Davis vs Machida 2?

AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
edited August 2013 in UFC
Machida wants a rematch to prove he won, which he obviously doesn't need to do but if it were to happen who you got in the rematch? in my opinion Machida would be either way to aggressive and get the kill on Phil or get caught with something Davis flails. Either way im down to see it again :D

Davis vs Machida 2?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

Comments

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    Davis
    Don't want to see. Same thing would happen. Davis still gets the win.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • Tbh Machida is starting to get pretty boring. He needs to be more aggressive
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,901Free
    edited August 2013
    Machida
    Don't want to see, man up Machida and be **** more agressive or STFU. But if a rematch were to happen Machida would win again, Davis had nothing for him.
    Post edited by amunera on
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Machida

Don't want to see. Same thing would happen. Davis still gets the win.

when you say win by robbery again or legitimately this time?

edited August 2013
    Davis
    Machida had every advantage and he squandered it.

Hostility towards non-Brazilian fighter - check
    Notorious Brazilian judging bias - check
    ex-champ bias - check
    larger fan base bias - check
    black opponent bias - check

face it... the guy 'fought' safe and it back fired.
    Post edited by JonBonesJonesFan on

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    Yeah I want to see that as much as I'd like to see a Hendo rematch.

Boring azz Napchida needs to be cut.

Everyone is all over the judges, but they obviously didn't even watch the fight because Napchida lived up to his name and put them to sleep.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Machida

Hostility towards non-Brazilian fighter - check (this doesn't help in the cage)
    Notorious Brazilian judging bias - check (they were American judges appointed by the UFC)
    ex-champ bias - check (goes against him)
    larger fan base bias - check (irrelevant)
    black opponent bias - check (Dana Loves black fighters)

Put the crack pipe down.

Machida

Everyone is all over the judges, but they obviously didn't even watch the fight because Napchida lived up to his name and put them to sleep.

This fight was actually very entertaining, unlike the Hendo one Machida was displaying a huge arsenal of mma knowledge on Davis with the crisp angle cutting and counters, along with the quick reflexes for tdd and flying knees etc I loved it as well as the true martial arts fans, a WWE crossover like you will never understand the beauty of it.

edited August 2013
    Davis
    Ansem said:

Hostility towards non-Brazilian fighter - check (this doesn't help in the cage) - {I'm willing to be it messes with your head knowing everyone in the crowd hates you.}
    Notorious Brazilian judging bias - check (they were American judges appointed by the UFC) - {When the crowd is full on supporting 1 fighter, ie. the brazilian, bias follows regardless of the actual nationality of the judges. }
    ex-champ bias - check (goes against him) - {It would serve DW better to have the ex champ fight the current champ again in a rematch and he is a bigger draw because of of the fact he is a former champ}
    larger fan base bias - check (irrelevant) - {larger fan base equates to more support including money. still kinda irrelevant though.}
    black opponent bias - check (Dana Loves black fighters) - {dana does but do judges? do white people? do brazilians?}

Put the crack pipe down.
    Hostility towards non-Brazilian fighter - check (this doesn't help in the cage) - {I'm willing to be it messes with your head knowing everyone in the crowd hates you.}
    Notorious Brazilian judging bias - check (they were American judges appointed by the UFC) - {When the crowd is full on supporting 1 fighter, ie. the brazilian, bias follows regardless of the actual nationality of the judges. }
    ex-champ bias - check (goes against him) - {It would serve DW better to have the ex champ fight the current champ again in a rematch and he is a bigger draw because of of the fact he is a former champ}
    larger fan base bias - check (irrelevant) - {larger fan base equates to more support including money. still kinda irrelevant though.}
    black opponent bias - check (Dana Loves black fighters) - {dana does but do judges? do white people? do brazilians?}

glad you agreed that he atleast fought safe and it back fired.

I may be smokin crack but it's better than meth...
    Post edited by JonBonesJonesFan on

Ansem said:

This fight was actually very entertaining, unlike the Hendo one Machida was displaying a huge arsenal of mma knowledge on Davis with the crisp angle cutting and counters, along with the quick reflexes for tdd and flying knees etc I loved it as well as the true martial arts fans, a WWE crossover like you will never understand the beauty of it.
    I didn't actually see it but from all the posts I've been reading it wasnt all that great.

Sleepoto Napchida- either puts his opponents to sleep, puts the viewers to sleep, or gets put to sleep (JBJ, Shogun).

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Machida

Ansem said:

glad you agreed that he atleast fought safe and it back fired.

I may be smokin crack but it's better than meth...

Actually Davis fought safe, he did nothing but takedowns.

• amuneraamunera Posts: 1,901Free
    edited August 2013
    Machida
    Machida is a case like GSP, is annoying to see him knowing all the potential he has, but he is scared to risk getting hurt so decides to coast a decision when he could be getting more KOs if he were more aggresive. same with GSP he could be finishing opponents left and right like he did before he got scared of losing.
    Post edited by amunera on
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

Machida
    amunera said:

Machida is a case like GSP, is annoying to see him knowing all the potential he has, but he is scared to risk getting hurt so decides to coast a decision when he could be getting more KOs if he were more aggresive. same with GSP he could be finishing opponents left and right like he did before he got scared of losing.

I agree with you except Machida does display some amazing skills in striking which is entertaining, the only problem is he's chooses very carefully when to execute it which makes it very limited in quantity, I think he needs to simply up the quantity of of his output.

• SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    Davis
    Machida would probably win the rematch, I don't know why he was so cautious, Davis doesn't have the power to KO him or the BJJ to sub him.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
    Machida

Machida would probably win the rematch, I don't know why he was so cautious, Davis doesn't have the power to KO him or the BJJ to sub him.

then why u choose Davis ....

• sdboltzsdboltz Posts: 732Free
    Davis
    napchida should be cut. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!
    edited August 2013
    Ansem said:

amunera said:

I agree with you except Machida does display some amazing skills in striking which is entertaining, the only problem is he's chooses very carefully when to execute it which makes it very limited in quantity, I think he needs to simply up the quantity of of his output.
    Well said.

I think that's my main problem with him, but it seems like every time he fights with the intent on pushing the pace and, for lack of a better word, recklessly he gets demolished by the top guys like in the Shogun 2 and JBJ fights.

Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,956Free

Tbh Machida is starting to get pretty boring. He needs to be more aggressive

Starting to get boring?

Lmao, hes been boring since i can remember. He literally ran from an injured Tito.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    Machida
    after the fight regardless of who won i dont want to see either of them fight for the title
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free
    I'd rather put needles in my eyes than watch that crap fight over again. Honestly, I pretty much try to avoid Machida fights as much as possible.
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,158Free
    Davis
    Peeyoto Macheato would try to run away to a UD AGAIN and lose the decision just like last time. He is past his prime and needs to retire. He also stopped lifting and lost his KO power. Not to mention his chin is suspect and his BJJ is virtually non-existent. Davis would take him down easier than last time and get the decision. What did Machida do when Davis was on top of him? NOTHNG. Machida better retire or he's going to get cut.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free
    Ansem said:

This fight was actually very entertaining, unlike the Hendo one Machida was displaying a huge arsenal of mma knowledge on Davis with the crisp angle cutting and counters, along with the quick reflexes for tdd and flying knees etc I loved it as well as the true martial arts fans, a WWE crossover like you will never understand the beauty of it.</blockquo

hahahaha.....might want to go watch some local martial arts demonstrations if that's what turns your crank...MMA isn't the place for you son.
    Machida
    Za1994 said:

Peeyoto Macheato would try to run away to a UD AGAIN and lose the decision just like last time. He is past his prime and needs to retire. He also stopped lifting and lost his KO power. Not to mention his chin is suspect and his BJJ is virtually non-existent. Davis would take him down easier than last time and get the decision. What did Machida do when Davis was on top of him? NOTHNG. Machida better retire or he's going to get cut.

lol Machida will never get cut dummy, and why have you not removed your sister from your signature yet its kinda disturbing.

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    edited August 2013
    Machida
    I knew once Davis landed those takedowns at the end of the round he'd steal the fight. Machida is definitely the better, more effective fighter but MMA judging doesn't consider stuffed takedowns/successful takedowns which is a HUGE judging flaw. Each round Machida stuffed more takedowns than Davis successfully landed, outclassed Davis on the feet, and controlled where the fight took place effectively.

I don't see how this fight was that hard to score. To answer OP, I don't really care to see this fight again, any intelligent fan knows who won. Even uncle Dana had it 30-27 LyGOATo.
    Post edited by FroZeN on
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,235Free
    Davis
    Davis already exposed this can.....move on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    Machida

Davis already exposed this can.....move on

lol your black **** loving fanboyism is pretty evident in all your posts.

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free
    Let Machida knock him out again if that's what he really wants. I saw Davis' eyes roll back when Machida dropped him
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Machida

Let Machida knock him out again if that's what he really wants. I saw Davis' eyes roll back when Machida dropped him

Yeah I thought they were going to stop the fight there for sure

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    Machida
    machida but playing hardcore
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    for the love of god, please do not put us through the torture of watching this again
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()