LOL, K1 doesn't mean anything

bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
Can't believe how dull Reem's standup actually is.
Tagged:

Comments

• TinychatBtarrdzTinychatBtarrdz Posts: 451Free
    Hunt would split Mr. Roid in half.
    text
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Alistair didn't lose because of wrestling. He gassed himself out fighting against the cage and then plodded forward like he doesn't know he has a glass chin, only to get KTFO.

If he was truly a kickboxing prodigy, he would have kept his distance and picked him apart cleanly, instead of initiating grappling tactics.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,069Premium
    Not when you gas in a minute, did you see overeem dominate that fight until he turned into a lumpy punching bag?
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

Not when you gas in a minute, did you see overeem dominate that fight until he turned into a lumpy punching bag?

Five illegal knees will help do that
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,167Free
    Sigh. Reem's road to the championship was very weak. K1 shouldn't be mentioned in this.

And I'm not even pointing out the difference between a Kickboxing match and a MMA match.
    Mangasm said:

travis was playing the game. he only went to the ground to stop getting hit. The ref knew what he was doing.
    ^ I agree.

Mangasm said:

travis was playing the game. he only went to the ground to stop getting hit. The ref knew what he was doing.
    Someone's a little salty that their boy couldn't finish even with a barrage of illegal knees
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free

Mangasm said:

Rules are rules. The ref didn't know what he was doing if he is knowingly letting a fighter break the rules.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,802Moderator, Ultimate
    Hellequin said:

Sigh. Reem's road to the championship was very weak. K1 shouldn't be mentioned in this.

And I'm not even pointing out the difference between a Kickboxing match and a MMA match.

Not to mention his k1 run wasnt exactly the best.

He wouldn't even be in the top 10 ever
    imageimage
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Thing is, if Reem was smarter and kneed him in the rib cage when he was down instead of trying to knock him out, he could have finished that fight and had us in his palm. When your opponent is covering up, ALWAYS attack the body. Or, at least, pick your shots if you're trying to go for the head. Hate it when dudes gas themselves out by hitting arms and gloves.
    Mangasm said:

Mangasm said:

Someone's a little salty that their boy couldn't finish even with a barrage of illegal knees
    lolwut! I loved it that reem got ko'd yet again. But to say K1 doesn't mean anything is dumb.
    ^ I agree.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Mangasm said:

Mangasm said:

This

Enigma is a known Reem nutthugger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,414Free
    He has terrible cardio and a weak chin he's always been a bit overrated imo
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    It's obvious Reem is just a shell of the fighter who beat Badr Hari and also Brock Lesnar. He's not in his steroids condition anymore.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • K-1 is meaningless and the kickboxing stance is open to every type of strike on the planet that's why every last one of their champs have been knocked out by wild strikes on several occasions
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,776Ultimate
    Mangasm said:

to be fair there was one, 2 max. illegal knees and they were pretty well blocked
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,062Free

This is what i have been saying for years.
    Reems 'turtle and counter' style is HORRIBLE for MMA.
    With those smaller gloves he is vulnerable to a variety of strikes.

Guys, are you blind or retarded?

Seriously, how more plain should it have been for you to notice Overeem was gassed, which was the reason for his loss as he was winning the standup easily until then?

najma said:

Seriously, how more plain should it have been for you to notice Overeem was gassed, which was the reason for his loss as he was winning the standup easily until then?

It doesn't really show much skill to blow your gas tank in two minutes..
    It REALLY doesn't show skill to let yourself get hit by a kick you've already seen about a dozen times
    And it is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of skill to aim for the ONE area your opponent is guarding, when you just hurt him by hitting his unguarded area

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    bluesy said:

Thing is, if Reem was smarter and kneed him in the rib cage when he was down instead of trying to knock him out, he could have finished that fight and had us in his palm. When your opponent is covering up, ALWAYS attack the body. Or, at least, pick your shots if you're trying to go for the head. Hate it when dudes gas themselves out by hitting arms and gloves.

my exact same thoughts...Overeem doesn't know how to finish fights, K1 champion tries to clinch and gas himself out, everyone who could take him in the deep waters could finish this guy
  • Wolf1989Wolf1989 Posts: 326Free
    He hurt Browne and got over confident AGAIN and got put away even someone whose gassed can use angles to avoid being crane kicked if he fought and trained to full potential and didn't pull the cocky **** he could go really far
    just my 2 cents
    JDS, Fedor, DC, Overeem, Swanson, Ferreira, E.Silva, Weidman, Sonnen, W.Silva, Belfort, J.Miller, Rothwell, Mitrione, Poirier, Barao, Gustafsson, Shogun, Munoz , Boetch, Maia, Jacare, Condit, Kampmann,Hendricks, Teixeria, Grant, Bendo, Cerrone, Pettis, Penn, Sanchez
  • Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 114Free
    Mangasm said:

najma said:

It doesn't really show much skill to blow your gas tank in two minutes..
    It REALLY doesn't show skill to let yourself get hit by a kick you've already seen about a dozen times
    And it is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of skill to aim for the ONE area your opponent is guarding, when you just hurt him by hitting his unguarded area
    /thread
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,802Moderator, Ultimate

K-1 is meaningless and the kickboxing stance is open to every type of strike on the planet that's why every last one of their champs have been knocked out by wild strikes on several occasions

Examples? Because Schilt was the most recent champ and his only ko loss was from Badr who went ape crap on him. Schilt returned the favor I the gp.

Saki's recent stoppages have all been from injuries he incurred but kept on fighting

Petroysan hasnt been stopped at all
    imageimage
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited August 2013
    The knees that landed while Travis was down weren't as big a deal to me as the ones that landed south of the border

P.s. How many times can you get jailed until mods finally decide to ban you? Lol
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,764Free
    Keem said:

The knees that landed while Travis was down weren't as big a deal to me as the ones that landed south of the border

P.s. How many times can you get jailed until mods finally decide to ban you? Lol

Break the rules and find out
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,629Free

Wrong in so many ways.

K1 doesnt have wrestling in it

Or front kicks apparently.. How someone can be a K1 champ and get caught by that awful looking kick is beyond me. Watch out for Travis Browne, future K1 champ
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free

Wrong in so many ways.

K1 doesnt have wrestling in it

Or front kicks apparently.. How someone can be a K1 champ and get caught by that awful looking kick is beyond me. Watch out for Travis Browne, future K1 champ
    Yeah, he telegraphed that so bad...not to mention it was sloppy looking but I guess it got the job done.

How to beat HWs in UFC:
    Get beat up
    Let opponent gas himself out
    Spam front kicks
    ????????????
    Profit.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT