Rate Urijah "Glass Mind" Halls Skill.

Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
edited August 2013 in UFC
And Discuss.

Rate Urijah "Glass Mind" Halls Skill.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Welchers:
Bluesy(sig)
Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Comments

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    edited August 2013
    Skill isn't the problem for him. He could be terrifying if he had the mental fortitude.

He needs a fire lit under his **** that's for sure- it was a bit concerning watching him circle into those left hands as well
    Post edited by Tahune on
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,295Free
    strong offensively weak defensively weak mentaly

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Tahune said:

Skill isn't the problem for him. He could be terrifying if he had the mental fortitude.

He needs a fire lit under his **** that's for sure- it was a bit concerning watching him circle into those left hands as well

Mental fortitude IS a skill and a big part of fighting.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Tahune said:

Mental fortitude IS a skill and a big part of fighting.
    If you lump Mental fortitude in with skill- then I'd say he is at about a 4
    12er said:

I've seen a video of this dude smashing his sparring partner with an unnessecary spinning back kick. He seems like a **** in the gym but then doesn't want to hurt anyone in the octogon.

yeah I remember that. His sparring partner caught him flush so he launched a less than acceptable kick at him out of spite it seemed,
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 955Free
    Talent doesn't matter if you can't apply it when it counts. If that's how he performs against a previously cut, short-notice WW, then he should probably be released.

Sucks though, he's wasting a lot of potential.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    Creates a "glass mind" thread and doesn't even give the guy who coined the term a shout out. My lawyers will be in touch.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Creates a "glass mind" thread and doesn't even give the guy who coined the term a shout out. My lawyers will be in touch.

you don't think Hall is skilled?

i'm not saying he's a good fighter, i'm saying he HAS the skills
    He has the skills to do what??? Lose fights against undersized opponents???
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

you're saying that it only takes skill to win? that the winner is always the most skilled fighter? that gameplan, focus, cardio etc has nothing to do with it?

if so i quit arguing.
    If he can only apply his skills to cans on TUF then they're basically worthless.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

• Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 456Free
    He looked great on Tuf cause he fought cans, i buyed the hype around him but so far he has been a huge let down. He just needs to get his mind right and stop giving so much bro love and start bashing some skulls in. Its 1 to not realy want to hurt your opponent but just do it cause bussiness is bussiness, but this guy looks like he wants to cuddle and give kisses all the time instead of fighting so far
    WAR 209 !

you're saying that it only takes skill to win? that the winner is always the most skilled fighter? that gameplan, focus, cardio etc has nothing to do with it?

if so i quit arguing.
    If he can only apply his skills to cans on TUF then they're basically worthless.

agreed. his skills are worthless.

this thread is about how useful his skills are, but how good they are.

If they aren't useful then they aren't that good. Plenty of guys can look good shadow boxing and going hard against cans, but if these skills are never demonstrated against real competition then they might as well not exist.

The 1 stands.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

@omaplatapyus thank you for the name.
    <:-P

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free

<:-P </p>

You gonna thank me too, if i tell u that...
    His name is Uriah and not Urijah?
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

You gonna thank me too, if i tell u that...
    His name is Uriah and not Urijah?
    Lol same thing really.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,295Free
    he's **** defensively, he needs to work on that, glass mind or not.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    It was a shame for him he didn't get that Samman fight, he hated Samman on TUF and I think fighting a guy he didn't like would have really helped him show some of the skills he showed on TUF. As soon as he becomes besties with his opponents he's screwed.
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    He's a skilled fighter but he is mentally weak from the bullying he got when he was a kid.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • WhipsnapWhipsnap Posts: 158Free
    When your "training" is playing Tekken, you aren't going to do much inside the octogan.
    edited August 2013

if so i quit arguing.

agreed. his skills are worthless.

this thread is about how useful his skills are, but how good they are.

If they aren't useful then they aren't that good. Plenty of guys can look good shadow boxing and going hard against cans, but if these skills are never demonstrated against real competition then they might as well not exist.

The 1 stands.
    that's like saying a woman is not hot because she doesn't have sex bro
    Would you rather have a hot chick that you can't touch or a mediocre freak that does it all?

Actually it's more like a hot chick with a banging body that only wears big sweaters and baggy pants. Yeah she still has the body, but she might as well be 300lbs if she never shows it off.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

edited August 2013

:)>-
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    I would rate him a 4 overall and that's only because he does have a decent skill set. If he can fix the mental aspect of it he would be a 7-8 easy!
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    We all knew where his mind was at after he wheel kicked lil Adam Cella in the head. He was like "oh man, I didn't know I could hurt someone like that".... or whatever. My reply = "dude... you wheel kicked him in the head... what did you think would happen??"

He's having a hard time realizing that its his JOB to take people apart. Do your JOB.

Working the fryer at McDonalds is only a loss or two away. Hope he can get intense.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,036Free

He's a skilled fighter but he is mentally weak from the bullying he got when he was a kid.

You don't get weak from facing adversity in your life - you get stronger. You spoiled brat.

Uriah is so strong that he has absolutely no fear in the octagon, he feels too comfortable and unthreatened, he's not afraid of getting hurt or anything, and so he has no urge to attack like his life depends on it.