Dont let Australia follow the path of Brazil

saintbradsaintbrad Posts: 119Free

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    edited September 2013
    they all do it, pretty much, when a country has so few fighters in the ufc you arent going to see many same nationality matchups, brazil has no excuse though they have a high % of ufc fighters.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    This has been going on a long time now and is not just Brasil,they do it for Canadian cards as well.
    It is the lowest form of marketing,like something you would learn in your first day of school,so i hope the UFC is not paying their marketing team anymore than minimum wage .I am also not sure but apparently this is also the work of Joe Silva,the so called match maker extraordinaire haha ,no real match making there.

Really the UFC does not have much choice because EVERY single card is full of lots of filler that nobody would pay to see,so they figure by inputting locals it will be accepted.I have actually found most main events to be rather weak,have yet to see 5 good main event fights.Then you factor in Dana says they have too many fighters LMAO,too many and you can't even fill a main event with 5 good fights?

They are simply making every single card to turn a high profit margin,they are NOT trying their best to put out solid cards and if they think it is their best,they should get new jobs and hand over the UFC match making to someone who has a clue.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 554Free
    Yeah what I hate in Brazil cards is that they always mismatch the foreign fighters too..
  • Brazil cards sell like 5,000 tickets .... Bring the UFC to New Zealand and they would sell out
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,585Free
    I agree. Mark Hunt vs Big Foot wouldn't Main Event anywhere else. Also, Hunt isn't even Australian. Give us a legit card.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free
    Ungrateful pack... You guys should be happy you get some cards in your country!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

edited September 2013

Not really, there's plenty of local shows to go to for much less if you just want to watch average guys fight. International UFC cards have become cards stacked with local talent that no one cares about.

Plus it's not like the UFC is coming to Australia for us, they're coming here because they can sell tickets.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,822Free

Not really, there's plenty of local shows to go to for much less if you just want to watch average guys fight. International UFC cards have become cards stacked with local talent that no one cares about.

Plus it's not like the UFC is coming to Australia for us, they're coming here because they can sell tickets.
    Every Las Vegas card sells out, and that would be cheaper then travelling to Australia.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free
    I hate watching Brazil cards too. Its way more slanted than Canadian cards, but those are pretty bad as well. They try to do the same thing in Great Britain, but there are as many wrestling coaches as there are dentists there. They are the only guys who try to get their teeth knocked out in the cage. How does a country filled with so many smart people not have dentistry figured out yet. I am making a joke of it, but everyone I meet from there has jacked up teeth, and close friends of my parents from England, both had really bad teeth, and they have BIG MONEY. They actually both just visited and stayed for an entire MONTH, and they both got their teeth fixed, big perfect white teeth. It looked like a miracle makeover, AND their breath isn't so bad anymore. My pops says its still has some funk.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free
    edited September 2013

UFC is a Company of course they wanna sell tickets, lmao...
    You guys get...
    Bigfoot vs Hunt > Reminds me of some fights way back in Pride
    Shogun vs Te Huna > could be a War like Vera vs Shogun Great Fight
    Pat Barry vs Palelei is on the card > don't need to mention how entertaining Barry is... Win or Loss!

3 fights and you guys are already complaining

=D>
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    What a stupid read...there is like 5 top Aussie fighter...now that's no dig at Aussie land and its fighters

I think Aussie land makes better fighters then the UK more times then now

What I'm saying is that it's unrealistic to expect Aussie vs. Aussie on a repeat bases without lowering the talent pool for the UFC

Now Brazil is another case...there is a **** ton of talented fighters in the UFC...you can make Brazil vs Brazil easy where the Aussie land guys can't

Also I think it also hurts the quality of show if it was USA vs USA/Brazil vs Brazil/ UK vs. UK ect ect

The fans can see a Brazilian's fight each other any time in brazil just like you can see Aussie vs. Aussie

If i road threw Downtown Baltimore and I saw two black guys fighting on the street I would not care cuz it's dumb black on black crime but if I saw a white man fighting a black man then I would stop and ask my self why is this going on and want to see the outcome
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Every Las Vegas card sells out, and that would be cheaper then travelling to Australia.
    Las Vegas cards sell out because they're always stacked.
    edited September 2013

You guys get...
    Pat Barry vs Palelei is on the card > don't need to mention how entertaining Barry is... Win or Loss!

=D>
    It's not a matter of the fights being entertaining, you can get amazing fights at local shows but no one cares about those fighters. Being in the UFC doesn't instantly make you someone to care about. All the confirmed fights for the card have no meaning to them.

If Big foot vs Hunt is the main event that means the ceiling for the talent the card is going to have is VERY low. Big Foot, Hunt, Shogun, Te Huna, Barry and Palelei are card fillers at best. If the UFC lost them all tomorrow it wouldn't hurt them in the slightest. A fight between relevant fighters would be nice.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free

You guys get...

=D>
    It's not a matter of the fights being entertaining, you can get amazing fights at local shows but no one cares about those fighters. Being in the UFC doesn't instantly make you someone to care about. All the confirmed fights for the card have no meaning to them.

If Big foot vs Hunt is the main event that means the ceiling for the talent the card is going to have is VERY low. Big Foot, Hunt, Shogun, Te Huna, Barry and Palelei are card fillers at best. If the UFC lost them all tomorrow it wouldn't hurt them in the slightest. A fight between relevant fighters would be nice.
    Fun fights yes, but its true they have no meaning to them.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Stupid thread. It doesn't matter if we get Aussie fighters on the card, that should happen, I just don't want them to get easy wins and put against lower-tier competition so us Aussies can go home happy and pretend like we don't know what the UFC are trying to do. Of the 3 fights announced, they are all tough fights and I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 Aus/NZ fighters were the underdogs.

UFC Community account: _Josh_

You guys get...

=D>

I didn't read your posts so I maybe assuming wrong here

Did you agree with the OP that Aussie should be fighting other Aussies??

If so then you can't have your cake and eat it too

There are no current relivent Aussie right now...last one was Lombert and he's not even an Aussie...should he have got a higher ranked guy in Palhares?? Maybe, maybe not but they were close in ranking at the time

No Aussie is top 10 even I think in any divison so there can't be a relevent Aussie vs another relevant Aussie
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    MrBison said:

Yeah what I hate in Brazil cards is that they always mismatch the foreign fighters too..

haha very true, they have been doing it like crazy in brazil lately. I know the internet always talks crap about America, but to be honest, America is the only fan base that's not retarded when it comes to rooting against a fighter just because they are not from your country...I think japan is pretty cool that way too
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    Australia sucks.

Just kidding! My dad is from Australia.

Wait a minute...my dad sucks. Yeah, **** Australia!
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    edited September 2013
    I'm only joking. Nicole Kidman is from Australia, so it can't be THAT bad over there.
    Post edited by Megasoup on
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

BruteDion said:

You guys get...

=D>

There are no current relivent Aussie right now...last one was Lombert and he's not even an Aussie...should he have got a higher ranked guy in Palhares?? Maybe, maybe not but they were close in ranking at the time

No Aussie is top 10 even I think in any divison so there can't be a relevent Aussie vs another relevant Aussie

I don't want Aussies vs Aussies. I want good fighters vs good fighters. I want a reasonable quality card that they'd put on in the US just held over here. Of course they're going to put SOME local talent on it but I'd prefer they put them on based on skill and not country of birth/residence.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 819Free
    OP, this is very normal, come on.

I think UFC works kind of like this: whoever put good performances on these cards (brazil, australia, japan, uk, etc) will be brought to fight in a card in US or Canada.
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Dont let 'INSERT ANY COUNTRY HERE' follow the path of Brazil

BruteDion said:

You guys get...

=D>

I don't want Aussies vs Aussies. I want good fighters vs good fighters. I want a reasonable quality card that they'd put on in the US just held over here. Of course they're going to put SOME local talent on it but I'd prefer they put them on based on skill and not country of birth/residence.
    Got yeah

Yeah I can agree with that...with 7 divisions there is no reason why a card can be made and not have adleast two top 10 vs top 10er fights

I think if the UFC followed that guild line everyone would be happy with their cards
    Sig record
    40-21

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    They do exactly the same thing here in England.
    yeah I agree with most of what Yesterdays_Hero had to say but keep in mind the UFC did give us the Flyweight tournament which had mighty mouse and j Benavidez who are top five but everyone was still looking at the card as weak because they were relatively new. Any card in aus with named fighters and heavy weights is better than nothing. But for sure it would be great to have cards set up based on relevancy down the road.
    Forum Face Off Champion 2013
  • AugathellaFellaAugathellaFella Posts: 29Ultimate
    Well i am happy with the fights so far and with Robert Whittaker no doubt fighting it will all be good fights none of that boring lay against the cage crap. Even happier its in Brisbane. Like someone else said at least they come here.
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,055Free
    I don't see the problem... our next event is a UFC on FX card isn't it? Hunt vs Silva isn't top ten? Well
    Hunt just took JDS to three rounds with a broken freaking toe. And Silva just fought for the belt. To say that neither are relevant is rediculous.

Te Huna was the only man to put his hand up to fight Glover on short notice, also, Glover avoided his hands like the plague and pulled guard like a little girl. This man will demolish Shogun standing up. A better Shogun than the one who showed up to fight Chael we can only hope. To say THAT is irrelevant is rediculous.

Soa Peilelei fought like crap last night and has been around forever not doing heaps, he is a warrior just not a real threat. So yeah I guess that can be considered irrelevant...

Point being, the two mains are more than enough for a main / co-main fight, provided a couple other sick fights are added which no doubt they will be. Quit whining - at least Bisping isn't on it!

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

Gabri1985 said:

look at your last card, BW TItle fight and Poirier vs Swanson.

• TheXFactorV2TheXFactorV2 Posts: 117Free
    Jbrahams said:

Gabri1985 said:

Yeah and look at the upcoming card in Manchester, each fight features a British fighter who, besides Bisping and Pearson, would feature on the prelims anywhere else but because they are British we are expected to lap it up and pay a minimum of $120 for a ticket to a "Fight Night" event.

Jbrahams said:

Gabri1985 said:

Yeah and look at the upcoming card in Manchester, each fight features a British fighter who, besides Bisping and Pearson, would feature on the prelims anywhere else but because they are British we are expected to lap it up and pay a minimum of $120 for a ticket to a "Fight Night" event.
    yeah but that's 2 events in one year