Can Cain velasquez or JDS beat 6'9 330+ NFL players in a fight>

daveholrttdaveholrtt Posts: 12Free
Some of them are over 6'8 and atleast 330 pounds, do you think Cain velasquez or JDS can beat most or all huge NFL players weighing atleast 300 lbs.?
Tagged:

Comments

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    easily

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Most football players that size aren't athletic at all.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    edited October 2013

NUFF SAID

Watching that makes me think that fight was rigged. Werdum clearly positions his head to take the uppercut and there's no chance he'd actually lose to a bum who had never fought in the UFC prior to that.

I think Cain would smash one of the NFL fatties but JDS would get flatlined pretty quickly
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    Yawn *fart*
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free

NUFF SAID

Watching that makes me think that fight was rigged. Werdum clearly positions his head to take the uppercut and there's no chance he'd actually lose to a bum who had never fought in the UFC prior to that.

I think Cain would smash one of the NFL fatties but JDS would get flatlined pretty quickly
    Who in god's name eats 5 extra punches voluntarily by JDS? That's ****ing suicide!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• daveholrttdaveholrtt Posts: 12Free
    Jones is only an inch shorter lol. its about size not height. tall guys suck at fighting in my xp
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,089Premium
    PATSTER said:

Yes you moron

lol no need to be so mean
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    They would walk though anyone

Only one who stood a chance was former player (2 seasons removed) Stephan Neal

At 6 foot 4 and weighing 305....in college he was a 2 time NCAA champion in which he beat Brock Lesnar to win his last title (also the only reason Brock won his title was cuz Neal graduated the year be4)

He also easily a the Pam-Am games and won the Wrestling World Cup...he also won the FIFA award for the best wrestler in the world

Yeah the dude was a damn good wrestler
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free
    edited October 2013
    I think there are plenty of great athletes from other sports who could dominate in MMA if they had chose MMA over the sport they play in. The key is training, they can't just train for a year and step into it. If some great D-lineman had chose MMA instead of football, he would probably be great.

Edit: Also, the guy who said JDS could play "football" must have mistakenly thought the conversation was about soccer.
    Post edited by classicboxer on
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,089Premium

PATSTER said:

Yes you moron

lol no need to be so mean

This guy keeps posting threads about how well a mma heavyweight would do against other big people, I think his last one was about if they could beat bodybuilders lol. I don't think he understands the concept that these guys are fighters who train to fight, and these other guys are not lol.
    people need to expand their knowledge somehow lol, we should all help each other instead of bringing each other down

^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate

I think there are plenty of great athletes from other sports who could dominate in MMA if they had chose MMA over the sport they play in. The key is training, they can't just train for a year and step into it. If some great D-lineman had chose MMA instead of football, he would probably be great.

Edit: Also, the guy who said JDS could play "football" must have mistakenly thought the conversation was about soccer.

go rewatch TUF 13, JDS owned Brock Lesnar who used to be an NFL GOAT in an NFL challenge. Not a coincidence that Brock later retired from all forms of sports.
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
    Jbrahams said:

go rewatch TUF 13, JDS owned Brock Lesnar who used to be an NFL GOAT in an NFL challenge. Not a coincidence that Brock later retired from all forms of sports.
    Brock was an NFL GOAT, lol. He ALMOST made the roster as a backup. Great athlete, but far from a GOAT in any sport he tried.
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Jds could easily but cain hits like a girl so not him.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • cronicmmacronicmma Posts: 57Free
    These guys are trained fighters. They would smash any large nfl players.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    Cain would destroy them all but cicano would probably get KO'd......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    I'm amaze of how many of you doubts JDS....he would destroy those bums its not even funny, he is so elusive and fast I doubt anyone at 300+ pounds could catch him and even so, JDS proved he can take it, and good luck to those guys trying to take JDS down, not to mention keeping him there, in other words, he would punish them on the feet harder than Mir.

Same goes for Cain, he would easily tire any of them and land more significant strikes than the Rothwell fight...
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free
    edited October 2013
    I've seen an out of his prime crazy street fighter and former pro kickboxing champion KO three Saints offensive lineman in about 5 seconds flat. Just BAM, BAM, BOOM and 900+ Lbs. of roastbeef dropped like sacks of potatoes.

No reason why Cain or JDS couldn't do the same.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    JDS/Cain would beat up any man on the planet...that means the guy whose trained karate every day since he was 3 in some remote village would get whooped by them. a normal run-of-the mill football player with minimal training has NO chance just because they have size. i don't think people truly understand how hard MMA fighters train and how good they truly are...it's probably because you only see them against the very best fighters in the world so people don't accurately gauge how easily they'd run though people who don't train UFC ;)
  • Sisti said:

JDS/Cain would beat up any man on the planet...that means the guy whose trained karate every day since he was 3 in some remote village would get whooped by them. a normal run-of-the mill football player with minimal training has NO chance just because they have size. i don't think people truly understand how hard MMA fighters train and how good they truly are...it's probably because you only see them against the very best fighters in the world so people don't accurately gauge how easily they'd run though people who don't train UFC ;)

well said Sisti, well said.
    Love him or Hate him. GSP is the number 1 welterweight in the world and will remain champion until he retires.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Couture was beating up 300+ pound dudes in his debut, and both JDS and Cain are bigger than he was.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
    Sisti said:

Jon Jones' brothers who play football could do what Jones does, it they trained.
  • Sisti said:

Jon Jones' brothers who play football could do what Jones does, it they trained.

Is that a fact? have you met them? have you seen their talent for mma first hand? If not, then shut up and don't presume things as if they where fact.
    Love him or Hate him. GSP is the number 1 welterweight in the world and will remain champion until he retires.

Sisti said:

Is that a fact? have you met them? have you seen their talent for mma first hand? If not, then shut up and don't presume things as if they where fact.
    I can write whatever I want to, just like you. It's obvious that Jones' brothers are better athletes then he is, so why couldn't they? Instead of insults, make an intelligent argument, if you can.