing about any sports.
    Ariel can come across as sincere and caring ,but in reality he is leading up to no good.he is always trying to cause **** to give him something to tweet back n forth between fighters.Perfect example is Rory McDonald,he tried his hardest to get Rory to trash talk with Penn,then again with Jake Ellenburger.He is constantly asking how he thinks about this comment or that comment.Rory is a calm respectable person,quit trying to turn him into a Sonnen or Diaz dirt bag.

It is not just Rory,MANY of the fighters don't like Ariel because he tries to cause ****.The ONLY time i really like Ariel is when he gets under Dana's skin but then he cowers badly when Dana gets mad at him.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

I'm a modern day Sherlock Holmes of the internet.
    12er said:

I'm a modern day Sherlock Holmes of the internet.
    It's "Elementary, my dear Watson"
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    I like that he asks more tough questions then most reporters. I don't like that he acts like a pansy every time anyone is even slightly annoyed with him. He's too easily intimidated and he's only slightly more controversial then most reporters but not enough to be a instigator.

• soundfaithsoundfaith Posts: 133Free
    He and Ben Fowlkes are both ok, but they are also both kinda douchey. I think MMA reporting will jump up several levels at some point when someone awesome comes along.
    Brandon Vera

Matt Mitrione

A.Silva

GSP

Rory MacDonald

Cain Velasquez

Siyar "The Great" Bahadurzada
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    I'm the same, never really liked home but since the ufc dominance he's grown on me!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,161Free
    I remember when he was a nobody until he interview'd Bob Arum and the whole MMA community erupted when he made those ridiculous claims about how the UFC is nothing but skinhead homosexuals fighting. He seems to be doing well so he's okay in my books.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Za1994 said:

I remember when he was a nobody until he interview'd Bob Arum and the whole MMA community erupted when he made those ridiculous claims about how the UFC is nothing but skinhead homosexuals fighting. He seems to be doing well so he's okay in my books.

maybe its time you removed your sister from your sig.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• NewGuy2000NewGuy2000 Posts: 1,618Free
    I prefer buff dudes. They bring it.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    edited July 2013
    Nike should make him a t-shirt. Ariel Nose.
    Post edited by FroZeN on
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
    FroZeN said:

Nike should make him a t-shirt. Ariel Nose.

lol
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    I think he's what the sport needs in terms of getting the answers out to the mma fans, he doesn't care about asking the questions nobody else will.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."