MENDEZ AND SWANSON SHOULD COACH TUF

edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
Seriously the UFC needs to look to the future not the past. Penn is past his prime and has a real problem with discipline in regards to his training. Edgar, as good as he is ,has had big fights and has failed to really sell PPV's and has disappointed people and often critcized about not finishing fights.There is so much talent in that division that mainstream MMA fans might be unaware of. For example what about. Mendez vs Swanson .Not only do these guys showcase the future, the fight would be a complete war with 2 guys with superb skills Who are TRULY HUNGRY.and we can be sure that both guys CAN make weight. TUF NEEDS TO SHOWCASE GUYS IN THEIR PRIMES. I have the utmost respect for BJ, Penn BUT HE SHOULD HAVE TO FIGHT HIS WAY BACK.TO THE UFC'S TOP SHELF.At least to see if he belongs there.
Tagged:

Comments

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    But....

I want to see Penn fight again.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    edited September 2013
    Do you even know who BJ penn is? Swanson & Mendes(Not Mendez) wtf? nobody would watch it....
    maybe the fight, but not TUF19!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    Swanson is a can. He got 7 second molested by Aldo. He'll never be anything in the UFC other then barely top 10. So that's first off.
    Mendes on the other hand has a future, and may beat aldo if he doesn't get stupid and greedy early on and looks for a long fight.
    Either way no, there both not marketable like Edgar vs Penn.
  • Swanson is a can. He got 7 second molested by Aldo. He'll never be anything in the UFC other then barely top 10. So that's first off.
    Mendes on the other hand has a future, and may beat aldo if he doesn't get stupid and greedy early on and looks for a long fight.

LOL........Have you even watched Swanson recently? dudes in him prime, don't think he beats Aldo but he is easily TOP FIVE FW.

• OmahaOutcastOmahaOutcast Posts: 281Free

Swanson is a can. He got 7 second molested by Aldo. He'll never be anything in the UFC other then barely top 10. So that's first off.

Swanson would win the rematch by KO
    Jake Ellenberger > GSP

Robbie Lawler = GOAT

Scott Jorgensen #1 favorite bantamweight
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    ^^ not sure about that but i reckon the rematch will be an amazing fight.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free

Do you even know who BJ penn is? Swanson & Mendes(Not Mendez) wtf? nobody would watch it....

yeah he's over the hill. has been for a long time now, he lacks the work ethic to compete at that level. YOU HONESTLY THINK A RETURN TO LW OR FW WILL CHANGE THAT.WATCH FRANKIE VS PENN 2 , PENN WAS SO SLOW,THE LAST 4 OR SO YEARS EDGAR HAS TRAINED relentlessly TO BE ONE OF THE BEST AROUND WHILE BJ SAT IN HIS POOL DRINKING BEER .Do the math. i have seen every BJ PENN match ,in his prime and since,and openly agree he was one of the most exciting fighters ever.Loyal is one thing, but be realistic. Aw and sorry bout da speling creempuf and the caps lock **** WTF

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    edh1 said:

yeah he's over the hill. has been for a long time now, he lacks the work ethic to compete at that level. YOU HONESTLY THINK A RETURN TO LW OR FW WILL CHANGE THAT.WATCH FRANKIE VS PENN 2 , PENN WAS SO SLOW,THE LAST 4 OR SO YEARS EDGAR HAS TRAINED relentlessly TO BE ONE OF THE BEST AROUND WHILE BJ SAT IN HIS POOL DRINKING BEER .Do the math. i have seen every BJ PENN match ,in his prime and since,and openly agree he was one of the most exciting fighters ever.Loyal is one thing, but be realistic. Aw and sorry bout da speling creempuf and the caps lock **** WTF

LMAO Edgar gets his a** kicked in almost every fight bro...
    He can take it, but a P4P fighters don't get beat up in every fight
    Examples?
    Pettis, Jones, Aldo, Barao P4P fighters

BJ will finish him this time... If he CAN'T beat Edgar, it's a wrap!

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• @edh1, Why do you even post here, everything you write is embarrassing to read. Your writing style is obnoxious, your opinions are uninformed and everything seems to be a juvenile attempt to garner unwarranted attention. You make me want to read what @zaksame has to say about...... anything.....
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 809Free
    OMG, OP, really ?!

TUF coaches are all about experience, name, history in the sport and BJ got it all !!

Well Edgar not that much but at least he has fought big names and was the LW champ in the past.
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 420Free
    Swanson has a ton of hype from his last fight but he needs another big win to be deserving of it imo.
    his win over dustin was also big
    "Believe in the beard"

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    NO THANKS, NO ONE WOULD WATCH

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

would really like to see a series of tuf with pat barry as coach
    "Believe in the beard"

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    If you notice the UFC is really stretching for gimmicks,they don't care about who would be the best coaches.Females featuring Rhionda for this show,then we have BjPenn and Dana's BS saying "I KNOW Penn will be the best coach ever" LMAO ya ok Dana you know all right,you know jack ****.I think many are still cycling the thought as to why on earth Penn and Edgar are coaching the next Tuf.

Last i heard they were also working on a country versus country,probably coming up after the Penn-Edgar one.At least that would have some more intrigue but still does not guarantee quality coaching,not like it matters,this is not really about coaching young fighters,it is about marketing the UFC.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Penn would kill any Russian fighter in the UFC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • This is the BJ Penn farewell tour...of course they're going to ride his popularity to a bunch of $$$. I've never heard of a guy, aside from Ken Shamrock, losing 2 fights against 1 guy and being rewarded with a third. I don't see the result changing, though I do think it'll be a much more interesting fight if he comes in in shape and motivated. No disrespect to BJ, he's always been extremely entertaining to watch, and he's an all time great (he has been for a while now), but I haven't seen anything in his last 6 fights that leads me to believe that he has enough to compete at the top of any weight class at this point.

I am glad to hear that he's dedicated to improving his cardio and the shape that he's in in general, and perhaps we will see BJ 2.0, but I just can't envision it coming against a guy that has beaten him twice already at his natural weight. He could pull a Couture and shock the world, but Couture never struggled with the things that BJ has struggled with over the years. I really hope he comes into this fight like the BJ Penn we all remember and makes this fight one to remember, but at the moment I'm thinking that this is a foregone conclusion.

In regard to the Mendes vs. Swanson TUF, that will never happen. There isn't enough interest in either of them to center a TV show around them. I wouldn't mind seeing them fight, but they can't do an entire season of TUF just for them. They both have bright futures, I think they're both great fighters, and they both seem to be decent people, but would they be great TV? I think not.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    Its about ratings.

Nobody would watch that ish kid.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free

Its about ratings.

Nobody would watch that ish kid.

They would if it was at Heavyweight and CT Fletcher was the strength and conditioning coach
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited September 2013

Penn would kill any Russian fighter in the UFC

penn would beat everyone in the ufc and possibly everyone in bellator
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"