Stann as a commentator

MrBisonMrBison Posts: 556Free
edited August 2013 in UFC
I though he did a great job! Way better than Florian or Annik.. Thoughts?

Stann as a commentator

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,182Free
    Good but I'd rather hear Rogan
    He was good, rather listen to Rogan and do wish he was still fighting.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Thought he sounded better the Kenny but prefer Rogan, Still think Mir should be given a job on the mic though he was awesome doing the wec.
    Wow, I didn't even realize it was him during the fights.

Stann is 2nd P4P UFC commentator just behind the GOAT Rogan.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    Stann was great and should replace Rogan full time

• AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    I really like Stann, but the chemistry he has with Goldy just isn't the same. I really look forward to Joe and Goldberg's back and forths.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    He's definitely a fanboy & lets his biases cloud his judgement, even moreso than Rogan. Other than that, he was pretty good.

Still, PPV's just aren't the same w/o Rogan, imho..
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    i thought he did a very nice job. i actually wouldnt mind seeing him and joe do commentary together and rid ourselves of the garbage known as mike goldberg.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

NeckCrank said:

i thought he did a very nice job. i actually wouldnt mind seeing him and joe do commentary together and rid ourselves of the garbage known as mike goldberg.

This. I'd like to see Goldberg go.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,066Free
    NeckCrank said:

This is perfect.
    Although it would be sad to hear a former fighter do the advertisment plugs.

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    Rogan is just the best with Goldberg, no denying the best duo in all of combat sports.
  • Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    kapst said:

He's definitely a fanboy & lets his biases cloud his judgement, even moreso than Rogan. Other than that, he was pretty good.

You think so? I didn't get that impression. Just curious, where did you feel he was being a fanboy?
    Today's Top Fighters Answer Your Questions At 'Your Corner' Check it out here!
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    najma said:

NeckCrank said:

This is perfect.
    Although it would be sad to hear a former fighter do the advertisment plugs.

I was going to say the same thing and I think it would be an awesome combo. Joe has the years of commentating and Stan is fresh from fighting with a perspective neither Joe or Goldie could bring. Imagine Joe, Stann and Mir? That would be fun!
    Today's Top Fighters Answer Your Questions At 'Your Corner' Check it out here!
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
    Brady969 said:

kapst said:

You think so? I didn't get that impression. Just curious, where did you feel he was being a fanboy?
    Basically during the Machida/Davis fight. Neither one of them were doing anything at all, but every time Machida landed a weak punch he would totally exaggerate it. The few times Davis did something, he was silent. Listening to him gave the impression that Machida was putting a beating on Phil Davis, & that Davis did absolutely nothing aside from the two takedowns. The stats pretty much show that's complete bunk.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,816Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    I thought he did a great job
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,139Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    Should at least replace Florian imo
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    edited August 2013
    he does a decent job but there are far better commentators out there and the ufc should pursue the best. But im also sick of goldberg repeating the same **** over and over and i think its time he to was replaced.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,357Free
    He sucked
    he said congratulations to Machida walking away lol

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 10,981Free
    All in all he did pretty good, especially for his first time. I still prefer rogan though.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,357Free
    He sucked
    still better than tito tho

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

he said congratulations to Machida walking away lol

Yeah, I was like "wtf" when he said that.

Totally out of place.. lol
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,183Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    Rogan and Stann would make a good combo. Stann wouldn't constantly say stupid crap like Goldy does.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    it's a wonder he can talk after that fight with Silva, god damn they battered each other.

I thought he did a good job, i reckon Mir would be awesome too
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • I Much prefer Stann to Anik and Florian, I thought he was great. Wish he was still fighting but what can ya do.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,754Free
    I thought he was really good. Better then Anik and Florian, but not as good add Joe. Joe and Stan would rock tho!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    edited August 2013
    bonnar is better than stann imo

infact i like the idea of a bonnar and stann duo
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    I enjoyed his commentry
    I think Stann was spot on, very good analysis on par or better then Rogan I was actually surprised. Plus he doesnt always ignore Goldie like hes a child which Rogan does most the time.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• DCDWDCDW Posts: 660Free
    Stann was pretty decent, but the tone of his voice is somewhat close to Goldbergs and there were times Stann was talking when I thought it was Goldberg. Still he was on point and didn't make many fumbles outside of a few times where the commentating was quiet. As it is I rank the UFC fighter turned commentator list as Mir > Stann > Florian.
  • CaptinsaneOCaptinsaneO Posts: 75Free
    NeckCrank said:

Totally agree with you, Rogan and Stann is a perfect match. For those of you that have not checked out Stann commentating on boxing you really need too. One of the better I've ever heard, probably in my top five. Not sure if he's on Showtime or HBO but its one of those for sure. Goldberg needs to go, he brings something trashy to the broadcast for sure. You nailed it NeckCrank!!!

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Wish he'd just stick to fighting
    He was average and a little too much into hyping each fighter.At least Rogan although not always right will give both sides of a fighter and not afraid to say when one guy is just crap or fighting stupid.Stann sort of **** kisses when he announces.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.