Aldo BROKE right foot inside first round.. Still gets the finish.

Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
edited August 2013 in UFC
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/4/4588218/x-ray-confirms-jose-aldo-broke-his-foot-during-ufc-163-win

I could see his right foot was very swollen right after he threw his first let kick. Goldy even mentioned that he hit KZ with his foot. Unfortunately for Aldo that was the first and only kick he threw in the fight, well I think he threw two but after the second kick realized he had injured himself.

This is why he wrestled and stalled the fight, he was fighting with a possible broken foot. It had a serious impact on the fight, limiting his movement, power of his punches, and effectively taking away his biggest weapon.

Yet he showed the heart of a true champ, not once complaining to his corner or visibly showing he was in trouble. That's what champs are made of folks, they fight through adversity and win even when the odds are stacked against them.
Post edited by Cole1186 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    edited August 2013
    PATSTER said:

Aldo and Korean Zombie stood there like idiots not exchanging until the last 10 seconds every round.

No excuses for a **** fight.

Yea I remember those fights. There have been many fights when fighters get injured and stop fighting, and threw in the towel too. I'm just saying Aldo did not do that. When KZ started pushing the pace he dislocated his shoulder on the back of Jose's head! Then Aldo, being the killer he is, took advantage and finished the fight.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    It obviously wasn't hurting him much. He wasn't limping so it wasn't that bad, since the foot was good enough to walk on it.
    najma said:

It obviously wasn't hurting him much. He wasn't limping so it wasn't that bad, since the foot was good enough to walk on it.

He was limping when he was walking out of the cage after the fight. The adrenalin masks pain, doesn't mean it didn't screw his game up, which it certainly did. He couldn't fully push off his back fought, meaning his punches lost some steam. And he didn't throw any leg kicks... His biggest weapon wasn't even used because of his injury.

they both injured themselves.

forum decides to hate on Aldo for winning, though.

Yea seriously. Aldo's foot was visibly swollen.. why didn't KZ pounce on Aldo and try to finish the injured champ?? KZ pops his shoulder out and INSTANTLY Aldo goes in for the kill. That's why Aldo's the best.
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    Cole1186 said:

Yea seriously. Aldo's foot was visibly swollen.. why didn't KZ pounce on Aldo and try to finish the injured champ?? KZ pops his shoulder out and INSTANTLY Aldo goes in for the kill. That's why Aldo's the best.
    Guess KZ didn´t notice it? His own injury was unmaskable, though... Not really impressive to "finish" a guy hurt so bad. At least KZ was the cause of Aldo´s injury.

Cole1186 said:

Guess KZ didn´t notice it? His own injury was unmaskable, though... Not really impressive to "finish" a guy hurt so bad. At least KZ was the cause of Aldo´s injury.
    I know he probably didn't notice it, but didn't KZ's corner think it was strange that Aldo didn't throw any kicks... and didn't they bother to look down at his overly swollen right foot?

It works both ways, KZ popped his shoulder out when he hit Aldo in the back of the head. Whether or not his shoulder would of dislocated if he didn't hit Aldo remains to be seen, but Aldo's hard head caused KZ to get injured, as did KZ's hard knee for Aldo's injury.
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

I know he probably didn't notice it, but didn't KZ's corner think it was strange that Aldo didn't throw any kicks... and didn't they bother to look down at his overly swollen right foot?

It works both ways, KZ popped his shoulder out when he hit Aldo in the back of the head. Whether or not his shoulder would of dislocated if he didn't hit Aldo remains to be seen, but Aldo's hard head caused KZ to get injured, as did KZ's hard knee for Aldo's injury.
    Yeah, seems odd if they didn´t notice it. Their gameplan was odd, too - if they had any...

Judging by Aldo´s comments, KZ deliberately caused Aldo´s injury by blocking the kick with knee, but Aldo getting hit in the head isnt blocking :)

Cole1186 said:

Cole1186 said:

Yeah, seems odd if they didn´t notice it. Their gameplan was odd, too - if they had any...

Judging by Aldo´s comments, KZ deliberately caused Aldo´s injury by blocking the kick with knee, but Aldo getting hit in the head isnt blocking :)
    Yea I do agree, but hell, Aldo got a thick skull lol.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    to all you who bought that card, you brought it on yourselves.

When will they stop putting Machida in co-main and main events when he's not exciting.

Besides that fight and the Aldo fight that was not a PPV worthy card, by any means.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
    I couldn't believe it was a ppv card... was there lots of injuries or something? Cause that card was hardly fuel t.v. worthy (outside of Aldo/Machida).
    edited August 2013
    woops
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    scroll up genius :}

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

scroll up genius :}

holy **** where did that come from. lol!
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,159Free

looks like hominicks forehead.

That's freaking brutal! What a boss!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 49-37

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

It's like users NEED to hate something lol

@PATSTER
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • It's pretty impressive I reckon, so unlucky that the first kick he throws hit zombies knee and breaks his foot. At least people can now stop whinging about Aldo clinching. Respect to both Aldo and Zombie for staying in there, I would like to see a rematch somewhere down the line.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Cole1186 said:

LMAO. Broken foot is easier to handle than a separated shoulder. Was Zombie gonna footstomp Aldo to death? Aldo knew he was starting to lose and went for a TD after the shoulder . LMAO.
    Believe in Beard
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate

Cole1186 said:

If it was the other way around, Aldo would have clinched against the cage and footstomped like crazy lol
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free

Cole1186 said:

LMAO. Broken foot is easier to handle than a separated shoulder. Was Zombie gonna footstomp Aldo to death? Aldo knew he was starting to lose and went for a TD after the shoulder . LMAO.
    If Aldo was the one with a separated shoulder KZ would be the champ rai nao
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free

looks like hominicks forehead.

Looks like a monkey foot, or eagles claw!

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    looks to me like hes filled his foot with cement, no wonder he dislocated the zombies shoulder
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,950Free
    Jung should have foot stomped Aldo to a finish and then get praised for his killer instinct.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Cole1186 said:

I couldn't believe it was a ppv card... was there lots of injuries or something? Cause that card was hardly fuel t.v. worthy (outside of Aldo/Machida).

no not a lot of injuries,like you said, it was a fuel or rx card

This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    He got the finish?I am pretty sure it was over 20 seconds prior when Jung dislocated his shoulder.I have D/L mine several times,both of them,the first few times,it hurts like crap and tough to get it back in,after awhile you can just snap it and continue.This may have been his first,so he had no chance to fight on.
    Still i did not like the way Jung fought,you don't have to get a TD or punch wild all the time,you can use some smarts and calculated moves to get in and grapple,hold against the fence and dirty box or even get a TD.
    IMO that was not the best Jung we could see but the way he fought,it was a crap fight,all one sided.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,544Free
    KZ's Broken foot!!!

And a dislocated shoulder, so this picture was very close ;))

I still want to see the rematch tho, but not immediately...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1