Jesus Christ herb dean u missed a dislocation? shame

OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,098Free
Herb Dean put Jung at horrible risk of serious injury when that happened. Complete dislocation, he notices it then let Aldo throw kicks at it?

He needs to be brought to serious action for this blatant disregard for fighter safety.

Awful

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

Comments

• ThisiswarThisiswar Posts: 499Free
    Agreed but it might have been awkward angle to see. Sad to see a fight end like that.
    They see me trolling, they hating' patrollin' And tryin' to catch me trolling dirty!!
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    I said it back when Mazz was getting all his hate.
    Dean ain't that far behind.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • KZ could of verbally tapped, but he chose to fight on.
    TUF1_ said:

would have been much more butthurt had herb stopped it early and people would have been whining that he could have fought with 1 arm and oh Herb STOPPED the fight

True.
    I rather the fight go on than getting stopped & watching all these KZ zombie fans whine about how Aldo got lucky. Aldo also needs to step up his game. I'm ashamed to take MT now.
    Silva. Ellenberger. Now Aldo. #-o
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
  • Apparently Aldo injured his foot in round 1 and was uncomfortable, that could explain why he threw minimal kicks and went for takedowns. According to Pederneiras.

Apparently Aldo injured his foot in round 1 and was uncomfortable, that could explain why he threw minimal kicks and went for takedowns. According to Pederneiras.

That explains it.
    I think it was maybe the first kick.
    Saw it & heard it.
    Automatically thought about someone here saying Aldo would break his leg kicking KZ.
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free

KZ could of verbally tapped, but he chose to fight on.

This^^^^^ props to zomb's, hopefully he'll come back stronger, get anothe streak going and have another chance for the title but this time as the new improved zombie!
    I feel if the fight continued without his shoulder popping he would have won!
    I hope he comes back against lamas, shuts him up and then beats Mendes for a shot at the belt!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,059Free
    Stefano said:

Faber fought Brown after breaking both hands.

This. Faber is a G. Both hands broke....**** it I'll throw elbows.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free
    Chung would've put the shoulder in place if only he had the chance to... or had Aldo kicked him harder in it.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited August 2013
    Not gonna lie

I wouldn't of been upset w/ a no contest if Herb stopped it when it happened

It should have been treated like a bad eye poke, or low blow since it's unintentional and dangerous for the fighter
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    Keem said:

Not gonna lie

I wouldn't of been upset w/ a no contest if Herb stopped it when it happened

It should have been treated like a bad eye poke, or low blow since it's unintentional and dangerous for the fighter

would have been TKO (injury) victory to Aldo
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    Aldo started pouring it on once he saw KZ was hurt.

I found that a bit disappointing that he'd played it so safe until that point.

KZ looked like he was trying to pop it back in- he's a tough dude.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,059Free
    Tahune said:

I would have tried to if I were him too. That might be the only shot he ever gets.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    12er said:

Tahune said:

I would have tried to if I were him too. That might be the only shot he ever gets.
    Yeah it was like someone had turned the switch on to kill mode.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited August 2013
    Tahune said:

It doesn't hurt to fight smart, in Aldo's case it wasn't like he was dragging a** the whole fight, ya know?

Schaub doesn't get kudos for pouring it on Rothwell when he had him hurt lol
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • gazlufcgazlufc Posts: 651Free
    Im not a fan of Herb Dean as a ref but i`ll admit i never noticed the shoulder pop until Stann mentioned it.But why does Dean constantly tell fighters to work one week and the next does f all
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 556Free
    Not gona lie.. I know this is a ruthless fight buisness, but would have been nice to see a bit of fair play from Aldo. Oh well I have never stepped into a cage myself so in no place to judge.
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Dislocations can easily be popped back in sometimes with little consequence. I think Herb was right to give him a chance. He stopped it as soon as Jung was in real danger.
  • HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free
    kapst said:

Dislocations can easily be popped back in sometimes with little consequence. I think Herb was right to give him a chance. He stopped it as soon as Jung was in real danger.

Exactly what I was going to say. You all saw TKZ try and pop it back in himself, and it wouldn't have been surprising if he was able to. It was stopped perfectly in my opinion, and anyone who doesn't like Herb as a ref is one picky mofo.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,098Free

kapst said:

Exactly what I was going to say. You all saw TKZ try and pop it back in himself, and it wouldn't have been surprising if he was able to. It was stopped perfectly in my opinion, and anyone who doesn't like Herb as a ref is one picky mofo.
    clearly never had a shoulder injury... if its a partial dislocation you may be able to knock it back in, but a full separation, it's basically impossible to put back in yourself. The pain receptors are going ballistic. They react so fast there is no time for shock, while it is out is basically instant agony, then shock. It hurts more than a break on the spot, which is why fighters can fight on with a break. It's a massive risk to nerves and ligaments to even move a dislocated limb, let alone let someone throw kicks at it.

I've had two full reconstructions and about 6 dislocations, and broken my forearm and hand before.

It's straight up negligent imho

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Yes it was VERY obvious to probably 99.9% of the watchers,so go figure the guy in CHARGE with fighter safety misses it,but not surprised ,iit is Herb Dean the lumbering fat body,terrible ref extraordinaire.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    Ozpride said:

kapst said:

clearly never had a shoulder injury... if its a partial dislocation you may be able to knock it back in, but a full separation, it's basically impossible to put back in yourself. The pain receptors are going ballistic. They react so fast there is no time for shock, while it is out is basically instant agony, then shock. It hurts more than a break on the spot, which is why fighters can fight on with a break. It's a massive risk to nerves and ligaments to even move a dislocated limb, let alone let someone throw kicks at it.

I've had two full reconstructions and about 6 dislocations, and broken my forearm and hand before.

It's basically impossible for Herb to tell if it is a partial dislocation or not during a fight. I have a friend that had a partial dislocation during a fight, popped it back in between rounds, and won the fight. There was nothing negligent about what Herb did. I think that he did exactly what he should do.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free
    Ozpride said:

kapst said:

You really think it's easy to notice what type of shoulder injury someone sustains in a fight? You think he should have jumped in straight away? Man, I would hate to have you ref a fight of mine. Also, I have had shoulder injuries and I know how painful they can be, but this is a high level title fight we are talking about.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<