Anderson heading to Thailand.. going back to his roots.

Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
http://www.bjpenn.com/the-spider-heads-to-thailand-to-sharpen-skills/

We have gained word that the former champion is packing his bags and heading to Thailand to work on his Muay-Thai and striking skills to better prepare for Weidman.

Silva has always been a master of Muay Thai inside the cage and it looks like he is going back to his roots in an effort to get back what he lost to Weidman on July 6th; The UFC Middleweight Title. In a report by Brazilian sports outlet Esportes, Silva explained that he is not blaming his corner or camp for the loss to Weidman at UFC 162 but is rather taking the blame himself and is now looking to correct those mistakes by heading to Thailand to train with some of the best strikers in the world.

“I did not have to put the blame on my team," said Silva. "Who made the mistake was me. I’ve made a technical error, I cannot put the blame on my team. Now is reviewing what I did wrong technically, that is something we are already doing, and think forward. We have a nice workout calendar, soon going to Thailand to spend time there and then back to finish our training in Rio.”

“I will train and be focused to do my job well done.”
Tagged:

Comments

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Thailand is well known for it's wrestling :P
    I thought he was smarter than that,guess not.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Maybe he's going there for a different type of roots
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    His roots? So back to thwe pride days where he got his *** kicked
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free

His roots? So back to thwe pride days where he got his *** kicked

More like his Rich Franklin days where he kicked ****. And he lost in pride cause he hadn't trained bjj or wrestling really.

Muy Thai Anderson is coming back. There's gonna be a new old sheriff in town. Believe it.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,797Moderator, Ultimate
    If he goes to tiger muay thai then we know he jumped the ship
    imageimage
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Good idea, silva does need to work on his stand up extensively if he decides to show up to fight weidman again.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Silva is going to be distracted by all the shemales in Thailand.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Cole1186 said:

Good idea, silva does need to work on his stand up extensively if he decides to show up to fight weidman again.

I can't put my finger on it, there's just something about u.. I just wanna hug you and pinch ur cheeks.

Is that gay?
    Depends, which cheeks?

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Cole1186 said:

I can't put my finger on it, there's just something about u.. I just wanna hug you and pinch ur cheeks.

Is that gay?
    Depends, which cheeks?
    There you go again.. Making it impossible not to love you. Will you marry me?

Now be honest, is that gay?
    Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Is that gay?
    Depends, which cheeks?

Only if you forget to say no ****. And yes, I do. I mean I will..

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Is that gay?
    Depends, which cheeks?

I, uhh, I mean I did say no ****, didnt I?! :-S

I'm too broke right now but I promise I'll get u a ring when the time is right, Mrs. Cole.
    Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Is that gay?
    Depends, which cheeks?

I, uhh, I mean I did say no ****, didnt I?! :-S

I'm too broke right now but I promise I'll get u a ring when the time is right, Mrs. Cole.
    Its okay sweetie take your time, as long as that **** is worth the wait.
    And that's Ms.WeidGoat to you mister. >:/

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Only thing Silva needs to work on is his arrogance.
    TheBigD said:

Silva's stand up is what cost him the fight. He needs to train more striking, and talk less if he wants any hope of coming close to winning the rematch.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    Hmmmm, if the biggest hole in my game was my wrestling, I'd definitely be going to Thailand to train Muay Thai. Maybe weidman hit him harder than we thought???

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

TheBigD said:

Silva's stand up is what cost him the fight. He needs to train more striking, and talk less if he wants any hope of coming close to winning the rematch.
    I know the fight seems different in your head but he wasn't even counter-striking or striking at all. He was just bobbing his head arrogantly and ducking until he finally got knocked out from it. Weidman's epic wrestling lasted a whole 10 seconds on Silva while Chael kept him down for rounds. Sorry to ruin your world.

Luckily your client has a chance to actually prove himself next time, assuming Silva actually fights back. Also you're gonna have to pull out of Weidman long enough for him to show up for the fight.
    TheBigD said:

TheBigD said:

I know the fight seems different in your head but he wasn't even counter-striking or striking at all. He was just bobbing his head arrogantly and ducking until he finally got knocked out from it. Weidman's epic wrestling lasted a whole 10 seconds on Silva while Chael kept him down for rounds. Sorry to ruin your world.

Luckily your client has a chance to actually prove himself next time, assuming Silva actually fights back. Also you're gonna have to pull out of Weidman long enough for him to show up for the fight.
    Lol you should probably watch a fight first before you decide to comment on it.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    Nice try PR guy. How much $$ is Weidman paying you to deepthroat him on the forums?
    TheBigD said:

Nice try PR guy. How much $$ is Weidman paying you to deepthroat him on the forums?

Here this might help.
    PreparationH.jpeg
    350 x 169 - 15K

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    edited August 2013
    TheBigD said:

Take your own advice bro.

Huh? What for? Weidman dominated every aspect of the first fight and won in convincing fashion.
    Why is your butt still so sore?
    Post edited by Weidman_the_GOAT on

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    TheBigD said:

Take your own advice bro.

Why would he be butthurt?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

TheBigD said:

TheBigD said:

Can't stop Lol'ing at this post. Did he really say that weidman was only on top for 10 seconds? Bahahaha
    =))

And silva wasnt striking back huh? Yeah okay buddy. I take it you missed all the gifs of chris standing in front of anderson with his hands down matrixing him? How oh so convenient haha.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • Weidman will fight even smarter and take him down.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 819Free
    If anything Silva should go to US and train wrestling !! He can train striking in Brazil with all the good strikers out there.