Ted's Take: Sonnen vs. Shogun fight prediction

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Thankyou Teddy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Chael doesn't have the same punching power as Hendo to hurt Shogun; the main reason why Hendo got it to the ground most of the time. Also Shogun dominated the positions in the championship rounds against Hendo

If Chael's wrestling gets stiffled he absoultely loses this fight; on the feet and in submission grappling. Not to mention Chael's track record with LHW fights. Which goes from submission losses to Horn, Babalu, Prangley and Griffin. Most recently the domination by Jones. Chael is not meant for LHW
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    TedGoat

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    I can't **** pick a winner for this fight, I have no idea.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

If you have to put money down, go with Shogun

Tryna tell folk lol
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"

Keem said:

If you have to put money down, go with Shogun

Tryna tell folk lol
    Wrong

Never bet against a wrestler, this is MMA, the wrestler always has the advantage
    I have a strong feeling this fight won't even make it to decision

Megumi Fuji

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,022Free
    Chael wins. Shogun is the worst fighter in the UFC right now. He spams hooks and gasses in three minutes.

Chael wins. Shogun is the worst fighter in the UFC right now. He spams hooks and gasses in three minutes.

Shogun is not the worst fighter in the UFC lol

I'm not even the biggest fan

Megumi Fuji

• najmanajma Posts: 2,057Free
    Rounds: 1, 2, 3
    Sonnen takes Rua down at will, bloodies his face up. Scores a 10-8 round. Gets rocked a couple of times, but doesn't show signs of losing control.

Rounds: 4, 5
    Rua totally gassed, Sonnen keeps winning the short standup periods, dominates in the octagon. Wins an easy decision.
    edited August 2013
    Shogun is just gonna be on an other level than Sonnen imho. Shogun is far more accomplished and versitle

Chael gets overrated too much after ALMOST winning the MW title. He's really a one trick pony with a lackluster track record in the UFC LHW division and against Brazillians. If Shogun comes out and puts Chael on bottom then Chael would be toast. That's all Shogun really has to prep for
    Post edited by Keem on

Megumi Fuji

In what aspect of fighting is Shogun better than Anderson Silva, Keem? I just don't see it.
    najma said:

In what aspect of fighting is Shogun better than Anderson Silva, Keem? I just don't see it.

I was comparing Shogun and Sonnen

Megumi Fuji

edited August 2013
    My question stands. And if you can't answer it, then my prediction is valid and accurate.
    Post edited by najma on
  • KOL_1991KOL_1991 Posts: 89Free
    I think as usual this all depends on the shape of shogun. I think he was in terrible shape against gustafsson and still put up a decent fight against one of the best lhw's. I know he's back training with cordiero which could make a massive difference.

Shogun comes out of shape - Sonnen UD all day.

Shogun comes in shape - I don't see sonnen being able to hold him down for 5 whole rounds, no one has before, he's great at going for submissions, sweeps, and generally manages to get back up to the feet. I think in 25 mins he will almost certainly land something damaging on sonnen who he'll finish by tko.
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 933Free

MOD PLEASE HELP ME TED IS GOING TO KILL ME :(
    photo Harassment.png

that's it. i'm calling the cops right now.
    Thanks a lot Spart, I don't know why mods let things like this go on. I'm constantly threatened and abused and the mods just let it fly. At least they finally banned cromwell though.

• skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,955Free
    Shogun cannot keep the pace Chael Sonnen pushes. He can still get a KO, but if he doesn't land that haymaker Shogun is going to get outworked.

MOD PLEASE HELP ME TED IS GOING TO KILL ME :(
    photo Harassment.png

Teddy doesn't play games
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    I want Shogun to **** brutally knock Chael out.

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    Stop spamming your gay **** videos you **** piece of retarded ****
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 933Free
    MilesGun said:

lol gotten to.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,445Free
    TedCzech said:

War Ted.

If it goes to a decision, I see Sonnen getting the nod because of his cardio and he will just probably outwrestle Shogun.

If anyone finishes, it will be Shogun and I think he will have to do it within the early rounds.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    How much money do you make off this ish Ted?

5$ a week?

or is that being generous?

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free

MilesGun said:

lol gotten to.
    someone needs to replace munkie when he's not here
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I believe this way the guy who gave Weidman no chance but he probably gets this one right.
    I do not see Rua stopping the take down.
    There is not a whole lot of wrestling at this weight class,so not really sure how good Rua will be at getting back up,if he can't then probably a boring one sided fight.He does have one advantage and that is Sonnen fights a lot like GSP in that his only wrestling is really just TD's and given Sonnen has crap striking,he only needs to focus and train to block TD's or to get back up from one.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    LoL Ted is jailed for threatening to kill another forum member.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    edited August 2013

How much money do you make off this ish Ted?

5$ a week?

or is that being generous?

Thankyou Teddy

what happened to rampages tattoo

Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,445Free
    PoloRidah said:

LoL Ted is jailed for threatening to kill another forum member.

lol

War Teddy!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread