How do you feel about Jon Anik?

Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
At first I liked him. He was on ESPN doing the MMA Hour and I thought he was alright... Then he came over to the UFC and now I can't friggin stand the guy. He's not a jerk or anything, he just rubs me the wrong way, like nails on a chalkboard type ishh.

How do you all feel about him as a commentator?

How do you feel about Jon Anik?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free
    Yea he's a good commentator. The UFC did the right thing bringing him over.
    He gets undeserved hate and he's way better than Goldberg.
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,562Elite
    I don't mind him at all. He's supposed to fill the role on Goldberg and I think he fills it well.

I just don't think him and Kenny are to great together. Maybe it's just because its hard to tell them apart sometimes.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Nooo Sirrr. Aniks for the birds.
    Meh.

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    edited July 2013

I just don't like the guy. He's far too stiff for me, and he is lacking on his MMA knowledge. His voice just plain sucks, so dull... he mis-pronounces names like it's his job, he stumbles on his words sometimes... and he gets a weird look on his face when he's talking to fighters... He looks/sounds like he is trying to hard, and that pisses me off. I can't see how anyone wants to hear this guy commentate any MMA fights.
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
  • TheSinisterUrgeTheSinisterUrge Posts: 920Free
    Where is the "Die in a fire" option?

Where is the "Die in a fire" option?

I was considering it, but felt that was too harsh. I don't want him to die, I just want him to go away lol
  • TheSinisterUrgeTheSinisterUrge Posts: 920Free
    If he dies in a fire, he will be gone pretty far away.....
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free
    edited July 2013
    Cole1186 said:

I just don't like the guy. He's far too stiff for me, and he is lacking on his MMA knowledge. His voice just plain sucks, so dull... he mis-pronounces names like it's his job, he stumbles on his words sometimes... and he gets a weird look on his face when he's talking to fighters... He looks/sounds like he is trying to hard, and that pisses me off. I can't see how anyone wants to hear this guy commentate any MMA fights.
    That's how I look at Goldberg, except you add in that he's on some sort of drug cocktail that makes him 10x worse. I think they're slowly fazing Goldberg out. Anik is replacing Goldberg on the FS1 card
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on

Cole1186 said:

That's how I look at Goldberg, except you add in that he's on some sort of drug cocktail that makes him 10x worse. I think they're slowly fazing Goldberg out. Anik is replacing Goldberg on the FS1 card
    I grew up with Goldy tho! Most of the stuff I said about Anik can be said about Goldy, but I do like his voice a lot more. Thats something, right?

I really hope they don't phase out Goldy for Anik, that would be terrible imo :(
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,764Free
    I'm not going to lie, I was never to crazy about rogan and Goldberg until I heard anik and florian calling cards. It just sounds foreign to me. Also, anik is just annoying in general.
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    edited July 2013
    He's a sound guy and doe's a good job
    Post edited by cromwell on
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    He seems like he is shouting all the time. When Chael and him get going it sounds like they are weathermen reporting from the midst of a storm.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    Same way I feel about you. I don't care.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,582Free
    edited July 2013
    What ever happened to Bill "Superfoot" Wallace?

Anik is aight... he'll get better as time goes on, but Goldie does have the comedy factor going on tho...

A combination of Bas, Schiavello, Rogan and Chael could cover all bases
    Post edited by TigerChamp on

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    I'd **** him
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    WarWest said:

I'd **** him

I'd stream the ppv
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -

Same way I feel about you. I don't care.

You taking to me person on the internet? I care about you so much this doesn't make sense.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    edited July 2013
    I loved it when they were doing a recap on Fuel TV right after UFC on Fox 8 had just ended and they interviewed Rory MacDonald. Anik closed off by saying "Thank you Jake MacDonald for your time and stay tuned for more coverage."

I was like Dafuq? Chael and Stann were just trying to not bust out laughing. I'm sure that psychopath Rory is plotting his death via jab now.
    Post edited by FroZeN on
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,227Free
    I kind of like him, but would rather see him replaced...
    i'd prefer mauro ranallo in combination with anik or florian.

the two don't make a good commentating duo..

• wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,319Free
    He does a passable job, but I'd rather have someone a little more entertaining in there. Schiavello or even Mauro Ranallo, that nerdy little S.O.B. makes me laugh. Bas and The Voice are my favorite broadcast team by far. If Anik has to be in there, he needs to be paired with Chael to add a little bit of comedy while still having a high level of MMA knowledge.
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    honestly, the dude's not a jerk at all

he just has that personality that doesn't seem cool or popular or badass so people hate him for stupid reasons. he's just a commentator, he doesn't need to be the star of the show...his role is moreso to build up the fighters

i think he does a good enough job and based on his interview with brady he does seem like a decent dude
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    hes boring, has no personality, im sick of all these dull suit wearing straight backs, we need guys like bas rutten etc that bring some personality to the commentating.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

hes boring, has no personality, im sick of all these dull suit wearing straight backs, we need guys like bas rutten etc that bring some personality to the commentating.

I couldn't agree more
    Sisti said:

honestly, the dude's not a jerk at all

he just has that personality that doesn't seem cool or popular or badass so people hate him for stupid reasons. he's just a commentator, he doesn't need to be the star of the show...his role is moreso to build up the fighters

i think he does a good enough job and based on his interview with brady he does seem like a decent dude

I hear ya. I don't want good enough, I want better. The UFC can make it happen if they wanted, I wonder why they settle for Anik...
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,158Free
    He's a broadcaster not a commentator. He's okay on the Inside Fuel TV stuff. But for commentating; no. Too robotic and not enough personality. Just doesn't sound genuine when he is talking.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

He's a broadcaster not a commentator. He's okay on the Inside Fuel TV stuff. But for commentating; no. Too robotic and not enough personality. Just doesn't sound genuine when he is talking.

Ahh so that's why I suddenly stopped liking him, it was when he started commentating.. I could never put my finger on it. 100% agree with ya. He's good as a broadcaster, but that's all.
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    I like him since his transition from wwe! Also he replayed to tweet of mine so fair play!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• NewGuy2000NewGuy2000 Posts: 1,618Free
    I like Anik but like I have said from the start, they should never allow him and Florian to team up.
  • wordackwordack Posts: 474Free
    Nothing against the guy but I think he's a clueless and uninteresting commentator . Would love to see him replaced.