edited October 2013 in UFC
Hit & Run>Sprawl & Brawl
Wall & Stall>Wall & Brawl
Lay & Pray>Ground & Pound
Grease>Position & Submission
BS win some fans PR fakeness>Being real

How Greg Jackson tactically ruined mma.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,211Free
    edited October 2013
    Free Powerful Palhares

Jackson fighters actually have a really good finishing rate.

The ones that follow the "game plan" don't though and the ones that are finishers would be regardless. aka Jones, Condit.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    He brought intelligence to MMA. He gets a lot of hate because that's something most fans don't have.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    Corruption abounds
    We should be able to flag mods when they troll.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited October 2013

The ones that follow the "game plan" don't though and the ones that are finishers would be regardless. aka Jones, Condit.
    If we're talking about wins...

Cerrone - 15 finishes 5 career decisions
    Carwin - never fought to decision
    Dodson - 3 KOs and 1 dec in the UFC.
    Marquardt - 6 finishes and 4 dec in the ufc
    Guida - 5 finishes 5 dec in the UFC
    Schaub - 4 finishes 2 dec in the ufc
    Swanson - 4 KOs 1 dec in the UFC
    Arlovski - 3 career decisions.
    Brian Stann - 2 career decisions
    Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said
    Kennedy - 3 career decisions
    Kyle Noke - 15 finishes 5 decisions
    Erik Perez - 2 career decisions
    Travis Browne - 2 career decisions.

You were saying?

Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
    Free Powerful Palhares

Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said

You were saying?

9-10 of those guys were killers before they ever stepped foot into Jacksons.
    edited October 2013

Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said

You were saying?

9-10 of those guys were killers before they ever stepped foot into Jacksons.
    Okay, so tell me the fighters that are ruining MMA?

Because thats like 90% of Jacksons MMA.
    Free Powerful Palhares

He brought intelligence to MMA. He gets a lot of hate because that's something most fans don't have.

He brought cowardice, fake respect and honor and promoted the art of fighting without fighting.
    Corruption abounds

Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said

You were saying?

Some of these fighters weren't with Greg Jackson when they scored those finishes. Guida has 3 finishes and four decisions under Jackson. You also left out fighters with horrible finishing rates like Sanchez and GSP. And like Stompgrind said earlier, some of these fighters just flat out forsake their carefully crafted plan in the middle of their fights. Cerrone is a perfect example of this.

"Believe in the beard"

edited October 2013
    waikru said:

Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said

You were saying?

Some of these fighters weren't with Greg Jackson when they scored those finishes. Guida has 3 finishes and four decisions under Jackson. You also left out fighters with horrible finishing rates like Sanchez and GSP. And like Stompgrind said earlier, some of these fighters just flat out forsake their carefully crafted plan in the middle of their fights. Cerrone is a perfect example of this.
    GSP is tristar. He trains with Jackson from time to time but his main camp is tri star.

Sanchez couldn't do **** when he was away from jacksons either. Its not like he follows a gameplan, he jsut goes balls to the wall every fight.
    Corruption abounds

waikru said:

Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said

You were saying?

GSP is tristar. He trains with Jackson from time to time but his main camp is tri star.

Sanchez couldn't do **** when he was away from jacksons either. Its not like he follows a gameplan, he jsut goes balls to the wall every fight.
    I think GSP still formulates his game plans with Jackson. I could be wrong but that is my impression. I totally agree with what you said about Sanchez. He usually forsakes game plans early on in his fights, so he can go full retard. LOL

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

waikru said:

Jones - nuff said
    Condit - nuff said

You were saying?

I think GSP still formulates his game plans with Jackson. I could be wrong but that is my impression. I totally agree with what you said about Sanchez. He usually forsakes game plans early on in his fights, so he can go full retard. LOL
    Yea, his head coach is Firas Zahabi. Not Jackson.
    Free Powerful Palhares
    The main point is it exposed these point fighting tactics to the rest of MMA and now it's spread to be a more standard thing across the board.

Not that these tactics weren't being used before but with more exposure and more awareness comes greater use and basically abusing of the rules and not actually fighting but mastering the art of not fighting.

edited October 2013

The main point is it exposed these point fighting tactics to the rest of MMA and now it's spread to be a more standard thing across the board.

Not that these tactics weren't being used before but with more exposure and more awareness comes greater use and basically abusing of the rules and not actually fighting but mastering the art of not fighting.

lol, no. just no.

Back up your point otherwise all this is nonsense.
    Free Powerful Palhares

lol, no. just no.

Back up your point otherwise all this is nonsense.
    It speaks for itself but ok....

Rashad: Was an exciting ballsy fighter until after Machida and Greg started implementing hit n run , wall n stall tactics.
    Guida: Damn near ruined his career as an exciting fighter.
    Condit: One fight nearly ruined his rep as an exciting always bring it fighter.
    Melvin Guilliard: Always been a killer & comes to bang bro then suddenly starts fighting safe @ Jacksons
    Dean of Mean: Became a lay n prayer.

The ones that left suddenly became more exciting again and actually started putting together some more decisive wins. hmm...

You think these fights didn't have an effect on other fighters and these tactics didn't become more prevalent?
    edited October 2013
    Rashad got KOd and got scared so fell back to something he did well before he even knew what MMA was....wrestling. Its not like he's been a killer post Jacksons anyway.

Guida i could see as an example. idk what happened with him

Condits 1 fight was bull but other than that he's given us non stop wars (including ones he lost in)

Guillard has always had his problems and he doesn't even have 2 decision wins in a row.

Jardine is old man lol. His chin is shot too.

What you're basically doing is nitpicking every fault and blaming it on jackson (over the actual fighter) and then on the flip side taking every good thing and saying it was the fighter, Jackson shouldn't be credited for it. Don't you see something wrong with that lol?
    Free Powerful Palhares

Rashad got KOd and got scared so fell back to something he did well before he even knew what MMA was....wrestling. Its not like he's been a killer post Jacksons anyway.

Condits 1 fight was bull but other than that he's given us non stop wars (including ones he lost in)

Guillard has always had his problems and he doesn't even have 2 decision wins in a row.

What you're basically doing is nitpicking every fault and blaming it on jackson (over the actual fighter) and then on the flip side taking every good thing and saying it was the fighter, Jackson shouldn't be credited for it. Don't you see something wrong with that lol?

No you are trying to make me look at the fighters in a box which is why i was reluctant to post examples because i knew you wanted to play that game and avoid my point for what it was which is ......

I'm saying Greg's point fighting tactics he advocates and the awareness he's brought to them is really bad for MMA.

Try dodging and point fighting your way out of that one. =))
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,800Moderator, Ultimate
    Greg ruined more fighters careers then Sobercuban and Shuberling combined.
    Other coaches (loborio, gracie, codeiro, etc) coach people to be fighters
    Jackson coaches athletes
    imageimage
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,723Free
    Greg Jackson is the worst thing to happen to mma since the demise of PRIDE
    Greg Jackson is p4p

Quit hating haters
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited October 2013

No you are trying to make me look at the fighters in a box which is why i was reluctant to post examples because i knew you wanted to play that game and avoid my point for what it was which is ......

I'm saying Greg's point fighting tactics he advocates and the awareness he's brought to them is really bad for MMA.

Play what game? Your examples are nonsense. Am i not allowed to call you out on that nonsense lol. I even said Condits and Guida's fights were bull.

Im not trying to make you look at fighters in a box because thats exactly what you're doing by yourself lol. You're nitpicking every fault and ignoring every finish jacksons MMA has produced.

The numbers just aren't there to back your claim.

I know what you're saying, but what you're saying isn't true and the stats back that up.
    I think its stupid to blame any camp but Tristar is a lot worse than Jacksons ever was.
    edited October 2013
    Free Powerful Palhares
    Greg is bad for MMA mkay :D

Play what game? Your examples are nonsense. Am i not allowed to call you out on that nonsense lol. I even said Condits and Guida's fights were bull.

Im not trying to make you look at fighters in a box because thats exactly what you're doing by yourself lol. You're nitpicking every fault and ignoring every finish jacksons MMA has produced.

The numbers just aren't there to back your claim.

I know what you're saying, but what you're saying isn't true and the stats back that up.
    The only thing that's nonsense is your refusal to acknowledge the fact that Greg's win at all cost over entertainment point fighting BS and PR fakeness is killing fighter marketability and NOT making better FIGHTERS or better human beings and that's what martial arts is about.

Post edited by StompGrind on
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    Greg Jackson is the worst thing to happen to mma since the demise of PRIDE
    **** Greg Jackson and his point fighting almost every time he gives advise it's go for a takedown he has some great fighters who still manage to finish but he just wants to win no matter how boring.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    any camp has some of that point fighting nonsense. Its unavoidable.

Jackson is just an easy target because of the misconception he always trains GSP. Which is wrong anyway.
  • Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 834Free

Shane Carwin went the distance versus Junior Dos Santos.

all of those stats were just for their wins...not losses.
    Free Powerful Palhares

Jackson is just an easy target because of the misconception he always trains GSP. Which is wrong anyway.

Greg is an easy target because he doesn't promote fighter evolution or human development as a martial artist.

His #1 concern is winning rounds and avoiding the fight over the objective of beating or finishing an opponent.

You give Greg a diamond and he'll polish it into a turd.

Greg is an easy target because he doesn't promote fighter evolution or human development as a martial artist.

His #1 concern is winning rounds and avoiding the fight over the objective of beating or finishing an opponent.

^

• Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 834Free

all of those stats were just for their wins...not losses.
    I suppose you did say "if we're talking about wins" at the top of the post. I'll learn to read one of these days.
    Free Powerful Palhares

^

I'm dropping truth bombs you just can't handle the realness. You on the other hand.....diarrhea of the mouth =))