For those whining about Palhares getting cut...

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
...get real.

The dude has been stopped by fighters who will never see UFC gold, like Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher and Hector Lombard, so it's not like he's actually ever going to win a title. In the meanwhile, he puts fighters in jeopardy by going for the most dangerous submission hold in the sport and NOT LETTING GO!

Come on man! There's a measure of sportsmanship involved in fighting. You're not aware of this? I guess you're not much of an athlete. And for those of you that do train, If you support Palhares's approach to competition, you're probably not the kind of athlete that's about to set the Mixed Martial Arts world on fire.

So, I advise you to stop publicly supporting the fighter that the UFC just cut. If you're one of those that do, you just look dumb; you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to call anyone out, though. That would be rude.

I'm going to take a leap of faith and throw this out there; the president of the sport's premiere organization probably has a pretty good idea what's best for perpetuating the existence of MMA. Any gripers? Read the opening statement. He's not a serious threat to any title. I repeat: HE'S NOT A SERIOUS THREAT TO ANY TITLE. He's not even a serious threat to the pecking order of the higher ranked contenders. He's just a silly fighter who hurts people and puts their careers at risk.

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,193Free
    Megasoup said:

Forrest is a can

Post of the year
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    Manhoef said:

I thought you left.

Go away.

Who are you, again? Are you like some little girl that I would slap around? Probably.

Manhoef said:

Megasoup said:

Who are you, again? Are you like some little girl that I would slap around? Probably.

Gotten to.
    You can't just declare "gotten to" and it be correct. You've gotten to nothing.

For real, though, I would slap you around. There wouldn't be a whole lot you could do about it.

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 801Free
    Yea Palhares is a coward. I'm glad he's cut, lets just hope he gets ktfo another 5 times in a row so he's uselss in any organization and can't make a living, like hes putting on other guys with those retard not letting go subs.
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 233Free
    I feel like soup
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
    CoreyAust said:

I feel like soup

My soup would blow your mind. I kept the doors of my convenience store open for quite some time (before eventually succumbing to the inevitable end) from soup sales alone. No one was really all that interested in my cigarettes or candy bars. I still cook the same soups for parties and have even been paid to cater a couple events because of the reputation I've gained from people who've tried my soup.

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    This thread is the thread we deserved, but not the one we needed. I'm hungry now.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,019Free
    I'd poop in your soup. You can call it Spoop

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 831Free
    The simple truth is, even if he had been warned after the event that this was his last chance, the next time Rousimar had a fight, and a leg was available, he would slap a sub on, hold it too long, and would have been cut anyway. I'm not sure if he's capable of letting up in that situation.

I think if Palhares were play-wrestling on the floor with a small child, instincts would take over and he would dive the first available, helpless little limb and hit it with his best kneebar, heel-hook, toe-hold, calf slicer, figure-four (Wooo!), or whatever sinister submission the voices in his head instructed him to utilize.

He would even go on to defend his actions afterward: "his hand is so tiny, I couldn't feel the tap."
  • Love him or Hate him. GSP is the number 1 welterweight in the world and will remain champion until he retires.
  • Fred_Flink_StonedFred_Flink_Stoned Amsterdam,NetherlandsPosts: 206Free
    according to me Palharis didn`t hold the sub for too long,well maybe 1 second.. still this is MMA and not some sport for ****!
  • according to me Palharis didn`t hold the sub for too long,well maybe 1 second.. still this is MMA and not some sport for ****!

LOL didn't read
    Love him or Hate him. GSP is the number 1 welterweight in the world and will remain champion until he retires.
  • so why reply ?

Reply to what?
    Love him or Hate him. GSP is the number 1 welterweight in the world and will remain champion until he retires.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free
    Megasoup said:

...get real.

The dude has been stopped by fighters who will never see UFC gold, like Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher and Hector Lombard, so it's not like he's actually ever going to win a title. In the meanwhile, he puts fighters in jeopardy by going for the most dangerous submission hold in the sport and NOT LETTING GO!

Come on man! There's a measure of sportsmanship involved in fighting. You're not aware of this? I guess you're not much of an athlete. And for those of you that do train, If you support Palhares's approach to competition, you're probably not the kind of athlete that's about to set the Mixed Martial Arts world on fire.

So, I advise you to stop publicly supporting the fighter that the UFC just cut. If you're one of those that do, you just look dumb; you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to call anyone out, though. That would be rude.

I'm going to take a leap of faith and throw this out there; the president of the sport's premiere organization probably has a pretty good idea what's best for perpetuating the existence of MMA. Any gripers? Read the opening statement. He's not a serious threat to any title. I repeat: HE'S NOT A SERIOUS THREAT TO ANY TITLE. He's not even a serious threat to the pecking order of the higher ranked contenders. He's just a silly fighter who hurts people and puts their careers at risk.

Leg locks, ankle locks, knee bars, etc. aren't as dangerous as chokes. Painful, but not dangerous.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    UFC is getting soft and weak... and way too commercial.. it will never ever be a mainstream sport..ever. so please stop trying and start cutting those wall n stall and other fight avoiding fighters and bring in some action.starting by bringing palhares back and put him up against Nick Diaz ^:)^
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    it was a dumb move...part of the problem of the UFC is dana white has way too much power. power is like a strong drink, not everyone can handle it.

this isn't the first weird cut by DW. okami, daley (LIFETIME ban, WTF?), fitch, etc. he seems to cut people that aren't his buddies and gives his friends preferential treatment. the problem is that no reporter has enough balls to grill him on this and all the tough questions are asked on the internet (and there people are too harsch). ufc does need to realize that you are messing with people's ENTIRE lives by 1-second decisions. poulhares SHOULD have bans or fines or even more, but telling him he can't fight in the UFC when he literally spent his entire life training to be there is BS

ufc has such a good thing going and they ruin their chances of being what they are capable of by consistently making moves based on emotions and not a thought-out process...lifetime bans or immediate cuts should have to go through a panel and long process. NO WAY mlb or any other major sports organization would be able to ban someone that quick because of a 1 second mistake. now I know people will say it could have broken someone's leg. no, he is a professional and there's a big difference between stupidly holding on a second too long and refusing to let go for 10 seconds and purposely breaking someone's leg
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 803Free
    I agree that Palhares is a mediocre/one dimensional fighter who will get KOd by ANY good striker with ok ground game (Lombard, Marquart and Belcher are good examples of that) so Plahares would never fight for the belt let alone be the champion.

However, Dana over reacted and he DOES protect some guys .. lets NOT deny it !
  • MMAGunsMMAGuns Posts: 193Free
    Here is Palhares holding onto some poor bastard's neck until the ref had to pry his hands off.

Brown
    Gus
    Machida
    Condit
    Cerone
    Edgar
    Faber
    Uncle Creepy
    Rousey
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I would have canned Palhares the first time he tested positive for roids.
    I would let him fight if i can be the ref with a taser gun :D
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    Hey Megaspoop

do you think EVERY fighter on the UFC roster could be champion? So let's see, the fifty odd cans that barely get noticed or loseto every legit fighter they face could one day he a UFC champion? I cbf naming them all so I'll pick one guaranteed bum at random... Bisping? Could be champ? if not, then your argument is irrelevant.

ANZAC like a boss

Ozpride said:

Hey Megaspoop

do you think EVERY fighter on the UFC roster could be champion? So let's see, the fifty odd cans that barely get noticed or loseto every legit fighter they face could one day he a UFC champion? I cbf naming them all so I'll pick one guaranteed bum at random... Bisping? Could be champ? if not, then your argument is irrelevant.

With all due respect, I'm not completely sure what your argument is. Sometimes I probably post things that aren't clear to everyone, either, so I'm not trying to level an insult your way. Anyway, I'll respond to my what would be my best guess about your criticism of my original post.

I'm not saying that Palhares was rightfully cut because he wasn't championship material. I'm saying that he was rightfully cut because he unnecessarily threatens the careers of his fellow fighters. That he isn't championship material, is simply an explanation that his absence is no big loss to the world of MMA.

Thhe key word is career. Imagine if you were an attorney or a physician or top administrator at a public school. These are highly-coveted positions that are hard to achieve; much like finding yourself on the roster of the UFC. To intentionally inflict damage to a fighter after the bout is over, even if it's only over by a fraction of a second, is unaccceptable. Anyone who argues against this is either stupid or just doesn't understand the sport. If you are following this sport to the degree where you open up an online account and begin posting on this forum and you still don't understand this, I am telling you that you are stupid.

There, I've said it; a lot of people here are stupid. That's the line I've drawn. On one side there are people that are clearly stupid, on the other side are people who have not made it so clear (they may still be stupid, they just haven't proved it in this example.)

ahh so Joe Rogan is stupid. Got
    Megasoup said:

Ozpride said:

Hey Megaspoop

With all due respect, I'm not completely sure what your argument is. Sometimes I probably post things that aren't clear to everyone, either, so I'm not trying to level an insult your way. Anyway, I'll respond to my what would be my best guess about your criticism of my original post.

I'm not saying that Palhares was rightfully cut because he wasn't championship material. I'm saying that he was rightfully cut because he unnecessarily threatens the careers of his fellow fighters. That he isn't championship material, is simply an explanation that his absence is no big loss to the world of MMA.

Thhe key word is career. Imagine if you were an attorney or a physician or top administrator at a public school. These are highly-coveted positions that are hard to achieve; much like finding yourself on the roster of the UFC. To intentionally inflict damage to a fighter after the bout is over, even if it's only over by a fraction of a second, is unaccceptable. Anyone who argues against this is either stupid or just doesn't understand the sport. If you are following this sport to the degree where you open up an online account and begin posting on this forum and you still don't understand this, I am telling you that you are stupid.

There, I've said it; a lot of people here are stupid. That's the line I've drawn. On one side there are people that are clearly stupid, on the other side are people who have not made it so clear (they may still be stupid, they just haven't proved it in this example.)
    Ahh so Joe Rogan is stupid. Got it

ANZAC like a boss

ahh so Joe Rogan is stupid. Got
    Megasoup said:

Ozpride said:

Hey Megaspoop

Ahh so Joe Rogan is stupid. Got it

ANZAC like a boss

• Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 456Free
    Megasoup said:

Manhoef said:

Megasoup said:

Gotten to.
    You can't just declare "gotten to" and it be correct. You've gotten to nothing.

For real, though, I would slap you around. There wouldn't be a whole lot you could do about it.

If you would train MMA, you would probebly not set the mma world on fire you bum. respect the Carnage..you pregenant on Ben & Jerrys over depressive sissy.
    WAR 209 !

I agree that Palhares is a mediocre/one dimensional fighter who will get KOd by ANY good striker with ok ground game (Lombard, Marquart and Belcher are good examples of that) so Plahares would never fight for the belt let alone be the champion.

However, Dana over reacted and he DOES protect some guys .. lets NOT deny it !

Spot on
    WAR 209 !

Manhoef said:

I thought you left.

Go away.

You slap little girls?

On topic, Palhares isn't the brightest bulb in the box and surely the refs know this. The ref in his last fight took forever to even get near him, as soon as that lock was on the ref should have been standing over them.
    The guy is a risk and not one the UFC wants in their organization so Dana got rid, rightly or wrongly.