• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    2006 shogun would have ktfo sonnen in the 1st

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    He needs to go to MW.
    Believe in Beard
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free

Shogun peaked 8 years ago, it's amazing that he is still around

It so happens that his competition peaked right now.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Shogun doesn't even lift, he has a bird chest

I have a bigger chest than that can
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SkyMonk89SkyMonk89 Posts: 239Free
    edited August 2013
    Shogun is not a bum.. Only 2 losses in a row, he wins 1 or 2, then loses 1 wins the next won.. Big whoop wanna fight about it? Lol, Shogun did not get any injuries against Sonnen, therefore he loses nothing except rankings.. Until he starts getting chuck liddell'ed the F out, or beaten up like BJ PENN consistently, he can still fight any light heavyweight. Plus, Sonnen did get cleared for TRT in this fight, which nobody is mentioning.
    Post edited by SkyMonk89 on
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free

That's simply how he is built dude. It's genetics.

najma said:

LOL

so are you telling me if he does flys, his chest won't get bigger?

What is he an alien or something?

If you work out a muscle, it gets bigger, simple as that, some people may look different but regardless.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free

najma said:

LOL

If you work out a muscle, it gets bigger, simple as that, some people may look different but regardless.
    He obviously focuses more attention on gaining skill rather than getting huge. You don't need a big chest to be a good fighter, and if you want to post a photo of yourself with no shirt I'm sure there will be people here to give you their opinion.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<

najma said:

LOL

He obviously focuses more attention on gaining skill rather than getting huge. You don't need a big chest to be a good fighter, and if you want to post a photo of yourself with no shirt I'm sure there will be people here to give you their opinion.

najma said:

LOL

I'd rather not have 15 year old nerdgins mirin my physique

najma said:

LOL

najma said:

LOL

I'd rather not have 15 year old nerdgins mirin my physique
    Ya, I imagine it's something to behold.
    Favourite Fighters

• Randy_HendersonRandy_Henderson Posts: 58Free
    edited August 2013
    Shogun is a very incostant fighter, when he fights motivated, even with a bad shape, he can do things like knock out Lyoto, when not motivated he can be submited by Chael Sonnen or by Griffin. It's uncertain every fight.
    Post edited by Randy_Henderson on
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    najma said:

Shogun peaked 8 years ago, it's amazing that he is still around

It so happens that his competition peaked right now.
    This.

..too many excuse makers on this site, really.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free

najma said:

LOL

You don't need a big chest to be a good fighter?

haha have you lost your damn mind?

Of course you do. When you have a big chest and a strong bench press it allows you to push a guy off on top of you. Look at Denis Siver, he is jacked and he was able to push Cub Swanson out of mount repeatedly because he has a big strong chest.

When Shogun is on bottom he usually cant do anything because his push strength suffers from having a bird chest.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free

He needs to go to MW.

he just got spanked by one

najma said:

LOL

Of course you do. When you have a big chest and a strong bench press it allows you to push a guy off on top of you. Look at Denis Siver, he is jacked and he was able to push Cub Swanson out of mount repeatedly because he has a big strong chest.

When Shogun is on bottom he usually cant do anything because his push strength suffers from having a bird chest.
    You're another guy who has no clue about martial arts. Dennis Siver is very big, yes, and very strong, but when he shoved Cub off it was just that, pure power. Now go watch the way other guys do it, guys with very good ground games and high level technique. I am a BJJ brown belt and I don't have a huge chest by any means and I have no problem escaping positions, but I sure as hell don't do it by benching the guy off me. Go take your big chest to a jiu jitsu or wrestling practice and see how you do.
    Favourite Fighters

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,313Free

najma said:

LOL

You're another guy who has no clue about martial arts. Dennis Siver is very big, yes, and very strong, but when he shoved Cub off it was just that, pure power. Now go watch the way other guys do it, guys with very good ground games and high level technique. I am a BJJ brown belt and I don't have a huge chest by any means and I have no problem escaping positions, but I sure as hell don't do it by benching the guy off me. Go take your big chest to a jiu jitsu or wrestling practice and see how you do.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

najma said:

LOL

Whatever man, I should know by now that this forum doesn't respond well to reason. I'll take back all my comments and I'd just like to say these few things:

Everyone is a can, except the champions.
    You need a huge chest to be a good fighter.
    MMA math is impenetrable.
    Everyone is a duck.

Better?
    Favourite Fighters

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,004Free

PoloRidah said:

najma said:

LOL

Whatever man, I should know by now that this forum doesn't respond well to reason. I'll take back all my comments and I'd just like to say these few things:

Everyone is a duck.

Better?
    LOL! I am starting to like this guy.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Shobum should stick to what he does in between fights.

Like. Not fighting.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

2006 shogun would have ktfo sonnen in the 1st

lol Shogun at ANY age would get mauled by Sonnen
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    waikru said:

PoloRidah said:

najma said:

LOL

Everyone is a duck.

Better?
    LOL! I am starting to like this guy.
    Thanks man, I probably need to learn from guys like you who don't let trolls get to you. I can't help it though, the stupidity on here is unbelievable.
    Favourite Fighters

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free

najma said:

LOL

That probably why you don't have a black belt. Maybe if you had a bigger and stronger chest you would push guys off of you at a higher rate. You should go lift a little bit. I have never been held down because i have a big, strong chest and i have been training UFC for like 5 months.
  • KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    Shogun needs to go back to fighting brawlers, that's who they need to give him. His style is perfect for sloppy brawling.
    KOTMF said:

Shogun needs to go back to fighting brawlers, that's who they need to give him. His style is perfect for sloppy brawling.

Who in the LHW division currently meets these credentials though?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    PoloRidah said:

KOTMF said:

Who in the LHW division currently meets these credentials though?
    I know, it's a tough one, anyone who's coming up has some good wrestling and he's fought the other guys already.
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,281Free
    KOTMF said:

KTFOOO alt ?

KOTMF said:

KTFOOO alt ?
    Doubt it.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4