RE: GSP, Lyoto, Condit, Rory, et al

kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
1. this is a sport. the sport of fighting. this is not real fighting. if this is a real fight, these guys will kick each other in the balls, poke eyes, bite, stomp and anything else dirty and nasty. if you want that, hang out in your local bar until last call and hang out in the parking lot night after night until you hit paydirt. otherwise, accept that this is a sport and they are playing a game, and the game wont always be as exciting as it could be. make the relation to any other sport you enjoy following, and this should be an easy concept to grasp.

2. accusations of lay and pray, ducking and running are so hackneyed and abused that it is embarrassing. if a guy avoids a combo hes a runner. if he gets injured he is ducking. if he lands a takedown hes laying and praying. reading these kind of posts is like grading homework from junior kindergarten

3. to justify the title let me touch on each of these fighters last fights

GSP: fought literally half and half with diaz, dominating him on the ground and on the feet. cry all you want, your boy had half the fight to land with his best boxing in mma, and all he did was eat jabs, supermans and kicks, while his famous bjj amounted to being on his back eating punches. masterful performance from the most well rounded fighter in history.

LYOTO: took hendo to school, hendo never came close to landing anything, and lyoto just took his time, got the patterns and timing down and could have won 20 rounds in a row, each more convincingly than the last. this man is a martial arts genius

CONDIT:
a) beat diaz cleanly in a kickboxing vs boxing match,

b) gave GSP a great fight, and

c) barely lost to hendricks in another great fight, which I would not have blinked if they gave him the decision. very creative fighter, who will get better as he tightens up his game and improves his wrestling

RORY: shut down a guy with KO power and great wrestling. if thats all jake had to offer, then what the hell was he planning on doing against the champ. at the highest level, you better have the chops and the reserves to throw something that works, or you can expect to get shutout by a real top fighter.

recognize what it is my friends, appreciate what you are watching

Tagged:

Comments

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    rustled lol

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    condit actually is a can tho

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free
    Maximum over rustle
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Well said OP.
    Real problem is most people watching MMA are not fans and definitely not knowledgeable enough to understand what they are watching.
    Only thing i have to say is on Machida.Yes he dominated Hendo,but i have said for a long time,Hendo is a complete bum,so not a tough fight for Machida.
    Lyoto is actually a counter striker,go figure he trained with Silva,another counter striker.I never much like counter fighters because they never engage even when losing Machida-Jones.In that fight he tried a few drive bye's but never intended to engage.
    Lyoto almost got subbed by Tito who is just a terrible fighter everywhere.Back to Hendo,he got mauled and looked like a turtle flipped over on the beach by a much smaller Jake Shield's.Point is that division is really weak,just as 185 and HW have been very weak.

However yes i agree with the whole premise,this is a sport,you have to fight within the rules and with money involved,you have to win.There have been a few losers make it rich but not enough to warrant fighting stupid,you really need to win at all costs.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • mutharashamutharasha Posts: 701Free
    the truth
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

• Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    edited August 2013
    Great post, minus the Machida part.lol Still awesome though.
    Post edited by Solid_Snake on
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    GSP is an athlete not a fighter

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Tl/dr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    12er said:

I didn't know zaksame has an alt.

so you're saying they're the zaksame person?

lol this is getting old but when such opportunity presents itself..

kyo_sa said:

1. this is a sport. the sport of fighting. this is not real fighting.

it is still a fight, so we have all the rights to hate whoever tries to avoid it. if you disagree, you should GTFO.
    kyo_sa said:

2. accusations of lay and pray, ducking and running are so hackneyed and abused that it is embarrassing.

lay and pray, ducking and running are embarrassing.

don't blame us for their lack of guts.

lay and pray is not to shoot a takedown. if you can't grasp this, you should GTFO.

running is not avoiding a combo. if you can't grasp this, you should GTFO.
    kyo_sa said:

GSP: fought literally half and half with diaz

so the best fight you could bring up was the one he lay and prayed for 12 minutes? do you see our point? no? GTFO.
    kyo_sa said:

CONDIT:
    a) beat diaz cleanly in a kickboxing vs boxing match

he ran. gave his back and ran. 1 2 5. GTFO.

TL;DR: GTFO
    Job well done Spartacus
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,731Free
    I recognize what I'm watching, then I fall asleep.

It's more fun to do that stuff in the ring then to watch it IMO. And these dudes admit they put on shows like that just to get the win and to play it safe. No one but a small minority wants to see that crap. Dana White, the boss man himself doesn't want to see that crap, and he's been to more events in person then uve seen from your living room, thus making him the ultimate fan.

In conclusion Machieza is the man, Condit is still a warrior, Rory is copying GSP, and GSP is the ultimate wet blanket sack of wine **** out there.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    Ttl/dr

Is OP a GSP defense novel?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    No bendo or fleej or even fitch section?
    Lame thread is lame.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

I don't get it
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free

eventho I dont like what happened, I would say this when Anderson woke up:
  • WarWest said:

I don't get it
    My post came out of nowhere...

Like Weidman's left hook
  • GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    Well done OP!! First time in a long time I read something on thus forum that took some actual intellect to write...unfortunately it wasn't long before the scrap pack(crayon club), came in here and ruined another thread by spewing there repetitive garbage. Perhaps some of the smart posters should form a " fact pack" and run off all these kids....oh wait, that won't work, because nobody else besides the crayon club spend every second on a damn forum playing.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

WarWest said:

I don't get it
    My post came out of nowhere...

Like Weidman's left hook
    Huh?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

Well done OP!! First time in a long time I read something on thus forum that took some actual intellect to write...unfortunately it wasn't long before the scrap pack(crayon club), came in here and ruined another thread by spewing there repetitive garbage. Perhaps some of the smart posters should form a " fact pack" and run off all these kids....oh wait, that won't work, because nobody else besides the crayon club spend every second on a damn forum playing.

You might actually be the king of rustled jimmies LoL
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Gsp has been rustling jimmies on this forum for years, it's amazing how he still is able to get such a high level of rustle.

You might actually be the king of the crayon club...patster is the First Lady. You don't get it do ya....only the 6 or 7 members of the crayon club think you guys are remotely funny, or ever have anything remotely intellectual to add to the forum. The other thousands of members just find you guys pathetic, and don't even bother to post anymore because they can see on the first page that this forum has been over run by children.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

WarWest said:

You might actually be the king of the crayon club...patster is the First Lady. You don't get it do ya....only the 6 or 7 members of the crayon club think you guys are remotely funny, or ever have anything remotely intellectual to add to the forum. The other thousands of members just find you guys pathetic, and don't even bother to post anymore because they can see on the first page that this forum has been over run by children.

Dont get mad at me because you're rustled

You're the one that allows yourself to get maximum over rustled level 11

Be mad at yourself LoL
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    10/10 OP
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    WarWest said:

WarWest said:

Dont get mad at me because you're rustled

You're the one that allows yourself to get maximum over rustled level 11

Be mad at yourself LoL

There ya go with your repetitive garbage again!! Get some new material kid! You children could never rustle anybody....like I said, you don't even get it....the scrap pack laugh together, mean while the rest of the word are just laughing AT you. Your not funny, you guys don't rustle anybody....just wasting good space just like the 125 lb division.