DC won't fight Gus in Europe

carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,199Free
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
Tagged:

Comments

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,279Free
    what a can

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• Gus would crush him & his wall&stall tom foolery strategy.
    GetDongd
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    Quel surprise... GSP 2.0!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    what a can

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    Cormier is smart. He doesn't want jetlag.
    What??
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,019Free
    lol u don't get jetlag from one damn flight for 8 hours!

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

what happened to the 'anyone anywhere' UFC fighter philosophy? Cormier is a spineless jellyfish.

ANZAC like a boss

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    Ozpride said:

lol - you get jetlag for a 4 -5 hr flight. How do you not get it for an 8 hr flight. You need to fly more.

What??
    Jason_H. said:

Ozpride said:

lol - you get jetlag for a 4 -5 hr flight. How do you not get it for an 8 hr flight. You need to fly more.

Im a travel agent. I've flown about 40 times this year internationally and I live in Australia. The shortest international flight is about 4 hours. Most closer to ten. You DO NOT get 'jet lag' from one flight. It's a **** urban myth. Get outta here with that nonsense fool

ANZAC like a boss

• iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,156Free
    edited October 2013
    I flew from Chicago to O'ahu (something like 9 hours) and I had no negative effects. I actually felt more refreshed being in the different time zone.

So, if Cormier is worried about jetlag I call B.S.
    Post edited by iNOOB on
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 49-37

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free

Gus would crush him & his wall&stall tom foolery strategy.

you mean uncle tom foolery
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,319Free
    Gus too strong.
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    edited October 2013
    Make him fight Mark Hunt in Australia as punishment, The Super Samoan would destroy him with a home crowd advantage.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • It is hard for me to blame DC for this, but he should man up and take the fight. Gustafsson could say he doesn't want to fight an Olympic athlete in the US, but he won't because Gus is a fighter and he doesn't care who he's fighting or where it is at. I give the guy a ton of credit too for not running his mouth after the Jones fight, even though it was a razor thin decision (no matter which way anybody had it) and he could have very easily sung his own praises, but he didn't. The guy just wants to show up and do his job to the best of his ability. Lots of props for Gus in general.

If DC cares about impressing people (which he clearly does by the way he defended his last couple of performances on twitter) then one would think he'd be asking for this fight to prove himself. I don't know if this is the best decision on Cormier's part. I do want to see this fight take place though, and I really don't care where it is at. It'll be in the states if it happens, though the UFC was saying they wanted Gustafsson's next fight to be closer to home for him, obviously for marketing reasons.

My guess is they'll make Gustafsson vs. Little Nog in Sweden and they'll make DC vs. Phil Davis in the US. Striker vs. striker and grappler vs. grappler. International guy vs. international guy and American vs. American. That'll leave 2 more contenders for Jones that he hasn't fought. They won't risk putting them against each other just yet I don't think. Especially with Gus coming off of the first fight with Jones that EVERYBODY wants to see for a second time and DC clinging to the unbeaten record. They'll try to preserve both for a while. So, if Jones makes it past Glover he'll fight Gus, if he gets out of his fight with a W. Then, if DC makes it through his next fight or 2, Cormier will get the next shot at the winner of Jones vs. Gustafsson 2, if that fight takes place. That's my best guess.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,021Free
    iNOOB said:

I flew from Chicago to O'ahu (something like 9 hours) and I had no negative effects. I actually felt more refreshed being in the different time zone.

I flew 6hours and I had all sorts of negative effects. I felt sick, I vomitted, felt dizzy, had headaches like having a hangover, couldn't get to sleep, didn't get any sleep at nights for 3 days and I eventually cought a cold.

I call your story BS.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Ask Gusty if he would fight DC in USA before getting all huffy on DC.
    Would be a tough fight for DC none the less,he is not the fastest guy out there and Gusty runs a lot.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    najma said:

iNOOB said:

I flew 6hours and I had all sorts of negative effects. I felt sick, I vomitted, felt dizzy, had headaches like having a hangover, couldn't get to sleep, didn't get any sleep at nights for 3 days and I eventually cought a cold.

I call your story BS.

Were u on your period at the time?

ANZAC like a boss

• najmanajma Posts: 2,021Free
    I guess you aren't able to realize that different people will have different physicall reactions, are you, imbecile?
  • najma said:

I guess you aren't able to realize that different people will have different physicall reactions, are you, imbecile?

To your point, this means that he may have no issues at all... Just because you experienced ill effects of travel, as many people have, doesn't necessarily mean he will too. Many people, as Ozpride has stated, travel longer distances than that on a regular basis and suffer no ill effects from the travel. It is a possibility, yes...but I doubt this is the only reason he doesn't want to go to Europe to fight. I'm not going to speculate though, because nobody knows for sure, except for Cormier, but if he really wants people to respect him (he's been very vocal in defense of himself and his recent performances, so clearly he cares what people think about him) he would not only take the fight, he'd be the one asking for the fight. I doubt it'll happen though. As I said before, the UFC will likely try to keep both doors open in regard to a possible Jones fight in the future, if he makes it past Glover that is.
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,900Free
    GUS GUS GUS...DUCK.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

najma said:

now now no need for name calling. Geeze girls get so damn hostile as soon as you blame the rag

ANZAC like a boss

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free
    DC will take this guy out anywhere he just doesn't want to make Gus look bad in front of this family......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 917Free
    lmao DC doesn't want to fight the guy with the best striking,movement,wrestling, and boxing in MMA. DC is a smart dude.
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 917Free
    cruz2990 said:

DC will take this guy out anywhere he just doesn't want to make Gus look bad in front of this family......

photo 1368288250358.gif

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Am I the only one who noticed the guy on FX2 specifically said Machida made the cut to MW successfully overseas and looked DC right in the face when he said it?

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,087Free
    GoToGuy said:

Am I the only one who noticed the guy on FX2 specifically said Machida made the cut to MW successfully overseas and looked DC right in the face when he said it?

Yes
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,167Free
    On the jet lag comments. It affects some people differently and it's less likely to have an impact on people that fly more frequently and yes it could be a problem even with a 8 hr flight but not if he flew over there a day or two earlier than he would normally it shouldn't be a problem.

There's also advantages for Gus to be fighting at home having the crowd behind him and some people let that add more pressure & get to them but Gus is the type that thrives on it and there are more disadvantages for DC like the stress of travel, body needing to adjust to the new environment, food issues etc.

• GoToGuy said:

DC was thinking "Yeah, but that guy drinks his own urine. He's clearly an animal..."
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

On the jet lag comments. It affects some people differently and it's less likely to have an impact on people that fly more frequently and yes it could be a problem even with a 8 hr flight but not if he flew over there a day or two earlier than he would normally it shouldn't be a problem.

There's also advantages for Gus to be fighting at home having the crowd behind him and some people let that add more pressure & get to them but Gus is the type that thrives on it and there are more disadvantages for DC like the stress of travel, body needing to adjust to the new environment, food issues etc.

Sounds like DC is blowing smoke up our asses. If you fight in the UFC it should be anybody, anyplace, anytime. Not a list of excuses for not fighting the best in the world. Expecially, if you want a crack at the belt.

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,167Free
    edited October 2013
    GoToGuy said:

Sounds like DC is blowing smoke up our asses. If you fight in the UFC it should be anybody, anyplace, anytime. Not a list of excuses for not fighting the best in the world. Expecially, if you want a crack at the belt.
    He never said any of the stuff i mentioned i can only assume those were some of his concerns when he mentioned at the presser.

He's just trying to let Dana know he doesn't want to fight in sweden IF given the choice. He basically said he'd rather fight him in the states when a reporter mentioned something about fighting Gus in sweden. He kind of jokingly made the comment thanks for volunteering him to fight in sweden.

That fight would be a ways off anyway as Gus is fighting Lil Nog but i'm hearing reports from Chael P. lil Nog will get injured and pull out of the fight so DC might have to fight over seas anyway.
    Post edited by StompGrind on