The Palhares submission

JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,384Free
Wasn't that **** bad. Stop being a bunch of ****.
The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds

Comments

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,333Free
    UFC withheld the SOTN bonus they said because of it. SMDH

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    _TUF1_ said:

wat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free

Agreed. He let it right up as soon as the ref made contact to stop it. Your're not supposed to stop just because a guy taps especially with all the fake tappers out there.
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,333Free

_TUF1_ said:

wat

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,612Free
    _TUF1_ said:

_TUF1_ said:

wat
    They also announced it at the PC a sec. ago
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Mangasm said:

The ref had to start pulling his grip loose before he finally let that go.

**** Paul Harris.

No he let it go right away.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free

Agreed. He let it right up as soon as the ref made contact to stop it. Your're not supposed to stop just because a guy taps especially with all the fake tappers out there.
    ^ this

BJJ was never ment to stop when there is a Tap...We use the term "Submission" cuz it's a sport and in an ideal world as soon as the Tap happens in the world fake or not the fight is over and the ref ends it

But this is not a perfect world and the term "submission" is not the perfect word for the BJJ moves...they are in fact "Holds" and "Chokes" and those are meant to maim and cause damage and when a Ref does not step in fast enough these Holds and Chokes are meant to be applyed til the ref stops it or the body is broken or the guy passes out...if people take issue with that then tough **** watch boxing or Glory that **** is amazing too
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,073Free

Mangasm said:

The ref had to start pulling his grip loose before he finally let that go.

**** Paul Harris.

No he let it go right away.
    No he doesn't. He even **** torqued it one more time before letting go
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    He did not hold it for that long after

Pierce tapped like as he was falling down, what was Paul supposed to do?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BJJnoobBJJnoob Posts: 4,135Free
    No, palhewjas **** did palharasahgsdf **** **** again. I actually hate him as a fighter.
    "**** you, I won't do what you tell me" - RATM

BruteDion said:

^ this

BJJ was never ment to stop when there is a Tap...We use the term "Submission" cuz it's a sport and in an ideal world as soon as the Tap happens in the world fake or not the fight is over and the ref ends it

But this is not a perfect world and the term "submission" is not the perfect word for the BJJ moves...they are in fact "Holds" and "Chokes" and those are meant to maim and cause damage and when a Ref does not step in fast enough these Holds and Chokes are meant to be applyed til the ref stops it or the body is broken or the guy passes out...if people take issue with that then tough **** watch boxing or Glory that **** is amazing too
    Exactly. No one complained when Mir snaps peoples ****. The difference is leg locks come on very quick and you need to escape or tap sooner and the ref needs to be on it pronto.

BruteDion said:

^ this

Exactly. No one complained when Mir snaps peoples ****. The difference is leg locks come on very quick and you need to escape or tap sooner and the ref needs to be on it pronto.
    Mir snaps bones when his opponent is too big of an idiot to tap. Pierce tapped pretty quickly, but Palhares held on
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,384Free
    Wouldn't mind Rousimar vs Jake Shields.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
    edited October 2013
    Mangasm said:

BruteDion said:

^ this

Mir snaps bones when his opponent is too big of an idiot to tap. Pierce tapped pretty quickly, but Palhares held on
    Pierce hesitated at first then Palhares got a stronger position getting his hips flat on his side ( Pierce should have tapped right there since he wasn't escaping ) then he torqued it full pressure then Pirece finally realized he was in danger from the sharp pain and tapped frantically because he didn't know what he was doing.

You're supposed to keep applying pressure until the ref stops it and that's what Rousimar did.

Post edited by StompGrind on

Mangasm said:

BruteDion said:

^ this

Pierce hesitated at first then Palhares got a stronger position getting his hips flat on his side ( Pierce should have tapped right there ) then he torqued it full pressure then Pirece finally realized he was in danger from the sharp pain and tapped frantically because he didn't know what he was doing.

You're supposed to keep applying pressure until the ref stops it and that's what Rousimar did.

Palhares clearly held on too long, and even gave an extra tug for torque at the end, all while the ref was trying to break it off.

Mangasm said:

Mangasm said:

BruteDion said:

^ this

Pierce hesitated at first then Palhares got a stronger position getting his hips flat on his side ( Pierce should have tapped right there ) then he torqued it full pressure then Pirece finally realized he was in danger from the sharp pain and tapped frantically because he didn't know what he was doing.

Palhares clearly held on too long, and even gave an extra tug for torque at the end, all while the ref was trying to break it off.
    No he let it go like a split second after the ref made contact. Pierce and the refs fault for not being aware of how dangerous Rousimar's hell hook is and how quick it comes on after he secures position.

Powerful Palhares.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free

BruteDion said:

^ this

Indeed but no one knows **** about BJJ here

Heel Hooks are nasty...when u have your arm bent in an Arm bar and once your arm hyperextended past where it is ment to go you feel pain BEFORE damage is done

Your heels/ankles do not work that ways...you didn't feel pain in them time AFTER the Hyperextended heel already happens that's why in BJJ these moves are not allowed til Brown belt level in torneys most of the time

With that being said most people do not know when they are in danger or not cuz there is no pain like there is with other Sub moves...so if a heel hook damages you cuz you didn't take fast enough then it's your fault and this has happened with Palhares so he has developed a bad rap for this
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    BruteDion said:

With that being said most people do not know when they are in danger or not cuz there is no pain like there is with other Sub moves...so if a heel hook damages you cuz you didn't take fast enough then it's your fault and this has happened with Palhares so he has developed a bad rap for this

That's **** and you know it. Look at the Drwal fight. This guy has pulled this **** repeatedly

edited October 2013
    BruteDion said:

BruteDion said:

^ this

Indeed but no one knows **** about BJJ here

Heel Hooks are nasty...when u have your arm bent in an Arm bar and once your arm hyperextended past where it is ment to go you feel pain BEFORE damage is done

Your heels/ankles do not work that ways...you didn't feel pain in them time AFTER the Hyperextended heel already happens that's why in BJJ these moves are not allowed til Brown belt level in torneys most of the time

Yep. I can even agree Palhares has held on too long before after the ref tried to break it up but not this one.

Note that most of them complaining are Pierce fans and or Palhares haters. Sour grapes.
    fobar said:

Paul Harris **** sucks

Powerful Paul Harris! U mad? :)

Post edited by StompGrind on
    I aint even mad lol just dont like the guy :)

• TheSinisterUrgeTheSinisterUrge Posts: 924Free

This has the slow motion replay. It is obvious he held on for longer than a "split second" and did not "let go right away". He doesn't deserve the bonus for that.

This has the slow motion replay. It is obvious he held on for longer than a "split second" and did not "let go right away". He doesn't deserve the bonus for that.

I don't see how ANYONE could argue against proof like that

Is that a HD TV? I need HD son

He does this all the time, why are people surprised. he couldnt give a **** about the other guys career

• TheSinisterUrgeTheSinisterUrge Posts: 924Free
    fobar said:

I think it is from a Brazilian fan recording with a cell phone. Take from that what you will.

fobar said:

I think it is from a Brazilian fan recording with a cell phone. Take from that what you will.
    that dosent help, I need to know. If its not HD then its inconclusive

"Slow Motion replay" from when the ref trys to break it is like what a second and half maybe two. Realtime was maybe a second at most if that.

Look at how the ref is breaking it up lol. This is Mazagatti level bad. He's so clueless. Umm do i slide for home base? umm im gonna try to push my forehead into his legs and see if that works? Derp!