Why is Weidman not cut but Palhares is?

StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free
edited October 2013 in UFC
Dana says he has history of holding onto heel hooks to long and blah blah it's the nastiest submission and can even end careers yet it hasn't to date.

Weidman has shown a tendency to land brutal punches after he KO's an opponent.

Weidman landed atleast 3-4 hard shots to Anderson when he knew he was done.

Weidman landed 57 hard shots to Munoz dome after he knocked him out 4 times.

Not only is Weidman gonna end someone's career he's going to take years off of someone's life. Why is this dangerous man still allowed to compete.
Post edited by StompGrind on

Comments

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free
    My logic is undeniable.

and i just figured out how to move a thread by yourself if you post it in the wrong section without asking a mod to do it for you.
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,820Free

My logic is undeniable.

and i just figured out how to move a thread by yourself if you post it in the wrong section without asking a mod to do it for you.

Please do bestow us with such knowledge.
    edited October 2013
    GN_FDU said:

My logic is undeniable.

U just click on the Options>Edit then use the drop down box for "Category" and choose the correct section you want it in then hit save and it will move to that section.

Pretty cool. I can't believe i never noticed this before.
    Post edited by StompGrind on

This is such an obvious ruse. Luckily i'm one of the smartest intellectuals on the internet and did not fall for it.

Damn...
  • Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 839Free

GN_FDU said:

My logic is undeniable.

U just click on the Options>Edit then use the drop down box for "Category" and choose the correct section you want it in then hit save and it will move to that section.

Pretty cool. I can't believe i never noticed this before.
    Dana White realized that due to lack of general brain capacity, Rousimar Palhares needed to be moved from the wrong section (UFC), to the section where he belongs (outside the UFC). Where he can twist and bend all the legs his little heart desires.

• Why go after Weidman tho? So many fighters do that. The refs are suppose to come in and stop the fight. Every fighter is told to keep punching till the ref pulls them off. Weidman vs Munoz was totally the refs fault.

How often do you see someone keep holding a submission once the ref steps in? It's very rare. Palhares is the only guy recently who I can think of that's done that.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Stomp has a point

There is no difference between unneeded punches after the fighter is out and an unneeded extra twist/pull after a fighter has already tapped
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free
    Weidman is white!
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free

Weidman is white!

I think this is the reason
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free
    They should cut Wiedman.. to prevent the first Death in the octagon. We all know Anderson is going to commit a murda on the 29th of Dec.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free

This is such an obvious ruse. Luckily i'm one of the smartest intellectuals on the internet and did not fall for it.

Damn...
    Lmao
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,106Elite

Dana says he has history of holding onto heel hooks to long and blah blah it's the nastiest submission and can even end careers yet it hasn't to date.

Not only is Weidman gonna end someone's career he's going to take years off of someone's life. Why is this dangerous man still allowed to compete.

You go till the ref pulls you off...If you do a paul daley maybe...
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,106Elite
    Cole1186 said:

They should cut Wiedman.. to prevent the first Death in the octagon. We all know Anderson is going to commit a murda on the 29th of Dec.

1 thing will happen 10 more I . Q and E . Q points will exit the spiders head...After he catches another weidman can CRUSHER.
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    TS, end yourself because you are far too dumb to live.
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,097Free
    I think there is a big difference between the two. You are supposed to continue fighting until the referee halts the action, they do this because a fighter with his/her adrenaline and other neurotransmitters pumping is hyper aggressive at these points, that is why it is so important for a referee to know when to stop a fight, and prevent damage. Weidmann stops when the ref tells him to, or when his opponent taps. Palhares does whatever the hell he feels like. He holds damaging locks after fighters feverishly tap on him, and even after a referee is a foot away from him screaming in his face. His trainers even say he has the mentality and cognitive function of a young boy. He does not understand what he is doing. That is a big difference, this guy needs mental help because he could actually kill someone in a fight, and no organization wants anything to do with him because of him. Comparing him to Weidmann is a very loose interpretation of events that took place during these two fighters "incidents", Weidmann has had no disciplinary action taken against him where Palhares has multiple times in his career, not just within the UFC. Besides neither Anderson Silva nor Mark Munoz ever complained about Weidmann's actions. Again, the case is different when it comes to Palhares fighters, referees, judges, the commission, and Dana White have all complained.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate

Please tell me you are trolling. Both situations aren't even close.

The referee jumped in to stop the Palhares fights, and he didn't let go. The referee hadn't stepped in yet when Weidman landed those shots, it's not up to him to stop the fight, it's up to the referee. Everytime the ref has stepped in Weidman has stopped instantly.

UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Wow stomp is rustled to the max

Look, I don't necessarily agree with Paul Harris being cut after his last incident, but it wasn't the first time it has happened, so it is hard to argue against the decision. I would have liked to have seen what he was capable of doing at welterweight. Personally, I would have given him a lengthy suspension and fine. If he had done it once more, then I would have cut him.

What's done is done though. Zuffa can un-cut Paul Harris as much as Paul Harris can take back holding on to 2 different fighters' legs way too long for no reason other than to be a punk. Why target Weidman when people do far worse than he has on a regular basis? Sounds like textbook hateration to me.
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    I agree with this thread. According to the NFL concussions > ACLs in terms of danger and importance.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    You would of been better of using Henderson by the way, he openly admitted to hitting a guy he knew was out, or rampage who was still hitting Silva when the ref was dragging him away.

Please tell me you are trolling. Both situations aren't even close.

The referee jumped in to stop the Palhares fights, and he didn't let go. The referee hadn't stepped in yet when Weidman landed those shots, it's not up to him to stop the fight, it's up to the referee. Everytime the ref has stepped in Weidman has stopped instantly.

Not really. These fighters are in the zone. There was atleast 1 full second from ref contact and Weidman stopping going through the motions. Same thing for Palhares. It took him one full second to stop going through the motions. Also the ref in the Palhares fight was a skid mark on the floor. Atleast Herb did a good job of getting Chris's attention.
    Gabri1985 said:

Wow stomp is rustled to the max

I am not in russle Gabri, I AM THE RUSSLE. A member opens a thread and gets rustled and you think that's me? NO...I AM THE ONE WHO RUSSLES.

=))
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,333Free
    it's obvious

Paul Daley
    Paul Harris

Dana has an obvious Paul discrimination.

_TUF1_ said:

it's obvious

Paul Daley
    Paul Harris

Dana has an obvious Paul discrimination.

No doubt.
    munkie said:

TS, end yourself because you are far too dumb to live.

U back. War Munkie!