Lombard: Why Rousey and I are stronger than the rest

carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,199Free
"That’s how I like to fight, I don’t like to grapple. I like to stand up. If somebody has to get KO’s, somebody has to go out.”

“I think I was like training and develop my strength and my power, you know, it’s like Ronday Rousey. She lifts bodies all her life, you get to the point when you’re stronger than everyone else. She’s done it for so many years that it gets to the point she’s like four times stronger than all the guys she’s gonna face."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/439494/Lombard-Why-Rousey-and-I-are-stronger-than-the-rest/

Lombard Too Stronk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
Tagged:

Comments

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    Some people just have good genes. I met a guy in the service who was ripped and shredded. You can see the shredded muscles on his jaw bone and stuff and he says he's never lifted weights in his life. He was African American.
    What??
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,337Free
    Lombard just loves to bang

War Hector!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    He's right...I think it's the Judo...all the Judo guys at the high level are crazy strong...the solid base and strong core you get from Judo helps in lifting and tossing
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,070Free
    @PATSTER Lombard 300k
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    Judo dudes are strong. A good friend of mine competed for Ecuador in the Pan-American games. He's really strong...probably the second strongest guy I ever personally wrassled around with. The one other guy who I remember to have been "stronger," competed as a powerlifter at a really high level, so he was obviously stronger. (I can't immediately think of any synonyms for "strong.")
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,142Free
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,633Free
    BruteDion said:

He's right...I think it's the Judo...all the Judo guys at the high level are crazy strong...the solid base and strong core you get from Judo helps in lifting and tossing

I think there's a lot to be said for that specific style of training. Human beings aren't equally balanced weights and tossing them around is quite different than an inanimate object that won't attempt to alter its direction or shift its center of gravity. You could have someone who is "stronger" from working on weight machines (or free weights for that matter), but the person with the core strength from training in a grappling style like judo would feel much stronger in the cage even if he/she couldn't match the numbers on the bench/deadlift/squat/etc.
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    It's because they both avoid fighting the absolute best.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,199Free

Rousey is the champ you imbecile
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you elaborate further on this? @Solid_Snake
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Basically he is saying that Lombard avoids fighting the absolute best because he moved down to WW which has a weaker division and an even weaker champion

PATSTER said:

Lombard is in the UFC you imbecile. How could he possibly avoid fighting the best fighters?

Fedor on the other hand ...
    Lombard has not fought any top guys.lol I never said he wasn't in the UFC.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

PoloRidah said:

Basically he is saying that Lombard avoids fighting the absolute best because he moved down to WW which has a weaker division and an even weaker champion
    Solid_Snake loves him some GSP. I don't really see this being his reasoning. lol
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PATSTER said:

Lombard is in the UFC you imbecile. How could he possibly avoid fighting the best fighters?

He doesn't chose who he fights

edited November 2013

PATSTER said:

Everybody he has fought in the UFC has been ranked in the top 10 of the MW division though. Except for Palhares, forgot about him.

What about Rousey though?
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

No he doesn't, but if he could actually beat somebody he might be allowed to fight top tier guys.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

PoloRidah said:

PATSTER said:

Everybody he has fought in the UFC has been ranked in the top 10 of the MW division though.

He is probably going to say something about her ducking Cyborg

PoloRidah said:

PATSTER said:

Everybody he has fought in the UFC has been ranked in the top 10 of the MW division though.

He is probably going to say something about her ducking Cyborg
    Irrelevant. Cyborg was unwilling to cut 10 pounds to fight in the UFC.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    Solid put yourself in jail.

Rousey has dismantled everyone she's ever fought. If Roidborg can't get down to her weight than too bad for that Roidfreak.

Lombard fights who his employer tells him to fight. The guy is coming off an awesome KTFO victory at a new weight class and you bash him?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,337Free
    GSP fans are scared Lombard is coming for the belt
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free

PoloRidah said:

also he keeps getting beat by cans so he doesnt have to fight the best in the division
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,801Free
    Wrestlers and judokas are crazy strong people in general. Many can be deceivingly strong. I've never rolled with a BJJ artist who felt as powerful as a wrestler or judoka.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I highly doubt Lombard is legit,sadly the testing is crap.
    Rousey most definitely is stronger,her arms are bigger than many of the guys ,even some at heavier weights,again i claim non legit.
    I find it od hey do testing but never let us see the results,that would change everything about this sport and could possibly force the sport to change it's policies via fan outrage.
    Imagine Rousey is testing at the max of 4:1 then we know she is a cheat weather or not the commission does not deem her one won't matter.I am a GSP fan but if i see him testing 4:1 i won't be happy,not as bad as the Sonnen's and Reem's at 16:1 but still proves they are doping.
    I couldn't care less what excuse these guys make up for being 4:1,they are cheats because we all know that 4:1 was probably 10:1 a couple days earlier.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,655Free

You have become quite the troller LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free
    I tell you what after watching this latest season of TUF, I like Ronda Rousey a whole lot more, and I liked her before. I love how she flips off Tate and tells her FU when she comes to congratulate her or shake hands with after a fight, and so does her coach. I think she is really going to hurt Meisha when they fight this time. She really hates her and her boyfriend. I never could stand Caraway especially when he was talking about how much he hates marijuana just so he could get that fight night bonus, and saying that he would knock Rousey's teeth out on Twitter, you cannot apologize your way out of schidt like that. You made forever beef.
  • Lombard: "she’s like four times stronger than all the guys she’s gonna face."

So, Ronda is planning on challenging Fallon Fox then? Or perhaps Cyborg?
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    Was great watching Hector hunt down Palhares live. One of the loudest roars I've heard from a crowd
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
    PunchBag said:

PoloRidah said:

also he keeps getting beat by cans so he doesnt have to fight the best in the division
    ^Exaclty, someone else gets it.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    GN_FDU said:

Wrestlers and judokas are crazy strong people in general. Many can be deceivingly strong. I've never rolled with a BJJ artist who felt as powerful as a wrestler or judoka.

Yeah and I doubt you ever will...I have not either...the training and the skill set needed does not gear itself to strength (which is not a bad thing)

Only BJJ based guys I would say could stack or just come close we're Palhares and Jeff Monson...but none of them are P4P strong like Lombard...a prime Karo maybe able to ragdoll Palhares who knows

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>