After ufc 163 i think i have had enough of ufc....

HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free
bad judging and scoring...bad reffing ...... juiced fighters........, nods before knock outs..... think i have seen enough of ufc

nothing could make me believe from what i have seen in the last few years that the ufc want to sort out it's problems with scoring judges or reff's. but why....

Biyootched
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    edited August 2013
    12er said:

The referees and judges work for the athletic commissions, not the ufc.

Doesn't mean they can't help fix the problem. Almost every event has a terrible decision and we're forced to brush off and accept it as a normal thing within the sport. "Oh there goes the judges and their silly decisions again"
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    HAD0K3N said:

bad judging and scoring...bad reffing ...... juiced fighters........, nods before knock outs..... think i have seen enough of ufc

nothing could make me believe from what i have seen in the last few years that the ufc want to sort out it's problems with scoring judges or reff's. but why....

deuces
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    I agree. The scripting is getting worse than the WWE. Well, I wouldn't know because I don't watch that garbage, but I remember it as a kid.

I was screaming at my phone for machida to do something....ANYTHING. nope. Its like the fighters just go in to make their few thousand bucks or whatever. Its not a knockout spectacle anymore.

GSP tactics are simply ruining the UFC... and so is crap like Silva dropping the belt on the weekend of the 4th and garbage like that. Even the rohsey hype is hugely scripted, and having a Mexican HW champ coincidentally at the same time they're launching into a Latino market.... all scripts.

Just up the bonuses again so they actually fight each other, Dana.

All that being said, machida does not deserve to be a number one contender right now. U just can't pull up into the top 3 and then start coasting because you're making main event money.

I think chapel sonnen made Dana realize that the $$$ is in the hype... not the fight.

Now I'll let the machida haters troll me a while. I wouldn't doubt if there weren't one or two who were just chomping at the bit to troll me as soon as they announced the decision. And speaking of decision, is HAD to be based on aggression alone, but that's a price you have to be willing to pay if you want to play the part of the counterstriker.

I bet we see chael come flying off of the top of the octagon with a randy savage elbow against shogun. Its getting that bad.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    The nods make the fights way more exciting
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
    I'm HIGH Woo HOOOOO!!! .....to stay on topic...I love MMA and the UFC, and if you don't then go watch tennis or something
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free

I'm HIGH Woo HOOOOO!!! .....to stay on topic...I love MMA and the UFC, and if you don't then go watch tennis or something

I love mma thats why it hurts when i see the state of the sport... stay high ignorance is obviously bliss

Biyootched
  • HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free

12er said:

The referees and judges work for the athletic commissions, not the ufc.

Doesn't mean they can't help fix the problem. Almost every event has a terrible decision and we're forced to brush off and accept it as a normal thing within the sport. "Oh there goes the judges and there silly decisions again"
    My point exactly

Biyootched
    HAD0K3N said:

I love mma thats why it hurts when i see the state of the sport... stay high ignorance is obviously bliss

It is what it is. You know this. It's not perfect as is most things.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    ThePack19 said:

Dana White cannot make it any more clearer......"Do not leave it in the hands of the judges."

Because they suck. The judges are there for a reason and it's not to suck. Poor judging it the single biggest problem in MMA.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    Prefer the older UFC days myself

I was always worried what route the UFC would take the more mainstream it got.
  • BagdadBobBagdadBob Posts: 111Ultimate
    Maybe we could have less problems if the UFC prolonged the rounds to 10 minutes. That would result in fewer fights going the distance.
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 677Free
    absolutly agree.

thanks god im less stupid now!

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 846Free
    I still watch UFC (not even talking about mma because there are other organizations out there with less bs) because I love the sport and the HYPE around UFC events but I do see your point OP.

Some will hate me for that ok ? but I do not believe UFC HAS NOTHING to do with the judges decisions !! SORRY I said it.

It has been very clear Dana doesnt like Machida anymore (as a contender) and even Jones mentioned Machida doesnt sell it. Its all about the $$$ and we (mma lovers) wanna refuse to believe on it but it is true and reality.

Style wise, Davis was just the perfect guy to take Machida out the contendership lead !!!

ON THE OTHER HAND ....

Machida just bacl paddled, sorry !! We understand his game but lets be real here !! ITS ANNOYING TOO
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    No, don't leave! What will we ever do?
    Believe in Beard
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,184Free
    10 minute first rounds would result in more finishes. As well, as knees and kicks to the head of downed opponents and taking away elbows on the ground.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free

10 minute first rounds would result in more finishes. As well, as knees and kicks to the head of downed opponents and taking away elbows on the ground.

Pride style B-)

These rules would also take away the advantage wrestlers get with the current rules to imo
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    You have to admit that Dana's reaction on Twitter is NOT what you would expect! He was calm, despite giving Machida all 3 rounds himself, rather than spastic and abrasive.

And with all the bi***ing that he personally has done, at what lengths has he gone to 'fix' this problem? He's more worried about getting into NY than he is fixing things that need fixing
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free

Pride style B-)

These rules would also take away the advantage wrestlers get with the current rules to imo
    How so? You mean the removal of elbows, yellow cards, both or something else entirely?
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,837Free
    edited August 2013

You have to admit that Dana's reaction on Twitter is NOT what you would expect! He was calm, despite giving Machida all 3 rounds himself, rather than spastic and abrasive.

And with all the bi***ing that he personally has done, at what lengths has he gone to 'fix' this problem? He's more worried about getting into NY than he is fixing things that need fixing

I guarantee if Phil got away with this on Jones he'd throw a fit and make headlines. This fight was as obvious as Manny Pacquia and Tim Bradley.
    Post edited by Ansem on

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Ansem said:

I guarantee if Phil got away with this on Jones he'd throw a fit and make headlines. This fight was as obvious as Manny Pacquia and Tim Bradley.
    Ya boy got beat, homie. Lyoto's back-pedaling wasn't enough this time.
    Believe in Beard
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 940Free
    HAD0K3N said:

photo trayvon-cries-375x283.gif

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    OP where were the nods before knockouts?

I'm interested I'm not having a go at you.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free

Rockhold nodded at Vitor

ahhh ok I thought they meant at 163
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate

I remember my first joint....
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited August 2013
    machida tried to lazily win yet another close decision and it cost him, a lot of kicks/ punches that phil threw almost struck the mark and to the judges ring side who cant see all the action probably looked like they connected.

had machida been more agressive he might have won by finish, but also phil might have secured more takedowns. Machida was a favorite of mine but he isnt anymore due to the way he relies on his opponent and what they do as opposed to applying the pressure himself.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    2013 has been the best year of mma in a long time. Shutup.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.