Will Mcgregor be....

Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 456Free
edited August 2013 in UFC
Another victim of the Wrestling gayness, thats going on in the UFC right now?

We seen it time and time again. Exciting fighters gettin dry humped for 15 till 25 minutes long. The thrill of the fight gets sucked out so fast like a baby that taste a nipple for the first time.

Although he is not in a wrestling type weight class, i have a feeling this guy is an easy lay and pray victim.
So in the end all the fans favorite, will remain people`s champs instead of Real champs. Its a shame i tell...

Discuss.
Post edited by Ninja_Nujabes on
WAR 209 !

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,657Free
    Good point and great post. It really explains the L&P'ers true effect on the sport

I hope it doesnt happen to him
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    No it's going to be tough to get him on the ground.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free
    If he keeps training with Gunner i see good things for him as long as they don't try to give him higher tier fighters too fast and give him some time to develop. He already seems fairly well rounded

He might even resort to that tactic if his opponent will not engage him on the feet and have decent offense on the bottom.

People just need to realize that what is often reffered to as lay n pray is a part of the sport. When there is a mismatch in grappling level and the fighter on bottom is excellent off there back or maybe real dangerous on the feet, hard to take down etc. it would be stupid not to do that or they'll get in trouble quick. May not be pretty but it's effective.

If every time there is space one fighter presses attacks, tries to sweep or scramble not so much to attack but create chaos & constant high intensity because they have a cardio advantage and use it as a tool to exhaust the opponent you'll see stall tactics based on control and tight position to prevent it.

These are just two scenarios. It's just a part of the game sometimes. I just don't like when fighters make it their only game and they are really good at it lol.
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,087Free
    To me he looks like the guy that will shoot on the wrestler just to confuse the **** out of him and then try to finish him as soon as possible, guess we'll have to wait and see
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    edited August 2013
    Cole1186 said:

No it's going to be tough to get him on the ground.

Agree but his only two defeats have come by submission... Ninja_Nujabes post isn't totally wrong when you have LnP's like Guida, Elkins or outstanding wrestlers like Mendes,Lamas and Edgar.
    But Conor has to concentrate on his game, which is to keep the fight standing and his ground game doesn't seem to be too bad, blessed is more than good on the math. I have no worries about wrestlers... And to see Aldo vs Conor one day i'll keep on cheering for Notorious until the titlefight contract is signed!!!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,416Free
    He is lucky that he is 145. He only has to worry about Edgar, Mendes, or maybe Faber moving up.
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!

People just need to realize that what is often reffered to as lay n pray is a part of the sport. When there is a mismatch in grappling level and the fighter on bottom is excellent off there back or maybe real dangerous on the feet, hard to take down etc. it would be stupid not to do that or they'll get in trouble quick. May not be pretty but it's effective.

everyone knows it's a part of the game. but it doesn't make it less annoying, nor removes our credit to bash it

it's boring and a **** move, but yeah, they have the right to do so.
    I don't mind when people do it but it shouldn't be the only strategy. I would even applaud a fighter that did it to lull an opponent, conserve energy so they don't burn out but they need to use it to pick their spots to do some real damage but fans need to understand against really good fighters controlling distance is extremely important because the opponent is dangerous when you give them any space and you don't want to gift them anything or have to start all over from scratch.

Faber fight was a pretty good example of that. For a lot of that fight he wasn't allowing much space but at least he was active with elbows and looked to constantly keep pressure, win the hand fight battle, constantly make small positioning adjustements, controlling space not allowing any good angles and he did use posture sometimes to land some more significant shots and looked to advance when he could.

It's the fighters that do it only to control, survive and milk the clock that i don't like.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,657Free

everyone knows it's a part of the game. but it doesn't make it less annoying, nor removes our credit to bash it

It's the fighters that do it only to control, survive and milk the clock that i don't like.
    AKA: GSP
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

AKA: GSP
    George does try to do damage and advance sometimes but the survival control & milk the clock is his primary strategy.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    his wrestling looked sharp against holloway who isnt exactly a great wrestler but still he had no trouble
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    No, he will run into Cub Swanson and wish he never started MMA in the first place
    UFC Community account: _Josh_