MightyMouse could potentially be the P4P goat in 3 years

RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
MightyMouse has all the skills and is constantly improving at a rapid pace and was actually beating Cruz in the stand up when they fought but got outwrestled. I think MightyMouse has already worked out on that flaw and only needs a years time to be a threat to Barao and Cruz because both Cruz and Barao's main advantage over their opponents is speed and Johnson has ten times more and more technical than Barao but weaker. MightyMouse is almost as technical as Cruz but way faster and Cruz is not a finisher so Mighty Mouse can use his speed to override Cruz's skill and have improved wrestling so he can outstrike Cruz and even possibly out grapple him.
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    nah those guys are all close when it comes to skill level eventually he will lose, same with benson
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    He needs to start training with EdGOD and develop some punching power
  • Edgar has slightly more punching power than MightyMouse which is still not a lot.
    ^^ then it would be 2 guys with no power training together?
    "Believe in the beard"

• Edgar didn't really impress with his win over Olivera considering Olivera got finished with one punch by Swanson in his prior fight and Edgar struggled with Olivera, got rocked like twice by him, got into 3 tight submissions even though he got out of them they were still tight and were scoring IMO.
    Frankie is a power puncher with a style MM could adapt to. He needs to make the move if he wants to be remembered as highly as EdGOD. IF he doesn't he'll ever get passed his losses to Uncle GOATpage
    edgar isnt even a champ
    "Believe in the beard"

• Frankie Edgar style is overrated and been exposed twice at FW already his footwork is nice and his skill sets are nice but his whole battle pattern follows the same exact pattern and he hesitates a little when he comes in with his strikes and he's square when he comes in all you have to do is just stick a jab down his lane or a straight. He moves side to side the same way every time and you just time legs to throw off his pattern and then tear up with strikes. Edgar wrestling prevents a problem but as long you don't get thrown off by his routine footwork you can keep your distance block his takedowns if you have decent and up TDD and make him pay with knees or punches.
    edited August 2013
    PunchBag said:

edgar isnt even a champ

He would be a multi-division champion right now. He beat Benson and Aldo but the UFC are trying to push newer talent to be stars on Frankie's level (See Davis vs Machida) so they kept the belt. Frankie is a company man so he's willing to help put new guys over.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • Mighty Mouse footwork pattern isn't as nice but it isn't routine like Edgar cuz MM actually changes his footwork for each opponent. MM is evolving at a faster rate were as Edgar is kind of beginning to plateau but still see smidgets of improvement.
  • PunchBag said:

edgar isnt even a champ

He would be a multi-division champion right now. He beat Benson and Aldo but the UFC are trying to push newer talent to be stars on Frankie's level (See Davis vs Machida) so they kept the belt. Frankie is a company man so he's willing to help put new guys over.
    He clearly lost to Aldo I was biased when I first watched it because I wanted Edgar to win but when I rewatched it several times Edgar had like 2rds and several key moments but for the most part Aldo stayed patient use just enough footwork to cancel all of Edgars movements and fire strikes right into Edgars face everytime he tried to rush in and he had like a 80% success rate when Edgar was coming in.

i thought edgar was robbed against benson in their second fight but he clearly lost against aldo.

melendez was robbad agaisnt benson also
    "Believe in the beard"

• PunchBag said:

i thought edgar was robbed against benson in their second fight but he clearly lost against aldo.

melendez was robbad agaisnt benson also

I think Edgar was robbed in the second Benson fight but not the first because in the first even though he won more parts of the fight he still let Benson finish on top at the end of every round even the last and also Benson landed the more significant strikes. I think the fight with Melendez was close but Melendez landed some nice shots but most of them didn't really land and the rounds were close and again Melendez let Benson end two of those close rounds on top and Benson clearly won Rd 1 in my opinion and in final round neither showed enough initiative and you got to beat the champ to be the champ and Melendez never did anything to significant but he did have great grapple control at some points and was the aggressor most of the fight. The key question is did Melendez do what he should of with the aggressor role and the answer is yes but only for like 1 and a half rounds.
  • I would compare the Melendez fight to Mayweather vs De la hoya because if you didn't know any better you would think De La Hoya won but even the fight was close but Mayweather landed the more efficient strikes even though De La Hoya was the aggressor for 75% of that fight.
  • WhipsnapWhipsnap Posts: 166Free
    He wont be in the P4P list once he gets knocked out by Lineker or Benavidez.
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    Whipsnap said:

He wont be in the P4P list once he gets knocked out by Lineker or Benavidez.

Lineker missed weight badly for the second time, he isn't getting a title shot anytime soon.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,402Free
    He already is
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    This is all going to unravel quickly once Joe B knocks him out.

GOATseph P4Pdez Flyweight Champ BLEE DAT.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    FleeJ sucks.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    "Frankie is a power puncher"

=)) =)) =))

LoL thanks YH, I needed a good laugh
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    Does the PP in P4P stand for puniest **** now or something? No midget should be in P4P discussions period

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

PATSTER said:

Mighty Mouse is a great kid, i wonder if he already knows what he's gonna be when he grow up

Someone is insecure!
    That took a lot of courage for you to admit Patsie...perhaps when you grow up, you will develop more confidence.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

PATSTER said:

^ Whatever you say, midget.

Trying to put me down will not help you with your insecurities. You have to become comfortable with yourself, learn to love yourself, even if you are the brunt of the worlds jokes. Somewhere out there is a person(Carnage) who will love a little annoying snot nosed kid like yourself.

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,503Free

MightyMouse has all the skills and is constantly improving at a rapid pace and was actually beating Cruz in the stand up when they fought but got outwrestled. I think MightyMouse has already worked out on that flaw and only needs a years time to be a threat to Barao and Cruz because both Cruz and Barao's main advantage over their opponents is speed and Johnson has ten times more and more technical than Barao but weaker. MightyMouse is almost as technical as Cruz but way faster and Cruz is not a finisher so Mighty Mouse can use his speed to override Cruz's skill and have improved wrestling so he can outstrike Cruz and even possibly out grapple him.

He's good but I don't see him beating Cruz if he comes back 100% of his old self nor Bareo

DJ has crazy speed but to me Cruz matched him and is the better striker...neither Cruz or DJ have a speed advantage over each other...it's a str8 even match there

This to me is justified by how well Cruz was able to catch DJ...if DJ was so much faster then Cruz would not have hit him as much

But I agree DJ maybe champ for a long time...he's as much the total package as one can get in this era I think and if he stays with his GOAT level coach Matt Hume he will keep up his winning ways

Matt is Top 3 coach for sure and I think he's even better then GJ...you give Matt Hume the same roster as GJ has to work with then I see the same if not better results for his fighters

That's just how I feel
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    WarWest said:

=)) =)) =))

He KTFO of Maynard and Bocek

He's legit
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,503Free
    Keem said:

WarWest said:

=)) =)) =))

He KTFO of Maynard and Bocek

He's legit
    While Koing Maynard may not be that hard it seems Edgar is deff not a power puncher

I'm not saying Frankie does not have power...don't get me wrong...Frankie has just as much if not better power then most LWs do

But being labeled as a power puncher has to do with your style...flat footed who throws a lot of inside power shots like uppers,hooks,body blows,rolling counter to get inside and deliver a blow (rampage,carwin)

Frankie is in now way that...again he has power and he uses it well...but his style would not label him as a power puncher...which is ok...I think it's not that good to be one anyways...outside of a fight ingot utter control of its vastly Inferior other styles

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,492Free
    Louis GOATinot is coming for that belt!
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• Louis Gaudinot was getting murdered on the feets by Lineker till he caught Lineker in a lucky Guillitoine
  • BruteDion said:

He's good but I don't see him beating Cruz if he comes back 100% of his old self nor Bareo

DJ has crazy speed but to me Cruz matched him and is the better striker...neither Cruz or DJ have a speed advantage over each other...it's a str8 even match there

This to me is justified by how well Cruz was able to catch DJ...if DJ was so much faster then Cruz would not have hit him as much

But I agree DJ maybe champ for a long time...he's as much the total package as one can get in this era I think and if he stays with his GOAT level coach Matt Hume he will keep up his winning ways

Matt is Top 3 coach for sure and I think he's even better then GJ...you give Matt Hume the same roster as GJ has to work with then I see the same if not better results for his fighters

That's just how I feel
    Rewatch the fight he made Dominick Cruz use his grappling to get the Dec the fight was on the ground not on the feet. Within the first secs of the fight mighty mouse landed like 10 punches pushed cruz back and just missed a headkick and then Cruz started wrestling.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free
    I don't see Mighty Mouse losing at flyweight. He could very well go down as the flyweight GOAT.

If he moves up to BW, then things get interesting again with Barao, Cruz, and even Faber.

But he's kicking **** at Flyweight right now.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread