How different would fights be if there were no time limits, no rounds and no judges.

TheSinisterUrgeTheSinisterUrge Posts: 924Free
I miss the early days of the UFC.....

Discuss.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free

I miss the early days of the UFC.....

Discuss.

I don't want to discuss this. I'd rather go watch UFC 1-10
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Wrestlers or top control fighters would be more aggressive and more dominant w/ the ability to attack the back of the head or w/ strikes to the head of a downed opponent
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    Nick Diaz would legally murder everyone
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free
    WarWest said:

Nick Diaz would be P4P #1

Beat me to it!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    It already has been, early ufc's. check them out sometime.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
    cromwell said:

It already has been, early ufc's. check them out sometime.

He didn't say they hadn't he's talking about if it was still like that.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    Also GSP would get his head stamped on so couldn't constantly take people down

Won't let me like/agree tonight:-w
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

Because i reported you for abusing the dislike button so much, mods messaged me back saying they will temp stop you using it until further investigation. You will prob get a temp ban as well they said.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    cromwell said:

Because i reported you for abusing the dislike button so much, mods messaged me back saying they will temp stop you using it until further investigation. You will prob get a temp ban as well they said.
    All rustled up again so soon?
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    12er said:

cromwell said:

yep, and guess what, your probably gonna receive a temp ban aswel he said, not gonna tell you what mod i went to tho.
    12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

yep, and guess what, your probably gonna receive a temp ban aswel he said, not gonna tell you what mod i went to tho.
    And I'm supposed to be mad? I don't get rustled about the internet bro. If I get banned for making you cry yourself to sleep, I'll consider that a badge of honor.

was just kidding mate, do you really think i would go to the mods ha
    cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

And I'm supposed to be mad? I don't get rustled about the internet bro. If I get banned for making you cry yourself to sleep, I'll consider that a badge of honor.

Yes.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

Yes.

Iv'e just been messing with ya, bit of banter.
    cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

Yes.

Well I know you have. But then again, you also made a thread complaining about your disagrees and seen you get mighty rustled. You haven't been posting long enough for me to figure you completely out yet.

GOATer
    12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

Yes.

Well I know you have. But then again, you also made a thread complaining about your disagrees and seen you get mighty rustled. You haven't been posting long enough for me to figure you completely out yet.

was just trying to draw the guy out lol

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

Yes.

Me?
    Yes. His feelings are hurt. You owe him an apology.

GOATer
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    There has been far too much butthurt on here lately.

for Op though

I miss the random ridiculous match ups you'd get in the old UFC.

The balding fat white guys that would be red belts in Beer-can-do or some other **** they just made up. Made for good entertainment
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,625Free
    There would be more actual fights instead of Karate point matches.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

edited July 2013

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

12er said:

cromwell said:

Yes.

Me?</blockquote
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk9J58XR8HEDyFqoBvbCMbDHr4djIcnMCkmKQXzil5-0kTDgfe
    Post edited by cromwell on
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    HUGE difference and there would no longer be any excuses.even a guy like GSP could not wrestle non stop ,he is only human he gets very tired.
    IMO it is the BEST way to go,it would force more finishes and fights without forcing guys to fight stupid,it would come down to a lot of cardio and the need for skills once your cardio is done as nobody could go 20-25 minutes straight without a rest,so somebody is getting finished.
    The old style was also better because you had to think wisely if thinking about wrestling for 20 minutes,you would be so tired,no way you coudl fight another fight same night,

The old school UFC adds a ton more variables to fights and with more finishes,no worries about garbage judges.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,402Free
    Nick Diaz would be the ****ing GOAT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    Obviously they would be snooze. Those things mentioned make the fight happen, and end of the night bonuses are like nos for em. Long time.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    Could u imagine a GSP fight with no limits. Oh my god that would blow.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

Nick Diaz would be the ****ing GOAT

He would lose every fight by TKO punches and elbows to the back of the head
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Epiqu1nEpiqu1n Posts: 1,488Free
    Nick Diaz would be 99999-0, GSP wouldn't win 1 fight, Michael McDonald would be by far the best bantamweight, and basically everyone in my sig would be GOATs.
    List of GOAT Fighters

1. Michael McDonald
    2. Nick Diaz
    3. Demetrious Johnson
    4. Matt Brown
    5. Rashad Evans
    6. JDS
    7. Joe Lauzon
    8. Patster
    9. Carnage
    10. 12er
    11. LayDownDead
    12. Diego Brandao
    13. Papy Abedi
    14. Tom Brady
    15. Russell Wilson
    16. Manhoef
    17. Scott Jorgensen
    18. Elias Silverio
    19. Fabio Maldonado
    20. Louis Smolka

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Nick Diaz would be a 3 division world champ. Welterweights could only hold on for so long. Middleweights could only run for so long and light heavies would gas quickly beating on the GOAT. Jones gets caught in a gogo.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited August 2013
    gsp would still be laying on dan hardy and carlos condit would still be running
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car