The difference between Chael P. Sonnen and...

najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free
When GSP wants to grapple, he can't submit a non-belt Dan Hardy for 5 rounds.
When Chael P. Sonnen wants to grapple, he pulls guard on a BJJ black belt and submits him.

When Anderson Silva goes up to 205, he fights Bonnar.
When Chael P. Sonnen goes up to 205, he fights Shogun. Go figure.

When Brazilian fighters don't answer Rogan's question, they talk some useless garbage.
When Chael P. Sonnen doesn't answer Rogan's question, his answer is way cooler than if he did.
Tagged:

Comments

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Yeah, but Sonnen isn't consistent. Sometimes he looks downright careless.

The difference is GSP has won 10 championship bouts & Sonnen has won ZERO. ;)
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    They're both exceptional MMA wrestlers that have been caught cheating, punch like little girls, talk more than they actually perform and make a living based on a world-class power double and little else....?

Okay, I give up. What's the difference again?
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited August 2013
    sonnen can maintain your attention with a conversation
    when gsp talks he sends you to sleep
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Your comparing cans in the 185 and 205 division to elite fighters at 170?

Also GSP does not really try that hard,he is always thinking keep control rather than go for any sub.As you saw with Sonnen he had to risk dropping to his back to lock it in,not really the smartest move.
    Not like 75% of the Black belts are any better than the guys who randomly train Bjj during practice.Black belts are simply a piece of cloth given to you by another person.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • zaksame said:

Also GSP does not really try that hard,he is always thinking keep control rather than go for any sub.As you saw with Sonnen he had to risk dropping to his back to lock it in,not really the smartest move.
    Not like 75% of the Black belts are any better than the guys who randomly train Bjj during practice.Black belts are simply a piece of cloth given to you by another person.

A former 185 is better than everyother 170lb fighter besides GSP and a guy who got clowed by MW's and LHWs is now your division's hottest prospect lol get real.

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,889Free

zaksame said:

A former 185 is better than everyother 170lb fighter besides GSP and a guy who got clowed by MW's and LHWs is now your division's hottest prospect lol get real.

Zak got you mate :D
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    kapst said:

Um... yah.... GSP never fought Anderson Silva or Jon Jones, either. Those would have been in 3 losses for the little Canadian man, too.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    Last statement was spot on.

Rogan - "Walk us through this finish on the big screen"

Brazilian - "I just want to thank my trainers, my sponsors.."
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free
    lulz!!! i officially love you for his thread.
    oh and the difference between Sonnen an GSP.... def would bang Sonnen.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free
    Jbrahams said:

Haha, that's exactly the thing.

I wish someday Rogan or some other journalist stands up to this and says "Ok, but you didn't answer my question. Here it is again: IN THE THIRD ROUND, DID YOU... [...] "

• wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,331Free
    Excellent thread, najma. Sonnen vs. GSP anyone?
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free

Sonnen would make GSP tap to strikes.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free

Let's analyze:
    1. GSP puts Sonnen on his back = nothing would happen.
    Sonnen puts GSP on his back = Chael would either submit the French blanket or damage him enough for GSP to go into passive/safe mode, which in that case means constant retreat

2. The fight remains in the stand-up.
    What GSP would like to do: jab and run all night.
    What actually would happen: Sonnen would overwhelm GSP with constant pressure into making mistakes, and we know GSP folds there, and the fight would eventually go to the ground [see 1.]

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    GSP is the GOAT, and all the haters know it. He's finished a ton of guys, but the fact that WW is so stacked, it makes 185 look like a joke, isn't his fault. He's fighting killers, not Thales Leites, or Patrick Cote, or Bonnar, or Irvin or all these other cans in the higher divisions.
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,059Free

GSP is the GOAT, and all the haters know it. He's finished a ton of guys, but the fact that WW is so stacked, it makes 185 look like a joke, isn't his fault. He's fighting killers, not Thales Leites, or Patrick Cote, or Bonnar, or Irvin or all these other cans in the higher divisions.

If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    edited August 2013
    WarWest said:

Dumbest post of the week ^^^
    I'm not so sure. He's got some serious competition.

No. But men who are over the hill who have seen better days and will never see a title again in their life don't count as real men.

Post edited by Wanderlei_Rua on
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,957Free
    Chael Sonnen is a Pride legend killer. Next victim: Wanderlei Silva.
  • KeanmanKeanman Posts: 276Free
    Let me let you in on a little secret Beans. Even if you're as big of a GSP fan as I am, you have to roll with the trolls and have fun making fun. Otherwise you'll just get frustrated and get your self banned or never come back.
    Sig bet record:

1-0-0
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free

Is that why he has so many rematches on his resume?

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,465Free
    GSP has won a UFC belt and has defended it 8 times

Sonnen lost all 3 of his title fights.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • AcedaddyAcedaddy Posts: 561Free
    najma said:

Jbrahams said:

Haha, that's exactly the thing.

I wish someday Rogan or some other journalist stands up to this and says "Ok, but you didn't answer my question. Here it is again: IN THE THIRD ROUND, DID YOU... [...] "

OR ... cut him off & say " Forget it! You don't want to answer my questions, then this interview is over! " Then walk out! I would ROTFL.
    Even the best have their time to fall.
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free

This would be a HILARIOUS fight. You're talking about sonnen... one of the only fighters who has the ability to put GSP on his back and GSP him for 5 rounds. I'd die laughing. Oh my god, it would be good.

Chaels wrestling > GSPs wrestling.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    NyteRyder said:

GSP has won a UFC belt and has defended it 8 times

Sonnen lost all 3 of his title fights.

True, but GSP wouldn't beat Jones, and likely wouldn't beat Silva either.
  • GoldenAfroGoldenAfro Posts: 4,657Free
    kapst said:

False.

Dangerzone Light Heavyweight Championship (won two fights in the same night)
    Gladiator Challenge Light Heavyweight Championship (He beat Jason Lambert, who actually fought and won in the UFC so it's credible)
    And I consider him the WEC middleweight champion since Filho didn't make weight and Chael did win the fight.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))