Should Women Be Ranked P4P Separately From The Men In The UFC?

Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
edited September 2013 in UFC
@MachidaPower posed a great question in the forum. Should Rousey be ranked in the P4P? Some of you know I sit on the UFC Fighter Rankings panel. Well this has been a inner debate with me. I'm at the point to where I think women should be ranked separately from men. It's not really fair in my opinion. In reality we know she could never beat a top 10 male so how will she ever get ranked Top 10? If women and men will never fight each other then in my opinion they need to create a female P4P. Do you guys agree?

Should Women Be Ranked P4P Separately From The Men In The UFC?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Today's Top Fighters Answer Your Questions At 'Your Corner' Check it out here!
photo image-1.jpg
photo badge2.jpg

Comments

• Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
    Yes. Create a Pound For Pound Rankings For Women
    PATSTER said:

Yes

Men and women don't compare stats in other sports. Don't do it in MMA either.

I get that but it's a matter of P4P. And men and women will never fight each other. How will we ever know?

photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Of course.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free
    This is so 1920
    Women can have their own P4P rankings ;)
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

edited September 2013

I think p4p should just go away all together.

@StompGrind I totally agree. P4P has so much opinion and conjecture involved. You have to pretend the top 10 fighters all have the same reach, same weight, same height and then decide if they all fought who would win and in which order would they win. It's BS. What makes one fighter great doesn't make another fighter great. Cain has crazy power but he's not as fast as Demetrious. If we made Demetrius as big as Cain, do we take his speed away? Does Cain lose power and gain speed? And hen what weight class do we pretend the top 10 are in? Too much to consider to be accurate.
    Post edited by Brady969 on
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,211Free
    Brady969 said:

@StompGrind I totally agree. P4P has so much opinion and conjecture involved. You have to pretend the top 10 fighters all have the same reach, same weight, same height and then decide if they all fought who would win and in which order would they win. It's BS. What makes one fighter great doesn't make another fighter great. Cain has crazy power but he's not as fast as Demetrious. If we made Demetrius as big as Cain, do we take his speed away? Does Cain lose power and gain speed? And hen what weight class do we pretend the top 10 are in? Too much to consider to be accurate.
    Exactly but as far as speed/power or whatever you'd have to assume everyone is the same body and physical abilties and we are just talking about skills alone but even that is stupid because styles and particular skill sets are somewhat linked to body types and physical abilities.

Brady969 said:

Exactly but as far as speed/power or whatever you'd have to assume everyone is the same body and physical abilties and we are just talking about skills alone but even that is stupid because styles and particular skill sets are somewhat linked to body types and physical abilities.
    Yep, that's what I was trying to say. What makes Silva great isn't the same thing that makes Aldo great. It's a stupid way to judge.
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    No. Women Shouldn't Be Treated Different From Men
    Ban the **** from UFC all together

• Epiqu1nEpiqu1n Posts: 1,464Free
    AxeMurduh said:

Ban the **** from UFC all together

+1

List of GOAT Fighters

1. Michael McDonald
    2. Nick Diaz
    3. Demetrious Johnson
    4. Matt Brown
    5. Rashad Evans
    6. JDS
    7. Joe Lauzon
    8. Patster
    9. Carnage
    10. 12er
    11. LayDownDead
    12. Diego Brandao
    13. Papy Abedi
    14. Tom Brady
    15. Russell Wilson
    16. Manhoef
    17. Scott Jorgensen
    18. Elias Silverio
    19. Fabio Maldonado
    20. Louis Smolka

• MrBisonMrBison Posts: 554Free
    Women ARE different to men.. What kind of poll option is this, seriously political correctness is getting out of hand. You wouldn't ask a women to fight a man so how can they be in the same P4P rankings?? Makes no sense at all. You don't see people chucking girls in mens P4P ranking in boxing, wrestling or olympic weight lifting why would it be any different for mma? Any male 135 pound UFC fighter would whoop a female of the same weight, simple as that!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    they shouldn't even be ranked at all

there aren't even 10 women fighters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    They should be in Invicta imo u dont see women in the NFL
    or NBA I would still watch WMMA but it should have its
    own organization
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    No. Women Shouldn't Be Treated Different From Men
    There's no need for separation. It's an imaginary title, so women can definitely be compared to men.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    I guess the consensus is that there should be no women's p4p rankings yet, since there's only one division and therefore it would look exactly like the regular women's bantamweight rankings?

Kind of wrote that weird. I can read it. That's all that matters.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Well, they wouldn't show up in men's P4P anyway. Ronda could beat some 135 pound dudes sure. but beating 'some' people YOUR OWN WEIGHT, isn't p4p.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,105Free
    Women should be in the kitchen
    You're all going backwards in your thought processes. This is frustrating. Lemme break it down EXTRA slow....

-aldo could never beat ANY top 15 heavyweight. Therefore, by your rationale, he could never be p4p. Too many guys he can't beat.

* YOU CANT COMPARE FIGHTERS AT DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES... That's the whole **** point of p4p rankings, right? To put in to perspective who is clearly dominating their division more. Could Ronda beat a guy or two of the same weight? Probably. All of them? Probably not.

As far as for how far Ronda stands out from the rest of the women, there shouldn't be any question that she is p4p. Yes, part of that is probably because the women's division is so new that there isn't a whole lot of pool to draw from ATM. It'll get better with time and a few more weight classes.

Compare each fighter to their division, and then take the best 2 out of each division and compare them to each other based on legacy within their division.... I think that's what the p4p rankings are all about.

I gotta go put it in a perm.

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    i voted for "just put it in her ****"
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,902Free
    Could a 135 girl beat a 135 man?

Most of the cases, probably not. So pound for pound women and men are different. period.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

amunera said:

Most of the cases, probably not. So pound for pound women and men are different. period.

There's already a separate division.

Miesha Nose.
    amunera said:

Let's not compare black fighters to white fighters anymore, either. And no fighters with hair compared to bald fighters.

Let's not look at fighters as fighters. Let's break them all down into groups so small that nobody could be compared to each other.

Miesha Nose.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free

amunera said:

Let's not compare black fighters to white fighters anymore, either. And no fighters with hair compared to bald fighters.

Let's not look at fighters as fighters. Let's break them all down into groups so small that nobody could be compared to each other.
    Hair and race don't mean anything. Gender definitely does.

You're all going backwards in your thought processes. This is frustrating. Lemme break it down EXTRA slow....

-aldo could never beat ANY top 15 heavyweight. Therefore, by your rationale, he could never be p4p. Too many guys he can't beat.

* YOU CANT COMPARE FIGHTERS AT DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES... That's the whole **** point of p4p rankings, right? To put in to perspective who is clearly dominating their division more. Could Ronda beat a guy or two of the same weight? Probably. All of them? Probably not.

As far as for how far Ronda stands out from the rest of the women, there shouldn't be any question that she is p4p. Yes, part of that is probably because the women's division is so new that there isn't a whole lot of pool to draw from ATM. It'll get better with time and a few more weight classes.

Compare each fighter to their division, and then take the best 2 out of each division and compare them to each other based on legacy within their division.... I think that's what the p4p rankings are all about.

But you're missing the MOST IMPORTANT point. Men and women will NEVER fight eachother. That's the reality. That fact alone means we HAVE TO create a P4P for just women. It levels a playing field that needs to be leveled. It's not sexist. It's reality. Men can move up and down in weight classes. The possibilty for a portion of fighters to fight in other weight classes is there and they can prove them self but it's not for women. To not have a P4P division for women is sexist! Sex and race is very different in MMA because we are dealing with something nobody can help....the way we are created at birth.
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    I'm happy with seeing women fight in the UFC, but I'd enjoy it more if Zuffa paired up with Invicta and they had Invicta have a ll the women fights and UFC have all the men fights. Sure people might argue that the women won't get as much exposure then, but if people want to watch women fighting they can always watch Invicta (if this plan ever actually happened).

I just think it's stupid having 1 woman's division in the UFC, either fully commit or not
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    PATSTER said:

Yes

Men and women don't compare stats in other sports. Don't do it in MMA either.

What?? How can you say that and say midget mouse is p4p goat page?? You do realize the girls are bigger and stronger than your p4p hero don't ya?? Cyborg would destroy Mighty Mouse....rousey would arm bar him inside of one round.

But, my opinion is no, they shouldn't be in the same p4p rankings. Should be seperate categories foe men, women and midgets.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

Brady969 said:

But you're missing the MOST IMPORTANT point. Men and women will NEVER fight eachother. That's the reality. That fact alone means we HAVE TO create a P4P for just women. It levels a playing field that needs to be leveled. It's not sexist. It's reality. Men can move up and down in weight classes. The possibilty for a portion of fighters to fight in other weight classes is there and they can prove them self but it's not for women. To not have a P4P division for women is sexist! Sex and race is very different in MMA because we are dealing with something nobody can help....the way we are created at birth.
    I think you're missing part of part of some of the point. Women don't fight men same as bantamweights don't fight light heavyweights...... But there's bones and Aldo.... On the p4p list. Difference is that they don't have boobs, so nobody cares.

Miesha Nose.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

they shouldn't even be ranked at all

there aren't even 10 women fighters

=)) +99999999
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,295Free
    LOOOOOOOOL

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    Juliana Pena can be ranked with men

she is that good
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited September 2013

Juliana Pena can be ranked with men

she is that good

Maybe if pena fights hard next week she can come back as an alt. She won't win the fight. Ronda made a brilliant move....

Yah.. I finally saw it, Dana. In Yo FACE!
    Post edited by MachidaPower on

Miesha Nose.