Why don't people like Mark Munõz?

Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,486Free
I never really paid attention to him before now for some reason partly because I'm a fairly new MMA fan, but he's such a nice dude, pretty great fighter and I think the struggles he's been through makes him more relatable to me. Definitely becoming one of my favorites. If he goes out there and has a great fight on Saturday he'll have a huge fan in me.
Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
LW: Cowboy, Khabib
FW: McGregor, Poirier
BW: McDonald
FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

Comments

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    He's got a tall order in Lyoto but if by some how he pulls It off I want to see him fight for the title

He has the best GNP at MW...and if he's 100% I think he give Weidman a way tougher fight (assuming Weidman still has the title)
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,486Free
    BruteDion said:

He's got a tall order in Lyoto but if by some how he pulls It off I want to see him fight for the title

He has the best GNP at MW...and if he's 100% I think he give Weidman a way tougher fight (assuming Weidman still has the title)

Agreed... I know people say he makes excuses but I watched all I his UFC fights in the past two days and he just didn't seem himself in that Weidman fight. And I agree with you saying he has the best GNP at middleweight.
    Favorite fighters:

WAR Elysium MMA

• Munoz is a boss. Always liked him. Mostly because he's from the 707. But he's one of the nicest guys in the sport, has vicious GnP and is constantly improving. He has a nice gym going for himself too. I think he will start to work his way back up the ladder. He looked really solid in his last fight. Always glad to see Munoz win
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • coco_austincoco_austin Posts: 197Free
    I've got to wrestle him before,he's a VERY NICE GUY! That being said after wrestling him I don't think he is top 5 by any means.
  • He seems like a genuinely nice guy and I enjoy watching him fight. I could understand if people don't love his style, but you can't hate on the guy.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free

Munoz is a boss. Always liked him. Mostly because he's from the 707. But he's one of the nicest guys in the sport, has vicious GnP and is constantly improving. He has a nice gym going for himself too. I think he will start to work his way back up the ladder. He looked really solid in his last fight. Always glad to see Munoz win

AGREE
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,091Free
    Mangasm said:

The big problem is the UFC constantly pushing him as a top 5 MW, despite being above average at best

is that why the Spitts ducked him hard? Munoz is top 5.

1. Weidman
    2. Anderson
    3. Vitor
    4. Souza
    5. Munoz

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free

I've got to wrestle him before,he's a VERY NICE GUY! That being said after wrestling him I don't think he is top 5 by any means.

Pics or it didnt happen.

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,306Free
    I like him both as a fighter and a person from what i've seen/heard but he's just not very consistent fighter and i don't think he's as mentally strong as he could be.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,380Free
    I like Munoz. Nothing to hate about the guy in my opinion.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,202Free
    I think a lot of mma fans like Munoz. He is a down to earth kind of guy.
    What??
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free
    Munoz is a great fighter and seems like a cool dude. I always thought it was weird that he got tons of hate for nothing.
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Yeah I don't know what the hate is for, seems like a really cool dude and he's usually pretty fun to watch. Too bad he has to get decisioned by Machida though.
    Bet Record: 2-3
    Galvanik said:

Yeah I don't know what the hate is for, seems like a really cool dude and he's usually pretty fun to watch. Too bad he has to get decisioned by Machida though.

I'm picking Munoz in that fight via actually fighting, instead of standing around the entire fight.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,486Free
    PoloRidah said:

Galvanik said:

I'm picking Munoz in that fight via actually fighting, instead of standing around the entire fight.
    I also picked Muñoz but it's a tough fight for him. If Machida implements a game plan similar to the Phil Davis fight, Muñoz has a good shot of winning. If Machida is aggressive, it'll be tough for Mark to win.
    Favorite fighters:

WAR Elysium MMA

Ares11 said:

PoloRidah said:

Galvanik said:

I also picked Muñoz but it's a tough fight for him. If Machida implements a game plan similar to the Phil Davis fight, Muñoz has a good shot of winning. If Machida is aggressive, it'll be tough for Mark to win.
    No chance in hell that Machida comes out aggressive. It will be the same Machida that fought Hendo and Davis.

The question will be, can Munoz avoid the counters that Machida will throw like Davis did.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Ares11 said:

PoloRidah said:

Galvanik said:

No chance in hell that Machida comes out aggressive. It will be the same Machida that fought Hendo and Davis.

The question will be, can Munoz avoid the counters that Machida will throw like Davis did.
    Hendo and Davis couldn't beat him, neither will Munoz. Their styles play right into his hands, they all fall to The Dragon.

PoloRidah said:

Ares11 said:

PoloRidah said:

Galvanik said:

Hendo and Davis couldn't beat him, neither will Munoz. Their styles play right into his hands, they all fall to The Dragon.
    Hendo and Davis both beat Machida. lol

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

Ares11 said:

PoloRidah said:

Galvanik said:

Even without the lol I wouldn't believe that you believe that.

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

Ares11 said:

PoloRidah said:

Galvanik said:

Even without the lol I wouldn't believe that you believe that.
    Believe it bro.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    BruteDion said:

best GNP at middleweight? lol...

weidman disagrees.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,433Free
    I dont have a problem with Munoz he seems like a nice guy but I'm picking Machida to win and I think Bisping would have beat him to.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 837Free

BruteDion said:

best GNP at middleweight? lol...

weidman disagrees.
    I can scarcely think of a fight where a guy ate more completely unnecessary shots.
  • coco_austincoco_austin Posts: 197Free
    AxeMurduh said:

Pics or it didnt happen.

Why did you flag my post? He was a guest coach at the wrestling camp I went to.
    Don't get me wrong he beat me ofcourse BUT I thought it would have been alot worse than it was.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    because he is an uncle tom
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
    Because he lost to Weidman in davastating fashion, there was a time where Munoz was a fan favorite!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 843Free
    I loved Munoz but I dont see him wearing that belt
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    i never had a problem with munoz. he seems like a nice dude. i dont know why people dislike him, i guess......
    Haters_Gonna_Hate_23.jpg
    523 x 600 - 62K
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    i like him but i dont like his chances against machida
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion