Will the UFC still be #1 MMA orginization 20 years from now?

dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free
edited August 2013 in UFC
Not just in the US but world wide. Will the UFC still be p4p king 20 yrs from now?

Will the UFC still be #1 MMA orginization 20 years from now?

This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free
    Yes
    Anything could happen but I sure hope they still will be
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    No
    nope

they are dying slowly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,624Free
    Nope, too many fixed fights. WSoF are coming up with Machida and Burkman as the faces of the company no one will stop them
  • OmahaOutcastOmahaOutcast Posts: 281Free
    NyteRyder said:

No War MMA will be #1

this ^
    Jake Ellenberger > GSP

Robbie Lawler = GOAT

Scott Jorgensen #1 favorite bantamweight
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,726Free
    edited August 2013
    Yes
    So much so that there will only be the UFC, then everything else will be like the minor leauges. It'll be a regular sport by then. MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, UFC.

It's practically that now come to think of it... but more so in 20 years.
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
  • Aldo-is-GoatAldo-is-Goat Posts: 430Free
    Yes
    I really hope so, I don't want it to end up like boxing with 5 or so organisations and champions. It needs to stay where mma has one major league for the best and a bunch of feeder leagues.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

12er caught me 13ing. The Lagstation 3.5 is the Art Jimmerson of consoles. Goatbox one runs this town.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    Yes
    If MMA can really become a major league sport in the future, there will definitely have to be several different organizations. If there is only one, then that will mean it hasn't grown enough. The UFC can still be number one, but there will be other organizations. I think folding Pride hurt MMA.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free
    Yes
    I think it will be one of the only MMA organizations. I think you will start seeing UFC leagues in all different parts of the world, just because there will be so much good competition, and it will culminate and answer questions like we cannot right now. Like, who actually is the best fighter in the world. I have friends in Europe that did not know what the hell I was talking about when I said UFC or MMA five years ago. Now these guys are bigger fans than anyone I know, they go absolutely crazy over it, and travel all over Europe just to watch like a FUEL card at 3 in the morning.
  • Nick Diaz's league will be the #1 League in 15 years
  • Bellator will surpass UFC in 10 years with the help of RamGoat and actually paying their fighters what their worth.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    No
    WAR mma will e the number 1 promotion, either that or Super Fight League
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,624Free

Bellator will surpass UFC in 10 years with the help of RamGoat and actually paying their fighters what their worth.

I'm sure Eddie Alvarez disagrees with you.
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free
    Yes
    You guys are crazy. Bellator will be completely bankrupt because Viacom will dump them so fast, after they pump millions into it. They thought they were getting into another cash cow like the UFC. They used to have more people watch UFC Unleashed than watch the Bellator events. This PPV venture will be the beginning of the end. They won't be able to do Fightmaster unless they keep using the same coaches over and over, and Nick Diaz's promotion will not go anywhere, he doesn't even promote himself in the biggest fight league available. I don't know how anyone can say War will be more than a fart bubble in the bathtub.
    Yes

I think it will be one of the only MMA organizations. I think you will start seeing UFC leagues in all different parts of the world, just because there will be so much good competition, and it will culminate and answer questions like we cannot right now. Like, who actually is the best fighter in the world. I have friends in Europe that did not know what the hell I was talking about when I said UFC or MMA five years ago. Now these guys are bigger fans than anyone I know, they go absolutely crazy over it, and travel all over Europe just to watch like a FUEL card at 3 in the morning.

I hate how all my freinds don't know s*** about the UFC. Only fighters they know is GSP, Silva, & Jones
    Yes

You guys are crazy. Bellator will be completely bankrupt because Viacom will dump them so fast, after they pump millions into it. They thought they were getting into another cash cow like the UFC. They used to have more people watch UFC Unleashed than watch the Bellator events. This PPV venture will be the beginning of the end. They won't be able to do Fightmaster unless they keep using the same coaches over and over, and Nick Diaz's promotion will not go anywhere, he doesn't even promote himself in the biggest fight league available. I don't know how anyone can say War will be more than a fart bubble in the bathtub.

Ever herd of trolling?
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 554Free
    Yes
    I imagine so.. But anything can happen, I mean Pride was the biggest just a few years ago. I really do hope a new "Pride FC" emerges in Japan to give the UFC a run for its money though
  • No
    Haha 20 years is such a long time it's impossible to predict what have become of the UFC let alone MMA.

I think that IF MMA becomes as popular in Europe as in USA, Europe will create their own league and become a major rival to the UFC and maybe Asia and Africa will do the same.

After that it's only a matter of time before the UFC files bankruptcy and the MMA World League starts and makes MMA an legitimet sport and brings it to the olympics.

Dana White retires a rich and happy man because his life mattered. The end.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,067Premium
    Dana will retire and ufc will become complacent then eventually fade without the obsessive push from management..
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

No
    PunchBag said:

Sfl is already bigger than the UFC, they have 1 billion viewers from India alone
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• No

PunchBag said:

Sfl is already bigger than the UFC, they have 1 billion viewers from India alone
    Lol 1 billion people wont help when only 1000 got a working tv..
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,902Free
    No
    yup, and NBA and NFL are all internationall right?
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Mma will be banned globally by 2020.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    Yes
    TUF1_ said:

If MMA can really become a major league sport in the future, there will definitely have to be several different organizations. If there is only one, then that will mean it hasn't grown enough. The UFC can still be number one, but there will be other organizations. I think folding Pride hurt MMA.

couldn't disagree more. All major league sports today have benefited and become more popular from absorbing competing leagues (NFL,NBA) the average fan doesn't want to keep up with 4 different MMA leagues. Would really hurt the popularity imo.
    The other sports did absorb their competition, which expanded their reach. The UFC just got rid of the competition, and didn't expand. Going to Japan once a year is a lot smaller then Pride was in Japan, so the effect of that was actually shrinking MMA's reach.
    edited August 2013
    Yes
    TUF1_ said:

amunera said:

yup, and NBA and NFL are all internationall right?

That's not the point. Many countries have their own professional basketball league but the vast majority the best talent is in the NBA. Obviously their are several MMA leagues around the world whose popularity in their respective country when compared to the UFC you could compare that to basketball in the states to that of basketball leagues in other countries.

The discussion is would the sport be better off with several MMA leagues with equal popularity and the answer is NO.
    I think that MMA could have matched the biggest boxing fights if they had Fedor-Brock or Chuck-Wandy. Those would have been bigger then anything MMA has ever seen before, so I think different major organizations can be a good thing. It's also much better for the fighters.

Edit: I'm talking about when these fighters were in their primes, UFC vs Pride.
    Post edited by classicboxer on
    Yes
    Long as Nick "the tooth" takes over, UFC will be good
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    I think I would like it better if another league becomes as big as the UFC, so that there can be some healthy competition between the two.

I feel like I'm going to get killed for this but..

It could be like the old days of wrestling where WCW and WWF battled eachother for supremacy and occasionally the best guys from each organization could fight eachother.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    Yes
    That's like asking if the NFL will be the biggest football league in 20 years from now....

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
    No
    if viacom decide to put their weight behind mma and really push it, they will surpass the ufc
    No
    jduk said:

if viacom decide to put their weight behind mma and really push it, they will surpass the ufc

This

Viacom is the p4p GOAT