Machida will fight Anderson if he wins the Weidman rematch.

Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,731Free
"A natural middleweight, Lyoto Machida has competed in the UFC's light heavyweight division to avoid fighting good friend and training partner Anderson Silva. With Silva having lost his title, Machida has moved to the middleweight division to chase a title, and now would fight Silva should he regain the title in December:

Here's what he told Gareth Davies on the post-fight show:

"I don't know, it's very hard to say, but I for sure want to be champion. I want the belt, but I don't know. I'll just (leave it) in Dana White's hands. ... Even if he asks me to fight at 205 pounds, I can do that."

What a sickeningly safe and standard reply, right?

There is good news, though.

Indeed, when Davies pressed and asked if that meant fighting the winner of Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman at UFC 168 on Dec. 28 later this year, after a brief moment of hesitation Machida replied in the affirmative:

"Yes. If it's for the belt, I said I want the belt. I have to chase the belt.""

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/26/5032920/ufc-fight-night-30-results-lyoto-machida-vs-anderson-silva-fight-middleweight-title-mma
Tagged:

Comments

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,589Free
    Indrasting...

Anderson Silva: "I've already said it and I'll say it again, Lyoto and myself, we are brothers, Lyoto and myself. ‘Jacare' and myself, we are friends, camp friends. We have a code of honor amongst ourselves, which is we don't fight against ourselves regardless of wins or losses, or money, fame or not. I would give up fighting if necessary if I had to fight against Lyoto."
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/2/4794498/ufc-anderson-silva-would-retire-before-fighting-lyoto-machida-mma
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• AJ_BearcatAJ_Bearcat Posts: 3,014Moderator, Ultimate
    I watched the interview. I didn't get any implication from Machida that he would fight Anderson. I'm sure that Anderson has a plan win or lose against Weidman that involves NOT fighting Lyoto. Lyoto and him have probably discussed what's going to happen.

Anderson Silva--Lyoto Machida--Jose Aldo--Renan Barao

Nick & Nate Diaz--Anthony & Sergio Pettis--Pat Barry--Charles Oliveira--Conor Mcgregor--Gunnar Nelson--Travis Browne--Yoel Romero
    image image image image

Let not your Jimmies be Rustled

• I watched the interview as well and also got the impression that he has no intention to fight Silva. I think he was saying that if they offered him a title fight he wouldn't refuse it, and that probably comes with inside information. I've said this before, but I think he knows something that others don't. Being that Machida is close with Anderson I almost guarantee he knows that Anderson probably intends to retire soon after his fight with Weidman, win or lose. Why else would he move down to 185 after so many years of fighting at a weight class above his natural fighting weight. He said for so long that he'd NEVER fight Anderson. The only way I see them ever fighting is if there are no other contenders and Anderson takes it as his "last fight ever". I don't see it happening.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,731Free
    I doubt it will happen, but if the stars align, I can see Machida accepting. Anderson on the other hand, probably not.
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    Didn´t Anderson have a 10-fight contract or something?
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Cole1186 said:

I doubt it will happen, but if the stars align, I can see Machida accepting. Anderson on the other hand, probably not.

Anderson's first reaction to stuff like this is to get unbearably butthurt. He probably feels deeply betrayed that Machida didn't shoot down the idea altogether and instead was mildly suggestive at a possibility given the right circumstances. He's very strange and territorial about fighting, despite always treating it as a game.

He was completely outraged that Belfort would challenge him for the title, just because they USED to train together at one point in time. Then, he got pouty that Munoz mentioned once that he wanted the title, also.

If everything falls into place, I see Machida accepting the fight and Anderson going AWOL. He'd agree to it out of a principle of avenging the dishonor foisted upon his home by his friend/nemesis and try to blast him senseless on fight night with an unholy killshot.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,413Free
    I'd be shocked to see that happen but it's a fight I've always wanted to see I'll still take Anderson if it did happen.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 826Free
    Come one guys, stop this nonsense already !

MACHIDA AND ANDERSON WONT FIGHT EACH OTHER !

Jacare vs Machida is more suitable than Anderson vs Machida

But what is Machida doing in the division unless he is prepared to fight Anderson? If Silva defeats Weidman, they are going to have to fight or one of them is going to have to leave. Or something. Machida doesn´t have much time if he wants to get a belt, he´s 35.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    Spidey will never beat Widey.

If Cheeder and Anderson ever fought I believe it would be 90% feeling out and 10% action... in other words boring as hell.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 826Free

But what is Machida doing in the division unless he is prepared to fight Anderson? If Silva defeats Weidman, they are going to have to fight or one of them is going to have to leave. Or something. Machida doesn´t have much time if he wants to get a belt, he´s 35.
    Thats the funny thing my friend (and Im going to make a thread about it).

I honestly think this is and indicator Anderson is leaving the division right after fighting Weidman. Yeah call me crazy but this is pretty clear at this point when Anderson WONT FIGHT 2 of the top contenders (Vitor, Machida and Jacare).

They will NOT fight each other, period which makes me truly believe Anderson is leaving either for retirement OR LHW title run !
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Machida just fought Munoz and they are friends. The dragon knows he will have to accept a fight against Silva if he wants the belt, and he will. Sissy Silva won't at first but Machida will talk him into, just business bro. Silva signed a contract for several more fights, either he stays at MW or moves up.
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,103Elite

Lyoto's just saying things to please the UFC at the moment.

ThePack19 said:

Machida just fought Munoz and they are friends. The dragon knows he will have to accept a fight against Silva if he wants the belt, and he will. Sissy Silva won't at first but Machida will talk him into, just business bro. Silva signed a contract for several more fights, either he stays at MW or moves up.

He should move up and be the 1 to clown BONES. 2 bad dana and everyone pushed him into the lions pit again.Because now he will have 2 concussions and 2 loses when he moves up.
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

PakaL said:

Lyoto's just saying things to please the UFC at the moment.

ThePack19 said:

He should move up and be the 1 to clown BONES. 2 bad dana and everyone pushed him into the lions pit again.Because now he will have 2 concussions and 2 loses when he moves up.
    "Into the lion's pit AGAIN"? What are you referring to?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    What a ****ing traitor

Even cracked rib Anderson would clown this weight cutting can
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner