What's with Frank Mur after he gets a 4th loss in a row?

najmanajma Posts: 2,080Free
Will White suggest to him that he needs to end his career? Especially as we know he's gonna eat some uber knees and solid punches to the chin.
Has Frank still have enough motivation left to string a couple of wins in another promotion and get back to the UFC?
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    No
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,080Free
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    LoL

OP asks a question and flags people as off topic when they answer.

Yes White will suggest he retire and no Frank Mir will not fight in any other organizations. He's a UFC vet.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Maybe he'll reconsider a move to LHW.

It would probably be impossible, but who knows.. Maybe he'd actually be able to take down LHW's & utilize his submission game. At HW, he basically just hopes & prays the fight goes to the ground.
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 425Free
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 846Free
    PoloRidah said:

LoL

Yes White will suggest he retire and no Frank Mir will not fight in any other organizations. He's a UFC vet.

Agree BUT Randy is also an UFC vet and guess what ? Hes not fighting at Bellator but helping to promote it.

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Randy makes a couple fight at Bellator to be honest.

Randy vs Mur ! lol
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    He'll retire if he gets cut by the UFC. At 34 years of age and with 12 years with the company, I just can't see him going to a lesser organization unless he needs the money.

However, I don't necessarily think he'll get cut if he loses again, despite the rumors. It's possible, but I think they might give him one more chance against a lesser heavyweight. His last three losses weren't against cans... JDS (title bout), Cormier, and Barnett. Overeem, despite being on a losing streak, isn't a can either. If he loses, give him one more shot against someone like Shawn Jordan, Del Rosario, Nandor Guelmino, or a rematch with Brandon Vera.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free
    I think if he loses they will give him a easy fight before he gets cut, Mir will retire in the UFC I'm pretty sure of it.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free

PoloRidah said:

LoL

Agree BUT Randy is also an UFC vet and guess what ? Hes not fighting at Bellator but helping to promote it.

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if Randy makes a couple fight at Bellator to be honest.

Randy vs Mur ! lol
    Randy took a coaching position.

I'm pretty sure Mir has already said he would retire before ever fighting in another org.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    If he survives the first round he'll probably beat Reem.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,346Free
    PoloRidah said:

LoL

Op tends to do such things

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    "WHAT'S WITH FRANK MUR AFTER HE GETS A 4TH LOSS IN A ROW?"

I'm guessing he will acquire a 5th loss in a row?
    ijosef said:

His last three losses weren't against cans... JDS (title bout), Cormier, and Barnett. Overeem, despite being on a losing streak, isn't a can either.

True, his 3 losses are arguably to the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th best guys in the division.

It would be a shame to cut him without reducing his level of competition a bit to see if he can come back stronger..
  • Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 839Free
    Frankie should never have bulked up. The shape he was in going into the second Lesnar fight was the way to go. Now that he has finally wised up and started dropping the weight again, he is older, and it may be too late to be enough to help him in fights.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,630Free
    Imo he's HoF... I don't like him tho, but he's a HoF! Can you cut a HoF?
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I was once fooled into believing he was a good fighter but when he lost to that Ian Freeman i think his name was,i woke up and realized he is a slow over weight bum.
    MOST athletes realize how important cardio is when only needing to propel their own weight ,yet so many UFC bums don't know enough to have top notch cardio and they have to propel their weight AND their opponents weight around.
    Mir's strategy is "better look out if i catch your arm" or better look out if i grab and arm bar" "or i'll break your arm",in other words he is a non athlete pretending to be a fighter.How did he make out versus Brock a bum from WWE?It took Brock all of two fights to prove how over rated Mir was.

Cut him???Well the HW division is full of bums,so they need him to fill in the gaps to fill in cards where fans expect to see some HW fights.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    edited October 2013
    zaksame said:

I was once fooled into believing he was a good fighter but when he lost to that Ian Freeman i think his name was,i woke up and realized he is a slow over weight bum.
    MOST athletes realize how important cardio is when only needing to propel their own weight ,yet so many UFC bums don't know enough to have top notch cardio and they have to propel their weight AND their opponents weight around.
    Mir's strategy is "better look out if i catch your arm" or better look out if i grab and arm bar" "or i'll break your arm",in other words he is a non athlete pretending to be a fighter.How did he make out versus Brock a bum from WWE?It took Brock all of two fights to prove how over rated Mir was.

Cut him???Well the HW division is full of bums,so they need him to fill in the gaps to fill in cards where fans expect to see some HW fights.

To Mir's credit, Brock wasn't just a bum-actor from the WWE. He was a world class collegiate wrestler, incredible athlete (for his size), & an absolute goliath of a man who completely dwarfed Mir.

...and Mir still nearly ripped his foot off.
    Post edited by kapst on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    mir needs to retire
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• CarlosBelcherCarlosBelcher Posts: 384Free
    Mir is lucky he's not on a 4 fight losing streak, 2nd Nog fight would be stopped by many refs when he went facedown
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

Mir is lucky he's not on a 4 fight losing streak, 2nd Nog fight would be stopped by many refs when he went facedown

Agreed. After his fight with Barnett he even admits he was flash ko'ed by Nog. He was very lucky the ref couldn't see his face.

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    edited October 2013
    ^You guys are absolutely correct about the 2nd Nog fight. Big Nog had him nearly finished until he hastily dropped for a choke after the ref warned him (prematurely, in my opinion) for strikes to the back of the head. If he'd stayed with the ground and pound he would've finished Mir. In part I blame the ref for the early warning and I also blame Nog for deciding to abandon the GnP and go for a choke he really didn't have.
    Post edited by ijosef on
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free
    ijosef said:

^You guys are absolutely correct about the 2nd Nog fight. Big Nog had him nearly finished until he hastily dropped for a choke after the ref warned him (prematurely, in my opinion) for strikes to the back of the head. If he'd stayed with the ground and pound he would've finished Mir. In part I blame the ref for the early warning and I also blame Nog for deciding to abandon the GnP and go for a choke he really didn't have.

I agree I blame the ref more since I think Nog thought he'd get DQ'd and the shots were to the side of the head if I remember but he should have kept punching away or made Mir stand instead of recklessly going for the subs and sweeps.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image