Whats with the Brazil addiction? Seriously....

dajazzadajazza Posts: 24Free
Seriously Dana, what the f*ck is up with you and Brazil? What happened to the UFC's planned world domination!? What about other markets ESPECIALLY Russia, Korea, Netherlands, France. And as a damn Aussie, why all of a sudden no more Aussie events? Don't you remember that 127 was the fastest selling event in UFC history? I'm just sick of all these damn shows in Brazil.
Tagged:

Comments

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Gotta go where the money is
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,256Free
    dajazza said:

Seriously Dana, what the f*ck is up with you and Brazil? What happened to the UFC's planned world domination!? What about other markets ESPECIALLY Russia, Korea, Netherlands, France. And as a damn Aussie, why all of a sudden no more Aussie events? Don't you remember that 127 was the fastest selling event in UFC history? I'm just sick of all these damn shows in Brazil.

btw, isn't mma illegal in france ?

• najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
    Brazil has had UFC Champions - Silva and AlGOAT and Championship contenders, like JesusGOAT and MachiGOAT. That's what makes UFC make the events there more than in irrelevant countries like Australia.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Coming to AUS in December (though only a FN so :/)

But yeah the Brazil cards SUCK. Look at the next one, 3 good fights and then the main card has all no names. Then the next one, Maia vs Shields main eventing - wtf?

The whole novelty of going to Brazil is long gone, everyone's tired of the huge mismatches to favour the Brazilian fighters and the obnoxious crowd is just annoying now, I find myself basically cheering for every non-Brazilian so the crowd can shut the **** up
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,589Free
    Just wait until THE HIPPO gets the title. Title fights in AUS 3 times a year
  • TUF1_TUF1_ Posts: 1,443Free
    Brazil has some of the best P4P fighters in MMA

Australia has Dylan Andrews

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,211Free

dajazza said:

btw, isn't mma illegal in france ?
    Yeah i believe so.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,002Free
    Why not complain about all the fights put on in the U.S.?
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

TUF1_ said:

They only have 1 more champ than AUS lol
    Jbrahams said:

TUF1_ said:

2. Jose and Barao ( interim ) Cruz has been out too long i consider Barao the legit champ at this point. US is dominating right now.

AUS never had one.....and never will
  • NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,030Free
    Tip to other countries that want UFC shows in your borders: stop banning cagefighting FRANCE, develop mma talent and get some champs.

Jbrahams said:

TUF1_ said:

2. Jose and Barao ( interim ) Cruz has been out too long i consider Barao the legit champ at this point. US is dominating right now.

ehh, 1.5 champs.

Just wait until Whittaker becomes WW champ in 5 years
  • pedropaespedropaes Posts: 91Ultimate
    Jbrahams said:

But yeah the Brazil cards SUCK. Look at the next one, 3 good fights and then the main card has all no names. Then the next one, Maia vs Shields main eventing - wtf?

The whole novelty of going to Brazil is long gone, everyone's tired of the huge mismatches to favour the Brazilian fighters and the obnoxious crowd is just annoying now, I find myself basically cheering for every non-Brazilian so the crowd can shut the **** up

Dude, I think its a great card for a fight night the Maia vs Shields event.

Erick Silva vs DHK, Thiago Silva vs Hamill, Raphael Assunção vs TJ Dillashaw, Palhares vs Mike Pierce, Maldonado vs Joey Beltran

Definitely not a bad card for a UFN
    Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

TUF1_ said:

ehh, 1.5 champs.

Condit will have it in the next 1-2. George ain't keeping that belt much longer unless he winds up like Cruz. If he loses to Hendricks i predict he retires. If he wins i think he'll defend maybe once more or move up to MW to clear the path for Rory.
  • TUF1_TUF1_ Posts: 1,443Free
    Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

TUF1_ said:

ehh, 1.5 champs.

Wasn't trying to hate. Aussies fighters and fans are P4P but they literally don't even have a fighter in the top 10 of any division while Brazil has 2 champs, 3 fighters contesting for the belt (JDS followed by Werdum, and Anderson) Lyoto would have got a shot at Jones if not for being robbed. And they have a lot of up and comers. Really comes down to supply and demand though.

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    edited September 2013
    brazil has the 4th world economy
    MMA development in brazil its yet more important than FOOTBALL (and the most important sport event in the world its organized in Brazil)
    brazil has so many talents in UFC just compared to USA fighters
    brazil fans are actually the most intense audience
    Post edited by Pablosky on
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free
    Pablosky said:

brazil has the 4th world economy
    MMA development in brazil its yet more important than FOOTBALL (and the most important sport event in the world its organized in Brazil)
    brazil has so many talents in UFC just compared to USA fighters
    brazil fans are actually the most intense audience

And their women are the hottest bitties on the planet.
    pedropaes said:

Jbrahams said:

Dude, I think its a great card for a fight night the Maia vs Shields event.

Erick Silva vs DHK, Thiago Silva vs Hamill, Raphael Assunção vs TJ Dillashaw, Palhares vs Mike Pierce, Maldonado vs Joey Beltran

Definitely not a bad card for a UFN
    Yeah that card is good (except main event not as good as it could be) but I meant the card this week, other than the 3 main fights the rest of the main card is like no names
  • leatherfac3leatherfac3 Posts: 235Free
    edited September 2013
    TUF1_ said:

Dylan Andrews isn't Australian.
    Post edited by leatherfac3 on