Comments

• Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    thats the kind of performance GSP is impressed with
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    Of course GSP thinks along those lines.

GSP gets the most criticism for awful performances out of anybody in the UFC. When he see's his little protege go out there and put on a similar performance it gives him a hard on.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    It's kind of funny Rory is going down the exact same road as GSP. GSP used to be very exciting with flying armbars and dominating finishes which slowly evolved into point fighting and tossing killer instinct out the window.
  • CarlosBelcherCarlosBelcher Posts: 376Free
    Of course he thinks that, Rory is invading his **** every night after all.
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,256Free

You're late paperboy

happens if you have to manage all your alts.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited July 2013
    He fought a brilliant fight,took no damage,made a superior striker look bad,and best of all>>>Pissed off Dana,that alone i would pay to see anytime any day.
    If White wants action,he should sign a fight with me,i'll show him action.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,961Free
    I get serius lulz when people blame Jake for the boring fight. He is getting controlled by a jabbing sissy.Same group of people who defend GSPs safe fight. Saying sheit like why didny Hardy get up and make the fight exciting? He didnt do ish either! Mofo, he is getting controlled and laid on badly what can he do.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free

I get serius lulz when people blame Jake for the boring fight. He is getting controlled by a jabbing sissy.Same group of people who defend GSPs safe fight. Saying sheit like why didny Hardy get up and make the fight exciting? He didnt do ish either! Mofo, he is getting controlled and laid on badly what can he do.

True the rules don't help imo a lot of times guys like fitch will literally fall to the ground on their knees holding a leg and try to drag them down, all the other guy can do is try run or power out to get his leg free otherwise he hits the back of the head if he strikes which is obviously illegal. If the other guy could throw a knee or kick they would think twice doing stuff like that.

I do enjoy ground fights as long as they're working for a finish with good ground and pound or submissions.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free

It's not even that. Jake lost, he got what he deserved. But when you WIN in that fashion...it's terrible. All GSP fans always say blame the loser, but those guys got what they deserved, a loss.

Plus, that was hardly a way to prove your superiority. That he was the better fighter. He was able to do one thing effectively, and he showed very little else. Good on him he didn't lose or get hurt or hardly touched for that matter, but it's a fight. And it was on FOX. ****ing national television. Take a chance. Show the world how good you are
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    edited July 2013
    Though when you're champ you can fight as boring as you want cuz all you need is a belt to make fat stacks. You can't fight boring if you care about moving up a division, even GSP didn't do that.
    Post edited by TheBigD on
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Of course he does

He's an idiot
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Of course he does

He's an idiot

and gay

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,800Moderator, Ultimate
    Watch everyone flame off this........

Everyone likes to blame roidy for this terrible fight but lets look at the other side. Jake couldn't get roidys timing down, he couldnt properly close the distance, he couldnt properly cut the cage off and didnt switch the game plan up when he was failing at the stand up
    imageimage

Everyone likes to blame roidy for this terrible fight but lets look at the other side. Jake couldn't get roidys timing down, he couldnt properly close the distance, he couldnt properly cut the cage off and didnt switch the game plan up when he was failing at the stand up

it's very hard to get in range and close the distance with somebody who doesn't want to engage..

and jake was trying to find an opening, but thats even harder with the way rory was fighting.
    if he would've been just reckless, Machida/Bader 2 could've happened.

it was jakes fault also because he didn't shoot more often, but mostly it's rorys fault IMO

it's very hard to get in range and close the distance with somebody who doesn't want to engage..

and jake was trying to find an opening, but thats even harder with the way rory was fighting.

it was jakes fault also because he didn't shoot more often, but mostly it's rorys fault IMO
    Its definitely possible as it has happened in other fights. Jake could have done it if he was willing to try. Risk vs reward which jake chose not to engage. At least bader was willing to take the risk to get an advantage
    imageimage
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Of course he did because Rory threw out the gameplan GSP is going to use against another brawler with decent wrestling credentials.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT

Its definitely possible as it has happened in other fights. Jake could have done it if he was willing to try. Risk vs reward which jake chose not to engage. At least bader was willing to take the risk to get an advantage
    yeah man. those situations are ****.
    but i think jake should've taken the risk, and bader should'nt have. lol, machida is known to catch people coming in while rory isn't really known to get put under pressure alot..

but i think jake should've taken the risk, and bader should'nt have. lol, machida is known to catch people coming in while rory isn't really known to get put under pressure alot..
    Exactly. And that comes down to jake not preparing properly for rory
    imageimage

it probably does. but hey, rory didn't really throw anything but jabs and 3-4 frontkicks.. he's young and shouldn't already be that conservative in his style. He has time to find his own real fighting style, instead of copying a safe style of gsp.

it's sad, and i think this could mess rory up big time. especially with the fans.

it probably does. but hey, rory didn't really throw anything but jabs and 3-4 frontkicks.. he's young and shouldn't already be that conservative in his style. He has time to find his own real fighting style, instead of copying a safe style of gsp.

it's sad, and i think this could mess rory up big time. especially with the fans.
    I blame firas for that
    imageimage

I blame firas for that
    i also do

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    Ellenberger didn't do a thing. Rory fought a great fight, stop crying, it was Ellenbergers job to throw more then 10 punches.

Ellenberger didn't do a thing. Rory fought a great fight, stop crying, it was Ellenbergers job to throw more then 10 punches.

NO, lawler fought a great fight for example.

rory threw jabs and 3 frontkicks.

NO, lawler fought a great fight for example.

rory threw jabs and 3 frontkicks.
    Robbie def did. Man I was hoping for a flashback of old school but he kept his composure the whole time
    imageimage
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    Rory greatly avoided a fight.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Rory greatly avoided a fight.

Jake greatly avoided fighting as well
    imageimage
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    if I was fighting a guy like Ellenberger, knowing what I had on the line, I'd outpoint him too... personally I enjoyed the fight in a technique vs. strength sense, much like why I like Machida and Edgar fights despite the likelihood of a decision...

I think the reality of the situation is that, when you compete in MMA or any sport, you do what it takes to win, and if you don't you fail to do justice to both your opponent and the sport itself... I know people would have liked to see a brawl but Rory knew that if he played Ellenberger's game he would have lost so he played the methodical, technical game and won... when the level of competition gets that high you can't afford to make those mistakes and I really can't blame any fighter for that...
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    I like the guys that don't fight to win, but rather to show what they are capable of. Not to prove to us or anyone else, but to themselves that they can beat their opponent how they want

But Rory went out there and fought not to lose. Good job

@Epilouge I like Machida's style, and Edgar's heart and effort, but Rory fought nothing like those two in that fight. There are glaring differences in the way Rory fought and Machida fights. But there aren't that many differences in how Rory fought and how GSP fights.