Shogun vs Sonnen Eternal Sigbet

AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
I got Shogun. Any takers? I'd prefer a hardcore Sonnen fan so that it hurts more when he loses.
Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME

Comments

• AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    Lol Frankie and Velasquez are two American fighters I root for. Don't forget that I rooted for Weidman.

Shogun is just a beast, and he always puts 100% into everything he does in the cage. One could argue that the reason he gasses is because of the pace he always put on.

Anyway, I just think he's a terrible matchup for Sonnen, and I'm reasonably sure that Saturday will end with Sonnen being handed his first knockout loss.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    I wish I had as much confidence in Shogun as some fans do for this fight.

Respect.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free

Respect.

Wtf Wandy!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,618Free
    edited August 2013

Respect.

How much confidence do you need bro? Shogun Pride Legend, UFC Former Champ da first and last one who knocked out Machida, Freddy Roach said Shogun used to hit like a girl and now he punches like a Beast, that's a scary thought... WAR SHOGUUUUUUUUUN
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Respect.

Wtf Wandy!

Respect.

How much confident do you need bro? Shogun Pride Legend, UFC Former Champ da first and last one who knocked out Machida, Freddy Roach said Shogun used to hit like a girl and now he punches like a Beast, that's a scary thought... WAR SHOGUUUUUUUUUN
    Shogun is my all-time favorite fighter. I'll aways have faith that he can win.

That said, I also know recognize terrible stylistic matchups. Unfortunately this fight could very likely end up being five power doubles followed by Sonnen throwing just enough kitten-fisted punches to prevent a standup.

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,060Free

Respect.

Wtf Wandy!

Respect.

How much confident do you need bro? Shogun Pride Legend, UFC Former Champ da first and last one who knocked out Machida, Freddy Roach said Shogun used to hit like a girl and now he punches like a Beast, that's a scary thought... WAR SHOGUUUUUUUUUN

That said, I also know recognize terrible stylistic matchups. Unfortunately this fight could very likely end up being five power doubles followed by Sonnen throwing just enough kitten-fisted punches to prevent a standup.

Going to be hilarious to see all the butt hurt and wagon jumpers if that happens.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    12er said:

Respect.

Wtf Wandy!

Respect.

Going to be hilarious to see all the butt hurt and wagon jumpers if that happens.
    Make no mistake, I'll still be butthurt for months if it plays out that way! Even if I see it coming, it will sting like a **** to see a warrior like Shogun lose a wrestling match in an MMA cage.

12er said:

Respect.

Wtf Wandy!

Respect.

Make no mistake, I'll still be butthurt for months if it plays out that way! Even if I see it coming, it will sting like a **** to see a warrior like Shogun lose a wrestling match in an MMA cage.
    lol I'm in an advantageous position. I don't really care if sonnen loses. However if he wins, I get to watch the **** show and needle people for weeks about it.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    I will be severely butthurt if Shogun loses. Good thing that's not going to happen.
    No takers?
    Ameriman said:

No takers?

No one cares enough about this fight for a perma bet.

GOATer

Sig bets are for cans. Poop eating bets are for real Men.

I look forward to watching you defend the crown.

GOATer
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    12er said:

Sig bets are for cans. Poop eating bets are for real Men.

I look forward to watching you defend the crown.
    It will be done soon , very soon.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    I will be severely butthurt if Shogun loses. Good thing that's not going to happen.
    12er said:

Ameriman said:

No takers?

No one cares enough about this fight for a perma bet.
    You don't have to care very much about something to be certain. Quite a lot of people seem certain Shogun has no chance. Why not take the bet?
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    I'm not gonna even read the whole thing. I've got sonnen if nobody does already. 503/971. Shut up, chael.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • pedropaespedropaes Posts: 91Ultimate
    Sonnen has powerful double legs, and prob he will take Shogun down.
    But we gotta agree that Shogun is a hard dude to keep on the ground.
    He has amazing sweeps, and is very skilful to get back on his feet.
    He did a better camp, hopefully he will fight with better cardio and overall condition.
    If this happens, I definitely expect a great fight and a huge TKO by Rua.
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    Yah its mine. Ur on.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free

Yah its mine. Ur on.

still butthurt that Machida got smashed by ShoGOD twice
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    Eternal bet is stupid.
    That should only happen if you predict who wins, what round & SUB, KO or TKO.
    If you predict who wins, without the specifics, it's only a limited sig bet.
    Max 6 months.

Side note: Chael has became one of my top 10 favorite fighters, but I want shogun to win because everyone thinks he will get taken down, constantly, & gas. Pretty much saying it won't be a close match. Never really been a hardcore shogun fan but I do love his will to keep fighting. But he should really train with some Dutch kickboxers & get just a bit more muscle. He looks like he's never done bench press or push-ups.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -

Eternal bet is stupid.
    Max 6 months.

Side note: Chael has became one of my top 10 favorite fighters, but I want shogun to win because everyone thinks he will get taken down, constantly, & gas. Pretty much saying it won't be a close match. Never really been a hardcore shogun fan but I do love his will to keep fighting. But he should really train with some Dutch kickboxers & get just a bit more muscle. He looks like he's never done bench press or push-ups.

Nobody cares what you think.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free

Calls himself Ameriman, never roots for American fighters

Brasil is in South AMERICA, it's a South AMERICAN country. Just so you know...

najma said:

Calls himself Ameriman, never roots for American fighters

Brasil is in South AMERICA, it's a South AMERICAN country. Just so you know...

Omg... Stfu
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    Ameriman said:

Lol Frankie and Velasquez are two American fighters I root for. Don't forget that I rooted for Weidman.

Shogun is just a beast, and he always puts 100% into everything he does in the cage. One could argue that the reason he gasses is because of the pace he always put on.

Anyway, I just think he's a terrible matchup for Sonnen, and I'm reasonably sure that Saturday will end with Sonnen being handed his first knockout loss.

Can you explain to me how this is a terrible match up for one of the best wrestlers in the game? He's fighting a guy with paper knees and bad cardio.

I want Shogun to win too, but let's be real here.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    Ameriman said:

Eternal bet is stupid.
    Max 6 months.

Nobody cares what you think.
    I don't care what you think so the feeling is mutual, h***
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    edited August 2013
    Unfair sig bet. ShoGOD doesn't lose.
    Post edited by rodrodMMA92 on

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• TheSinisterUrgeTheSinisterUrge Posts: 924Free

Unfair sig bet. ShoGOD doesn't lose.

Shogun doesn't always lose, but when he does, he taps to strikes.

Ameriman said:

Can you explain to me how this is a terrible match up for one of the best wrestlers in the game? He's fighting a guy with paper knees and bad cardio.

Shogun is used to fighting much bigger guys than Sonnen, so Chael's power isn't going to surprise him. Chael may be a great wrestler, but he has no idea how to deal with guys with good bjj. Shoguns has tremendous sweeps, and he stays busy on the bottom. He's not going to make it easy for Sonnen. Sonnen also likes to set takedowns up with blitzes, and there's no one that knows how to capitalize on that better than Shogun.

Of course I can imagine Sonnen taking a UD, but it's hard to imagine Shogun being unable to find an opening for either a submission or a knockout in a five round fight. Even if he nearly kills himself doing so.

Frankly, I see Shogun looking exceptional in this fight. I see it ending in the first couple of rounds.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    Ameriman said:

Ameriman said:

Shogun is used to fighting much bigger guys than Sonnen, so Chael's power isn't going to surprise him. Chael may be a great wrestler, but he has no idea how to deal with guys with good bjj. Shoguns has tremendous sweeps, and he stays busy on the bottom. He's not going to make it easy for Sonnen. Sonnen also likes to set takedowns up with blitzes, and there's no one that knows how to capitalize on that better than Shogun.

Of course I can imagine Sonnen taking a UD, but it's hard to imagine Shogun being unable to find an opening for either a submission or a knockout in a five round fight. Even if he nearly kills himself doing so.

Frankly, I see Shogun looking exceptional in this fight. I see it ending in the first couple of rounds.
    While I hope you are right for entertainment purposes, I'm leaning towards Sonnen being able to control Shogun, and getting it to the mat shouldn't be a problem.

While Shogun may be able to deal with striking blitzes, I don't think he can handle Sonnens power double because, well, its powerful and he sets them up beautifully.

Mentioning Shogun has 5 rounds to look for a sub is worthless to me since he's gassed quite quickly in his last few outings. He's got to get a finish quickly because with each subsequent tick of the clock, Shoguns chances of winning diminish with his disconcerting cardio.

Theres nothing wrong with being optimistic about Shogun looking "exceptional" but the more likely scenario to me is we see the same old Shogun, a Shogun that can end the fight with one well placed shot, but has obvious conditioning issues that most likely stem from his ruined knees.

You know what ill take that eternal bet, as long as it's not a completely retarded rauncy sig.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU