Would Brock Lesnars WWE appearences take away ring rust if he was to return

rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
Personally, I would love to see the beast incarnate back in MMA.

If he was to make his return how would he fair and who would he face? Well I would place him against a mid carder like Travis Browne who he can cut his teeth against.
Now he has been out of the UFC for quite some time however he has competed in the WWE where he has put on some fantastic performances in knocking out HHH and CM Punk. He also put up an excellent fight against John Cena before Cena cheated to win.

I believe this will take away the factor of ring rust because he has been competing regularly in the WWE.

Discuss

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
    edited October 2013
    Lol ring rust or not won't take away his glass body his opponents will just target him there everytime
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,632Free

Personally, I would love to see the beast incarnate back in MMA.

he has put on some fantastic performances in knocking out HHH and CM Punk. He also put up an excellent fight against John Cena before Cena cheated to win.

I believe this will take away the factor of ring rust because he has been competing regularly in the WWE.

Discuss

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
    Wrong Section
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,959Free
    I doubt it would help at all, but heck yes it would be cool.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,786Ultimate
    Mid carder like Browne? He's like arguably Top 5 right now, did you stop watching for the last 2 years? Lol
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    Jbrahams said:

Mid carder like Browne? He's like arguably Top 5 right now, did you stop watching for the last 2 years? Lol

Lol top 5? Maybe because HW is shallow, but Browne is definitely a mid-carder.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,414Free
    Jbrahams said:

top 5?

For losing to Bigfoot, dqing himself in the Gonzaga fight and tapping to strikes against Reem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    edited October 2013
    Awesome thread. In all honesty, doing the fake wrasslin' would be a huge negative if one wants to do MMA. The damage your body absorbs during a pre-determined exhibition is just ridiculous. It's one of the main reasons why Kurt Angle, who thought about transitioning to MMA on more than one occasion, never could make the change. His body was far too damaged from the circus that is professional wrestling.

I'd love to see Brock come back but it's just not going to happen. He's rich and he's fine with making money by showing up on a WWE PPV every couple of months. If he did come back, the UFC could just book him against heavyweight cans with poor TDD in order to up the buyrates for PPV events. He'd be nothing but a cash cow for the UFC.
    Post edited by ijosef on
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    just the other day i read an article on BR about the mount rushmore of the HW's and jonathon snowden actually included bork.

brock is born on this earth to be in wwe. he's one of the worst fighters i have ever seen in the ufc, and if he comes back he would get demolished by anyone good, just like his first stint.

i would actually say that the sport has evolved and he hasnt been training so it would be even worse than the first time. e.g travis browne would dummy him inside of 1 round and he would retire in the ring again
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free
    Brock is a lot like JDS. He has one trick he's good at but if you can shut that down he's nothing.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,665Free

Brock is a lot like JDS. He has one trick he's good at but if you can shut that down he's nothing.

Agreed and wrestlers > boxers. JDS ducked Brock hard
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,786Ultimate

Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

top 5?

For losing to Bigfoot, dqing himself in the Gonzaga fight and tapping to strikes against Reem
    Go check UFC rankings, he is number 5. Mid card is usually like from Number 15, Browne is DEFINITELY not midcard
    UFC Community account: _Josh_

JDS would have messed him up
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,401Free
    omfg hell no

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

Brock:

Championships and accomplishments
    Collegiate wrestling

Big Ten Conference
    Big Ten Conference Champion (1999, 2000)
    Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference (2000)
    National Collegiate Athletic Association
    NCAA Division I Runner-up (1999)
    NCAA Division I Champion (2000)
    North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
    Heavyweight Champion (1997–1999)[188]
    National Junior College Athletic Association
    NJCAA All-American (1997, 1998)
    Junior College National Champion (1998)

Mixed martial arts

Ultimate Fighting Championship
    UFC Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    Two successful title defenses and title unifications
    Longest reign as Heavyweight Champion in UFC history - 707 days
    Submission of the Night (1 time)
    Tied (Randy Couture, Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia) for most consecutive heavyweight title defenses (Two)
    Only man in UFC history to earn consecutive wins over three reigning UFC champions[189]
    Only second fighter in UFC history to win title in his fourth pro fight (after Randy Couture)
    Only person to ever win the NCAA Division I Heavyweight Championship and the UFC Title
    Only second person to win a Professional Wrestling and MMA World Championship (after Ken Shamrock)
    Headlined two highest PPV events in the UFC history (UFC 100, UFC 116)
    Headlined four out of six highest PPV events in the UFC history
    Cover Athlete for UFC Undisputed 2010
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    Best Box Office Draw (2008–2010)[190]
    MMA Most Valuable Fighter (2008–2010)[190]
    Sherdog Awards
    Beatdown of the Year (2009)[191]
    World MMA Awards
    Breakthrough Fighter of the Year (2009)[192]
    Sports Illustrated (SI.com)
    Top Newcomer of the Year (2008)[193]
    Inside Fights
    Rookie of the Year (2008)[194]
    Biggest Draw (2008)[194]
    Spike Guys' Choice Awards
    Most Dangerous Man (2009)

Professional wrestling
    Brock Lesnar as WWE Champion

New Japan Pro Wrestling/ Inoki Genome Federation
    IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[55]1
    Ohio Valley Wrestling
    OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Shelton Benjamin[20]
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle[195]
    PWI Match of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle – a 60 minute Iron Man match on SmackDown!, September 16[196]
    PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2002)[197]
    PWI Wrestler of the Year (2002)[198]
    PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003[199]
    World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Championship (3 times)2[200]
    King of the Ring (2002)[7]
    Royal Rumble (2003)[8]
    Best Brawler (2003)[201]
    Best Wrestling Maneuver (2002) F-5
    Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle[202]
    Most Improved Wrestler (2002, 2003)[203]

Junior:

Mixed Martial Arts

UFC Heavyweight Championship (One time)
    One successful title defense
    Knockout of the Night (Three times)
    Fight of the Night (One time)
    Longest winning streak in the UFC Heavyweight division (9)

FIGHT! Magazine
    Upset of the Year (2008) vs. Fabricio Werdum on October 25

Pretty obvious Brock would molest him
  • rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    kyo_sa said:

just the other day i read an article on BR about the mount rushmore of the HW's and jonathon snowden actually included bork.

brock is born on this earth to be in wwe. he's one of the worst fighters i have ever seen in the ufc, and if he comes back he would get demolished by anyone good, just like his first stint.

i would actually say that the sport has evolved and he hasnt been training so it would be even worse than the first time. e.g travis browne would dummy him inside of 1 round and he would retire in the ring again

This is ridiculous. You have to look at the level of competition they have faced.

Travis has hardly looked impressive recently whilst Brock Lesnar has been putting on fight of the night performances against HHH and CM Punk.
    Obviously the WWE is fake however the level of athleticism shown by Cena just highlights that Cena himself is on another level and would school travis browne.

And Browne is extremely midcard, he is just above jobbing status and whilst he may find himself in the upper midcard I doubt he could compete against the likes of Shawn Michaels and Cain V

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 425Free
    Brock is too afraid of getting hit but he would easily crush anyone in the prelims.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 846Free
    OP must be kidding !

But yes, I would like to see Brock back !

Brock:

Collegiate wrestling

Big Ten Conference
    Big Ten Conference Champion (1999, 2000)
    Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten Conference (2000)
    National Collegiate Athletic Association
    NCAA Division I Runner-up (1999)
    NCAA Division I Champion (2000)
    North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
    Heavyweight Champion (1997–1999)[188]
    National Junior College Athletic Association
    NJCAA All-American (1997, 1998)
    Junior College National Champion (1998)

Mixed martial arts

UFC Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    Two successful title defenses and title unifications
    Longest reign as Heavyweight Champion in UFC history - 707 days
    Submission of the Night (1 time)
    Tied (Randy Couture, Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia) for most consecutive heavyweight title defenses (Two)
    Only man in UFC history to earn consecutive wins over three reigning UFC champions[189]
    Only second fighter in UFC history to win title in his fourth pro fight (after Randy Couture)
    Only person to ever win the NCAA Division I Heavyweight Championship and the UFC Title
    Only second person to win a Professional Wrestling and MMA World Championship (after Ken Shamrock)
    Headlined two highest PPV events in the UFC history (UFC 100, UFC 116)
    Headlined four out of six highest PPV events in the UFC history
    Cover Athlete for UFC Undisputed 2010
    Best Box Office Draw (2008–2010)[190]
    MMA Most Valuable Fighter (2008–2010)[190]
    Sherdog Awards
    Beatdown of the Year (2009)[191]
    World MMA Awards
    Breakthrough Fighter of the Year (2009)[192]
    Sports Illustrated (SI.com)
    Top Newcomer of the Year (2008)[193]
    Inside Fights
    Rookie of the Year (2008)[194]
    Biggest Draw (2008)[194]
    Spike Guys' Choice Awards
    Most Dangerous Man (2009)

Professional wrestling
    Brock Lesnar as WWE Champion

New Japan Pro Wrestling/ Inoki Genome Federation
    IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[55]1
    Ohio Valley Wrestling
    OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Shelton Benjamin[20]
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle[195]
    PWI Match of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle – a 60 minute Iron Man match on SmackDown!, September 16[196]
    PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2002)[197]
    PWI Wrestler of the Year (2002)[198]
    PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003[199]
    World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Championship (3 times)2[200]
    King of the Ring (2002)[7]
    Royal Rumble (2003)[8]
    Best Brawler (2003)[201]
    Best Wrestling Maneuver (2002) F-5
    Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle[202]
    Most Improved Wrestler (2002, 2003)[203]

Junior:

Mixed Martial Arts

UFC Heavyweight Championship (One time)
    One successful title defense
    Knockout of the Night (Three times)
    Fight of the Night (One time)
    Longest winning streak in the UFC Heavyweight division (9)

FIGHT! Magazine
    Upset of the Year (2008) vs. Fabricio Werdum on October 25

Pretty obvious Brock would molest him
    Even if Lesnar got him down before he got slept Junior could take everything he had till Brock got tired then put his lights out or make him tap to body shots.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    why would I be kidding? So what your basically saying is if you don't have a fight in the UFC your not ready to compete in it? Thats ridiculous. The timing he has in the WWE would prepare him. Excellent example is Jose Aldo who had his timing down by fighting in the WEC before coming to the UFC.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • I'm sorry, no offense here, but anybody trying to compare real fighting to fake fighting is a lunatic. Let's be real. Athleticism means nothing if you're unfamiliar with MMA techniques, so lets not talk about WWE guys being in the same category as a guy in MMA just because they're physically fit and perform well in staged events.

With that being said, I respect what Brock has accomplished, but its been proven that he's not a legit mixed martial artist. He found success at being able to beat guys who do things similarly to what he does and he was simply bigger, stronger, and faster than them, so he was able to win. Heavyweight is pretty thin, but I'd still pick the majority of the top ten to beat him at this point and it has nothing to do with the aftermath of the diverticulitis; its simply due to the fact that most of them have skills he can't match up to. Anybody with halfway decent takedown defense will likely win a decision, and anybody with elite striking or BJJ would likely finish him in a 3 round fight.

So it doesn't really matter what he's done to guys like HHH or John Cena, because inside the octagon he'd likely get worked by guys like Stipe Miocic at this point, and yes ring rust would play a large part of that. There is no substitute for high level MMA competition. He would certainly find himself having to adjust to the speed of MMA once again and having to get used to being hit for real, which is something he's clearly never enjoyed. Brock belongs in WWE and will stay there, which is the most logical decision. He's created a successful situation for himself there with his personality and will continue to be a fan favorite for a long time.

I'm sorry, no offense here, but anybody trying to compare real fighting to fake fighting is a lunatic. Let's be real. Athleticism means nothing if you're unfamiliar with MMA techniques, so lets not talk about WWE guys being in the same category as a guy in MMA just because they're physically fit and perform well in staged events.

With that being said, I respect what Brock has accomplished, but its been proven that he's not a legit mixed martial artist. He found success at being able to beat guys who do things similarly to what he does and he was simply bigger, stronger, and faster than them, so he was able to win. Heavyweight is pretty thin, but I'd still pick the majority of the top ten to beat him at this point and it has nothing to do with the aftermath of the diverticulitis; its simply due to the fact that most of them have skills he can't match up to. Anybody with halfway decent takedown defense will likely win a decision, and anybody with elite striking or BJJ would likely finish him in a 3 round fight.

So it doesn't really matter what he's done to guys like HHH or John Cena, because inside the octagon he'd likely get worked by guys like Stipe Miocic at this point, and yes ring rust would play a large part of that. There is no substitute for high level MMA competition. He would certainly find himself having to adjust to the speed of MMA once again and having to get used to being hit for real, which is something he's clearly never enjoyed. Brock belongs in WWE and will stay there, which is the most logical decision. He's created a successful situation for himself there with his personality and will continue to be a fan favorite for a long time.

This is a ridiculous statement to make. It's all excellent sparring for Lesnar. For example, Lesnar took Cena down with a double leg and drove in an elbow which would have been capable of putting lesser competitors away. Im sorry by Cena and HHH are alot stronger and have alot more experience when it comes to fighting than the likes of stipe miocic and Travis Browne.

and on the chin thing. Lesnar kicked out of a pedigree at mania. Yes he was meant too but the ability to not get rocked when your head gets thrown into the mat is something you cannot dispute.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:

I'm sorry, no offense here, but anybody trying to compare real fighting to fake fighting is a lunatic. Let's be real. Athleticism means nothing if you're unfamiliar with MMA techniques, so lets not talk about WWE guys being in the same category as a guy in MMA just because they're physically fit and perform well in staged events.

This is a ridiculous statement to make. It's all excellent sparring for Lesnar. For example, Lesnar took Cena down with a double leg and drove in an elbow which would have been capable of putting lesser competitors away. Im sorry by Cena and HHH are alot stronger and have alot more experience when it comes to fighting than the likes of stipe miocic and Travis Browne.

and on the chin thing. Lesnar kicked out of a pedigree at mania. Yes he was meant too but the ability to not get rocked when your head gets thrown into the mat is something you cannot dispute.
    this man knows his stuff

Only men with iron chins like Rampage, Tito and Brock can make it in pro wrestling
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,959Free
    I think Brock Lesnar would whip Overeem's **** now. I also think he'd give a good fight to many of the HWs in the UFC.
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

top 5?

Go check UFC rankings, he is number 5. Mid card is usually like from Number 15, Browne is DEFINITELY not midcard
    Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

top 5?

Like I said, he's top 5 do marketing purposes. He's still a mid-carder, where he belongs.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free

kyo_sa said:

This is ridiculous. You have to look at the level of competition they have faced.

Travis has hardly looked impressive recently whilst Brock Lesnar has been putting on fight of the night performances against HHH and CM Punk.
    Obviously the WWE is fake however the level of athleticism shown by Cena just highlights that Cena himself is on another level and would school travis browne.

And Browne is extremely midcard, he is just above jobbing status and whilst he may find himself in the upper midcard I doubt he could compete against the likes of Shawn Michaels and Cain V

on this forum full of teenagers, im actually wondering if your being serious
    skullbone said:

I think Brock Lesnar would whip Overeem's **** now. I.

edited October 2013
    skullbone said:

I think Brock Lesnar would whip Overeem's **** now. I also think he'd give a good fight to many of the HWs in the UFC.

Their first fight was fixed to help get Overeem over as a star in Lesnar's retirement fight. Too bad he had to go and lose to Big Goof Silva.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
    kyo_sa said:

kyo_sa said:

on this forum full of teenagers, im actually wondering if your being serious
    TBH I don't even know what your on about. Brock Lesnar is one of the best athletes to ever grace the sport and with the training he has had recently and the impact of bringing back a manager like Paul Heyman cannot be overlooked.
    Let me axe you a question, if he can last a 30 minute fight against HHH where they were constantly working and not get tired, how can anyone question his stamina over 15 minutes whilst not exerting himself in the same way.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet: