Lightheavyweight Div still the most feared divison

RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
More top fighters have ducked the 205 weight class than any other weight class and in fights between top fighters in different weight classes the LHW div has destroyed the competition. The LHW has the highest payed fighters on average so how come top fighters in those weaker divison don't try to prove themselves instead of having LHW builds and hiding at 170 and 185
Tagged:

Comments

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Traditionally the higher weight classes make more money,does not mean they are better fighters.Tito made more money than most and he was a can.
    Couture was a low skilled fighter and was on again off again type fighter.
    Even in boxing the HW's seem to be the show,in japan they said the fans were always in awe at the huge guys like Bobb Sapp.
    IMO the LHW division is one of the weakest if not the weakest.The ONLY reason they try to skip on the division is ONE reason >>Jon Jones.
    Every other champion is quite beatable,Jones is not he has no glaring weakness.If there was no Jon Jones they would all be running to that division.Also remember Cormier wants a shot at 205,so he is not running,heck is a small HW if you ask me.

A.Silva has moved up twice to face 205 guys,Foresst and Bonnar and Franklin i believe was at 205 at one time.Fact is they NEVER want to face Jones.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free

More top fighters have ducked the 205 weight class than any other weight class and in fights between top fighters in different weight classes the LHW div has destroyed the competition. The LHW has the highest payed fighters on average so how come top fighters in those weaker divison don't try to prove themselves instead of having LHW builds and hiding at 170 and 185

Ask GSP

He's ducked LHW for years
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    edited August 2013
    Ever since Jones enslaved the LHW division it has become stale.
    Post edited by FroZeN on
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    RamGOAT is the reason that the LHW division is viewed so highly today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    In 2014 Weidman will move up to 205 and destroy jones for the belt. Mark my words.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • zaksame said:

Traditionally the higher weight classes make more money,does not mean they are better fighters.Tito made more money than most and he was a can.
    Couture was a low skilled fighter and was on again off again type fighter.
    Even in boxing the HW's seem to be the show,in japan they said the fans were always in awe at the huge guys like Bobb Sapp.
    IMO the LHW division is one of the weakest if not the weakest.The ONLY reason they try to skip on the division is ONE reason >>Jon Jones.
    Every other champion is quite beatable,Jones is not he has no glaring weakness.If there was no Jon Jones they would all be running to that division.Also remember Cormier wants a shot at 205,so he is not running,heck is a small HW if you ask me.

A.Silva has moved up twice to face 205 guys,Foresst and Bonnar and Franklin i believe was at 205 at one time.Fact is they NEVER want to face Jones.

LHW doesn't have as many fighters as welterweight and Lightweight but it is very top heavy and their top 10 beats pretty much all other div top 10 skill wise the top 5 undoubtedly. Phil Davis destroyed both Boetsch and Stann with ease and they both went ot middleweight and easily became top ten. Chael used to be a LHW but he got destroyed there and went down to middleweight and became a star. Demian was top middleweight but dropped down to 170 and is just walking through the top 10 down there like their cans and even Robbie Lawler couldn't even beat Babalu but destroyed Koscheck who was top 3 for half a decade. LHW has the stats MW and 170 doesn't. Don't forget LW Pat Healy and TJ Grant were cans at WW but they dropped to LW and embarrassed some of the top 5 lightweights that have been there for several years. TJ Grant be Maynard who's one of the most overrated fighters in UFC history with ease.

• Mark Munoz got dogged by Matt Hamill and has been a top middleweight ever since and if you look at MW it's just 205 reject div besides a few names.
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    fw, lw, and ww, and even mw are all deeper
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,626Free
    LHW isn't feared, it's that fighters tend to move DOWN weightclasses and Heavyweights are bigger and often can't cut to 205.
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 808Free
    What the fight are you guys talking about. Light heavyweight isn't even close to as stacked or feared as WW, LW, or FW, even now HW with it's growing class. GTFO with this stupid lie. Middleweight is the worst division, and LHW is coming up close. Not to say good fighters aren't there, but theres barely any.
  • FW div is one of the least staked in my opinion Cub Swansons great, Lamas is good, we all know Aldo is good, Guida is becoming a can, Dustin Porier is a choke artist good any many skills far from great in any, Korean Zombie is a fan friendly can who shows up on occasion to be a legit fighter. The rest of the division is by far flatter than any other div besides the woman div
  • WW let a a bum like Jake Ellenberger swing wild ugly punches his way alway up to top 5 of their div as well as Johnny Hendricks. Johnny Hendricks is better than Ellenberger in my opinion except for footwork, overall speed,and kick wise. WW is stacked with a lot of young talent but top ten to top ten LHW murders that clown Div known as the welterweight div.
  • LW has a lot of people but a lot of fighters in the Div seem to be copies of each other. Melvin Guillard is talented fighter he chokes all the time and still has bad sub defense and a soft chin, Gray Maynard had ugly striking and can't even use his wrestling like he used to, Pat Healy is a good grappler with suspect striking, TJ Grant is a welterweight reject, and the only people that matter at the div right now are Pettis,Melendez,and Henderson and somewhat TJ Grant.
  • I forgot Welterweight does have another beast in Erick Silva and LW does have Barboza but he needs to work in other areas before he becomes even a legitimate threat.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    FW and LW are easily the most stacked divisions

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• FW and LW are easily the most stacked divisions

FW barely has anyone and it's LW and WW who have the most people in their Div

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    FW has a so many skilled fighters its ridiculous

LHW is mostly washed up fighters from 2010 with a few new guys

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

FW is overrated

LW is where it is at
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Aldo-is-GoatAldo-is-Goat Posts: 430Free

FW is overrated

LW is where it is at

and it's only going to get more stacked when the goat moves up

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

12er caught me 13ing. The Lagstation 3.5 is the Art Jimmerson of consoles. Goatbox one runs this town.

FW is overrated

LW is where it is at

and it's only going to get more stacked when the goat moves up

Daniel Craig is staying at FW for now

• People are only on the FW bandwagon because it's such a new div. They fail to realize that's the biggest can div in mma they let one dimensional Mark Homminick get a title shot, A can like George Roop beat several fighters in their div including Korean Zombie who have been top ten for a couple years or were top ten for a couple years. They have some good fighters like 4 of them but the rest are just trash. I like Cub,Aldo, Mendez, and Edgar and I think Ricardo Lamas is good but he would get outclassed by those four including Cub if they had a rematch.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,004Free

I agree. I put FW as the most competitive division followed by the LW division.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

edited August 2013

FW barely has anyone and it's LW and WW who have the most people in their Div

Lamas, Korean Zombie, Hioki, Edgar, Mendes, Koch, Poirier, Swanson, Oliviera, etc. The division is stacked.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited August 2013
    MW and LHW do have the highest weight difference at 20lbs as opposed to the 10-15lbs. Probably why less MW's up. Not to mention the middle HW's who come down from HW
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
    Keem said:

MW and LHW do have the highest weight difference at 20lbs as opposed to the 10-15lbs. Probably why less MW's up. Not to mention the middle HW's who come down from HW

That's why it would probably be a good idea to add a cruiserweight division instead of focusing on a strawweight division.

"Believe in the beard"

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 826Free
    LHW would be way more exciting and balanced without Jones, just saying ...

I personally dont see ANYONE beating Jones at LHW today. Maybe Glover will impose some trouble on the feet but I think Jones still beats Glover by UD.

Jones would destroy Machida and Shogun in a rematch, would kill Davis, will destroy Gus, would have an easy pay check againt Evans ... whoelse out there ?!
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 808Free
    Relentless Rampage is just an emotionally irrational moron, who doesn't know fighting. Every division, excluding MW and FW are better by so many miles then LHW... Ban this thread admins
  • RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
    edited August 2013
    Beans Legend is a clown who believes pro wrestling is real and watches fights while intoxicated lets ban this clown before he plagues this forum with his stupidity
    Post edited by RelentlessRampage on
  • Relentless Rampage is just an emotionally irrational moron, who doesn't know fighting. Every division, excluding MW and FW are better by so many miles then LHW... Ban this thread admins

MW has actual legit contenders were as WW has a bunch of prentenders. FW just has Cub, Lamas, Edgar, and Aldo. HW is top heavy like LHW and lightweight just overfilled with even talent and only 3 who truly stand out.

• AcedaddyAcedaddy Posts: 561Free

In 2014 Weidman will move up to 205 and destroy jones for the belt. Mark my words.

LMAO........yeah right! First, Jones wouldn't screw around & get caught with his hands down. Second, Jones would completely & totally own Weidman in wrestling just as he has every other elite wrestler that he threw around like a ragdoll.
    Even the best have their time to fall.