GSP: I'm the one in the cage/I don't want to fight a guy on steroids

idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/10/georges-st-pierre-on-voluntary-drug-testing-i-didnt-want-to-piss-off-anybody?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Georges St-Pierre on voluntary drug testing: 'I didn't want to piss off anybody'

Montreal - UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is adamant his involvement in increased drug testing ahead of UFC 167 is only for the betterment of the sport.

While UFC President Dana White has called the situation "weird" and says "both guys look stupid," St-Pierre's (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC) willingness to participate in Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) testing ahead of his scheduled Nov. 16 pay-per-view clash with Johny Hendricks (15-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) is purely intended to bring more legitimacy to MMA.

"I want to be known as the guy who makes the difference," St-Pierre told MMAjunkie.com on Monday. "Football, hockey and every sport, baseball, should have the testing like the Olympic sports, and I think it's a new step for the sport."

When the welterweight championship contest between St-Pierre and Hendricks was signed earlier this year, "Rush" immediately stated his intentions to undergo random drug testing from VADA leaning up to the fight. Hendricks agreed, and it process appeared it'd go forward without a hitch.

That is until Hendricks raised concerns about VADA being an impartial third-party, which led his withdrawal from the testing. St-Pierre was then left on his own to carry the torch, a situation that reflected poorly in the eyes of some, including his boss.

"I didn't want to piss off anybody," St-Pierre said. "I didn't want to piss off the UFC or the athletic commission, I just wanted to do something good for the sport. I never wanted to make people angry.

"I thought everything was going to go well and Johny was going to come and we would do it together and it would be good and would be a new thing in the sport. It will make the sport go higher, so to speak."

Many wonder why St-Pierre would go out of his way for additional testing when he already has a lifestyle filled with distractions.

The extra burden is admittedly a nuisance for the 32-year-old, but ultimately, he's willing to make the sacrifice to benefit MMA as a whole, even if Hendricks isn't, he said.

"I'm the one who fights in the cage; of course I care about testing," St-Pierre said. "I want to have a fair fight. I don't want to fight a guy who's on steroids.

"I said I was going to do it, and I'm a man of my word, so I did it. Johny said he was going to do it, but he didn't do it. I don't accuse nobody [of cheating], but if you want to know why he didn't do it, you'll have to ask him."

St-Pierre says his last random drug test took place roughly three weeks ago when VADA officials showed up at his Montreal home unannounced.

Between VADA and the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), more drug tests are surely on the way before St-Pierre steps in the cage at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas next month.

Even though the situation didn't pan out exactly as St-Pierre had initially intended, he hopes others will see the example he's trying to make – and that questions about whether or not MMA is a "clean" sport eventually will go away entirely.

"I just wanted to do something good for the sport to help the honest guy who works very hard," St-Pierre said. "[I want to] point the finger at people who cheat and make the fair fight.

"I didn't want to do anything negative with that, and it turns out it was, but that was not my intention. I only wanted to do something good only for the sport."

roider johnny is such a **** puss puss.
Just givin out the D
Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

Comments

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    yeah if it was GSP ducking VADA we all know youd be going off about it hey?
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 239Free
    Anything about GSP is "did not read" worthy
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    fight isnt in canada and gsp is scared hes gonna get busted for something and or exposed as the cheater he is

/thread
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited October 2013
    BruteDion said:

GSP did duck the WADA

GSP suggested VADA, Hendricks said no because he thought GSP paid them off

Hendricks suggested WADA, GSP said no because they tested for too many things
    Lol this...if GSP cares so much bout how clean the sport is then why did he say no to the harder test?...why did his lawyers demand to know what was tested and when....therefore making it "non-random"

I was anyone fighting GSP from now I would say " I'm the one in the cage and I don't want to fight anyone overweight, I'm not fighting him in canada"
    the commission already came to gsp's house randomly and took a sample. why was hendricks too afraid of the same thing?

doesnt WADA cost a **** tonne of money opposed to VADA? at least gsp is voluntary doing some kind of testing, and showing that he has nothing to hide. roider johnny is not. at first he acted like he wanted to, and then got called on his bluff. and now somehow gsp is the bad guy for going through with it, when johnny roids originally accepted but then pulled out of it when he realised gsp was serious. only a complete retard would try to spin this around and act like goat st. pierre is the one to blame, when he is already pissing in a cup and roider johnny has ducked
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,097Free
    I wonder if GSP would rather fight an alien or a man on steroids. The fact of the matter is there will always be ways to cheat even if you take full blown gear. Example, when I was in cancer treatment, a man came in for chemo and I overheard the entire scenario. He was mentally destroyed by his diagnosis and showed up for treatment loaded on liquor, cocaine, and prescription medications; now here is where things get weird, remind you this guy is literally 6 feet away from me. They were talking about "cleaning him out" which I did not understand (This is one of the top 3 cancer treatment and research facilities in the world). I am telling you in a little less than two hours I saw the man before he received any treatment and I am telling you he was sober as the Pope. He was clear eyed, speech was fine, and his face didn't have that wasted look like he had. I saw this happen with my own two eyes. I don't know what they flushed him out with, but this guy was piss drunk and doped, and they cleaned him out in no time. If they can do that in under two hours, there are definitely ways to pass steroid screenings. If anyone on here is a Dr. I am still curious as to how they straightened that guy out like that, if you could explain it would be appreciated, he had a bunch of IV's on him that's all I could see and he was drinking something.
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,097Free
    One more short comment. GSP's consistent hounding about steroid testing, truly makes him look suspicious. I would almost guarantee that he was on some type of gear at some point. I am not saying that he is on anything now, but maybe as a young man he dialed in.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free
    Hendricks refused VADA because they were providing free services to GSP, whom they sponsor, and even use him as the poster child for their website.

GSP refused WADA because they wouldn't let him vet the drug testing process and wouldn't let him know when they were coming by to conduct the test.

The difference is obvious.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

did gsp ever agree to do something and then dicktuck when it was actually going to happen?

roider johnny did
    Just givin out the D
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free

did gsp ever agree to do something and then dicktuck when it was actually going to happen?

roider johnny did

He made an agreement under the pretense that GSP would pay for both of their testing. He quite clearly didn't pay for his testing, and therefore the agreement was made null and void by a breach perpetrated by GSP.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

edited October 2013
    oh. figures. roider johnny must not be pampered with gsp kind of money. if he cant afford to pay for testing, maybe its time for him to put the needle down.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free

I wonder if GSP would rather fight an alien or a man on steroids. The fact of the matter is there will always be ways to cheat even if you take full blown gear. Example, when I was in cancer treatment, a man came in for chemo and I overheard the entire scenario. He was mentally destroyed by his diagnosis and showed up for treatment loaded on liquor, cocaine, and prescription medications; now here is where things get weird, remind you this guy is literally 6 feet away from me. They were talking about "cleaning him out" which I did not understand (This is one of the top 3 cancer treatment and research facilities in the world). I am telling you in a little less than two hours I saw the man before he received any treatment and I am telling you he was sober as the Pope. He was clear eyed, speech was fine, and his face didn't have that wasted look like he had. I saw this happen with my own two eyes. I don't know what they flushed him out with, but this guy was piss drunk and doped, and they cleaned him out in no time. If they can do that in under two hours, there are definitely ways to pass steroid screenings. If anyone on here is a Dr. I am still curious as to how they straightened that guy out like that, if you could explain it would be appreciated, he had a bunch of IV's on him that's all I could see and he was drinking something.

Maybe they replaced his blood with clean blood through transfusions, or did some kind of blood cleaning, like dialysis.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free

GSP did duck the WADA

Thread ended with this post.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,864Ultimate
    waikru said:

Hendricks refused VADA because they were providing free services to GSP, whom they sponsor, and even use him as the poster child for their website.

GSP refused WADA because they wouldn't let him vet the drug testing process and wouldn't let him know when they were coming by to conduct the test.

^^The actual truth amongst the nonsense here. Hendricks isn't going to go through with the VADA testing because he's suspicious of VADA altogether. Seems to me that GSP wouldn't be so adamant that it go through VADA as opposed to WADA unless he had something to hide. WADA does cost substantially more than VADA does, and it's common sense that GSP has more money than Hendricks.
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Owning the haters since day one

• DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 743Free
    BruteDion said:

GSP did duck the WADA

Lol this...if GSP cares so much bout how clean the sport is then why did he say no to the harder test?...why did his lawyers demand to know what was tested and when....therefore making it "non-random"

At that point it was a p***ing contest, egos clashed, lawyers were involved etc.
    jduk said:

GSP: "I want to be the only guy taking steroids"

LoL This is basically what it comes down to.

If he's the only guy taking steroids than the sport is "clean.

If GSP were American he would be fighting on the facebook prelims.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate

Yeah yeah that's why he got his lawyer to ask a series of questions about exactly what they test for and when.

Doesn't it make sense for someone to ask what substances are banned when you announce you're banning substances? How else would you know what to avoid?lol
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar

waikru said:

^^The actual truth amongst the nonsense here. Hendricks isn't going to go through with the VADA testing because he's suspicious of VADA altogether. Seems to me that GSP wouldn't be so adamant that it go through VADA as opposed to WADA unless he had something to hide. WADA does cost substantially more than VADA does, and it's common sense that GSP has more money than Hendricks.
    Money isn't an issue, GSP offered to pay on both accounts. Johnny has no excuse, but also has no obligation.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

Yeah yeah that's why he got his lawyer to ask a series of questions about exactly what they test for and when.

Doesn't it make sense for someone to ask what substances are banned when you announce you're banning substances? How else would you know what to avoid?lol
    Why does he have to worry about what they test for if he is clean?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

How do you know what "clean" is if you don't know what they test for?
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

PoloRidah said:

You're telling me a professional athlete lacks the knowledge to know if he's clean or not? Give me a break.

waikru said:

Money isn't an issue, GSP offered to pay on both accounts. Johnny has no excuse, but also has no obligation.
    Yeah, this isn't shady at all. lol

I'm starting to believe you are in the same boat as IDYB. I'm referring to the whole, you're not really a GSP fan and just use him to troll.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

You're telling me a professional athlete lacks the knowledge to know if he's clean or not? Give me a break.

waikru said:

I'm starting to believe you are in the same boat as IDYB. I'm referring to the whole, you're not really a GSP fan and just use him to troll.

There's no trolling involved.lol You haters are just too sensitive to just how great of a WW he really is. You guys lie and make excuses for everything, and it's kind of funny to be honest.

"Oh, he can't finish fights, waaaaah!"

"He's so boring, but I can't stop talking about him and I always watch his fights!"

"Oh, he missed weight against Diaz! 170lbs is over the 170lb limit!!"

"That's not fair, a fingertip of Vaseline residue on his shoulder eventually mixed with his sweat and caused his whole body to be covered in grease!"

"He's clearly avoiding WADA testing by agreeing to it and offering to pay for both Hendricks and himself!"

^ No trolling, you guys are just desperate. Why shouldn't he be careful when everybody am their brother is trying to slander and discredit him? Lmao
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

waikru said:

There's no trolling involved.lol You haters are just too sensitive to just how great of a WW he really is. You guys lie and make excuses for everything, and it's kind of funny to be honest.

"Oh, he can't finish fights, waaaaah!"

"He's so boring, but I can't stop talking about him and I always watch his fights!"

"Oh, he missed weight against Diaz! 170lbs is over the 170lb limit!!"

"That's not fair, a fingertip of Vaseline residue on his shoulder eventually mixed with his sweat and caused his whole body to be covered in grease!"

"He's clearly avoiding WADA testing by agreeing to it and offering to pay for both Hendricks and himself!"

^ No trolling, you guys are just desperate. Why shouldn't he be careful when everybody am their brother is trying to slander and discredit him?
    Lmao
    You definitely troll in regards to that grease ball.

What did I lie about?

GSP is a cheat and a coward. That's truth.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Oh and I like how you complete avoided my comment, "You're telling me a professional athlete lacks the knowledge to know if he's clean or not? Give me a break."

Troll on son.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

^Lol there you go again. you can't dispute any of it, you just try to troll me instead. Work on your trolling. Pessimist Pete has an online program if you need help.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread