So where does JDS go from here???

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
Well he lost to Cain twice now...but it's also hard not to think he's the clear cut second best guy at HW

So I ask what should JDS do?...what should Dana do with him?

Have him just pummel up contenders so they don't make it to Cain?...I hope not
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    Just cut the can...
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free
    He isn't the clear cut second best. Hunto is.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    He'll just run threw the rest of the division until he gets another shot. If Cains still champ it will take a while if he gets beat it will come sooner, it's not like a 4th fight would be uninteresting Junior rocked Cain a few times and really hurt him at the start of the fight we know he can finish him when he can get space and isn't getting pinned against the fence he needs a different strategy that's for sure.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,140Free

He'll just run threw the rest of the division until he gets another shot. If Cains still champ it will take a while if he gets beat it will come sooner, it's not like a 4th fight would be uninteresting Junior rocked Cain a few times and really hurt him at the start of the fight we know he can finish him when he can get space and isn't getting pinned against the fence he needs a different strategy that's for sure.

I dont think he can win unless he leaves that camp of yes men and cans he calls sparring partners. He basically fought the same fight he fought the last time. His team must be seriously retarded to come up with the same strategy again. Everyone knew Cain would bullrush and pin him ot the fence and leave him little to no space. That's why I didnt bet anything on this fight.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,072Free
    Dropping down to 205 would have been a good idea, because he never seemed like a naturally huge guy like the Lesnars and Carwins of this world. Well, he's only 240lbs. So he only needs to shed 10lbs.
    We know that as long as Cain is champion JDS has no purpose in staying at HW other than beating cans. All the good HWs he has already beaten. Overeem would duck him at all cost.

He'd have a good chance climbing fast to a title shot at LHW. Unless Cormier crosses his path and performs a Cain IV on him.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
    JDS vs Cain 4 after winning his next fight, Cain is the King and JDS is #2!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    And I think JDS should change camps and go somewhere with legit HW sparring partners. He'll continue to knock HWs out regardless but Cain will continue to beat him unless he get better training.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free

^ JDS could NEVER make 205.

Only if Zaksame taught him the secrets of weight cutting from the legs.

Only if Zaksame taught him the secrets of weight cutting from the legs.
    I don't think they have the technology in Brazil.

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,202Free
    As much as I like to see a great HW battle, I don't want these two to fight again for at least for another 3 years. Junior will undoubtedly be number 2 which is nothing to be ashamed about but he's had his chances. Cain and Junior deserve a break from each other.
    What??
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 846Free
    MilesGun said:

I dont think he can win unless he leaves that camp of yes men and cans he calls sparring partners. He basically fought the same fight he fought the last time. His team must be seriously retarded to come up with the same strategy again. Everyone knew Cain would bullrush and pin him ot the fence and leave him little to no space. That's why I didnt bet anything on this fight.
    Thank you ! This ^

I would like to see JDS with a DECENT CAMP/TEAM.

Back to the topic now ..

JDS will have to clean out the division to fight Cain again (I mean literally beat everybody including new upcomers). If Cain loses then yes JDS will get an earlier shot.

NEXT will be Reem (if he beats Mir), mark my words.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    He should go to Bellator and have superfights with Kongo and Rampage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Immediate rematch with the canvas.
    Believe in Beard
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free

"Lombard could NEVER make 170"
    "Palhares could NEVER make 170"
    "Kenflo could NEVER make 145"
    "BJ could NEVER make 145"
    "Marquardt could NEVER make 170"

List goes on and on...JDS if he stopped lifting and got the right Nutritionist I think he could

I'm not saying he should but I think he could if he wanted to...I do doubt he would be able to fight at often as he does if he did cut weight...for a HW JDS fights very often
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
    BruteDion said:

List goes on and on...JDS if he stopped lifting and got the right Nutritionist I think he could

I'm not saying he should but I think he could if he wanted to...I do doubt he would be able to fight at often as he does if he did cut weight...for a HW JDS fights very often
    BJ HAS NEVER MADE 145 IMO NEVER WILL, he knows Edgar does not mind fighting at LW, he knows right now it will be at 155, JDS would have to drop some serious muscle to make 205
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    lmao...

JDS is a stocky 6'4 and is ripped.

There is absolutely no reason he should even think about dropping.
    edh1 said:

JDS would have to drop some serious muscle to make 205

FFS! JDS only weighs 240lbs for crying out loud. He'd only need to get rid of 10-15lbs. That's it. LHWs cut from 220-230lbs.
    Griffin cut from 235lbs.

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    najma said:

edh1 said:

JDS would have to drop some serious muscle to make 205

FFS! JDS only weighs 240lbs for crying out loud. He'd only need to get rid of 10-15lbs. That's it. LHWs cut from 220-230lbs.
    Griffin cut from 235lbs.

Theres a difference between walking around weight and fight weight.

JDS would have to lose 10-15 lbs of pure muscle. why on earth would he do that

Theres a difference between walking around weight and fight weight.

Obviously.
    There's a difference between cutting weight (for weigh ins) and losing weight.

JDS would have to lose 10-15 lbs of pure muscle. why on earth would he do that

To fight at 205. Doh.
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,331Free
    Disneyland? Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing JDS vs. Bigfoot.
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    MilesGun said:

well said...
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,488Free
    I said this lastnight and I'll say it again... if it weren't for Cain Velasquez, JDS would EASILY be the kingpin of that division. There's still interesting matchups out there for him... fights with Barnett and Browne would be interesting. A rematch with Werdum will be a good fight. The thing is that there's not a lot of up and coming guys in the division, so he can't really act as a gatekeeper. I also agree with what MilesGun said about him changing camps... imagine if JDS worked with Nova Uniao? But yeah I think he still has some interesting fights out there. Not really sure where he should go though.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    Disneyland?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Ares11 said:

I said this lastnight and I'll say it again... if it weren't for Cain Velasquez, JDS would EASILY be the kingpin of that division. There's still interesting matchups out there for him... fights with Barnett and Browne would be interesting. A rematch with Werdum will be a good fight. The thing is that there's not a lot of up and coming guys in the division, so he can't really act as a gatekeeper. I also agree with what MilesGun said about him changing camps... imagine if JDS worked with Nova Uniao? But yeah I think he still has some interesting fights out there. Not really sure where he should go though.

Who's really up and coming in the division?...no one outside the top 10 looks like they will break into the top 5 at all
    Sig record
    40-21

BruteDion said:

BruteDion said:

I suppose you have a point but the difference between all of these guys is JDS removing and leaning out 40lbs as opposed to 10-15. JDS looks lean for 240 I think he'd have to not fight for a good 2 years in order to even make a legit attempt at 205.

BruteDion said:

BruteDion said:

I suppose you have a point but the difference between all of these guys is JDS removing and leaning out 40lbs as opposed to 10-15. JDS looks lean for 240 I think he'd have to not fight for a good 2 years in order to even make a legit attempt at 205.
    I'm not saying it would be easy but when it comes to athletes most of all top world ones I tend to believe if they commit to it that they can do it more times then not

It's know JDS likes to lift...he would have to stop and maybe only do heavy lifting maybe once a week

I remember Ray Lewis cut 20+ pounds a year ago by just biking 40 miles a day and didn't change anything else in his life

If JDS focuses on cardio way more then lifting he could cut a lot...I'm not saying bike everyday but just commit to it and I think he could

But yes it would take time...but 2 years to lose 40?...I know college wrestler and boxers who can do that in 3 weeks
    Sig record
    40-21

• I'd like to see him take some time off. He doesn't have much to prove other than that the beating he sustained won't kill him. He can't really improve his standing in the division with wins, but he can certainly hurt it by losing. If I were him I'd take a nice vacation. Heal up, get your mind right, make sure Cain hasn't done any permanent, irreparable damage to you and just hope that somebody can pull an upset on the champ. He needs to work on a lot of stuff before he's ready to fight Cain again anyway, so just take your time. Rushing back would be the worst decision in my mind.
  • c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    Mhmm maybe Stipe? hes fought most guys in the divisiob