Gustafsson vs Manuwa reportedly tabbed for main event in UFN London

Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free

This has the potential to be a good fight, as does any fight, but I think Gus will steamroll through Jimi.
Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
LW: Cowboy, Khabib
FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
BW: McDonald
FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

Comments

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free
    PATSTER said:

Lol the UFC protecting Gus once again.

Great.

So funny how before they couldn't give a **** less about Gus and now they're protecting him like their golden child or something.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    Manuwa does not even have the gas tank to go 3 hard rounds. Gus by late tko.
    What??
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,103Free
    remember when Joe Silva use to be the best match maker in the business
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    edited November 2013
    Called it.

I'll be rooting for Manuwa to get a KO Gus probably takes a UD tho or a late finish if Manuwa gasses
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • highlander1highlander1 Posts: 56Free
    That's a very dangerous fight for Gustafsson.
    Jimi is a beast!

That would be a great, great fight!
    Hope it does happen.
    Highlander
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Actually this fight is a lose lose for Gus, its a dangerous fight and when he wins he better finish him or he will lose some top rank credibility but since Jimi is a tough striker himself this is a bad matchup.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,159Free
    WTF kind of matchup is this?? Joe Silva is smoking something strong.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 49-37

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    edited November 2013
    so jimi beats jimmo and now he is ready to fight gus?

Post edited by Gamer9133 on

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Gamer9133 said:

Gus loses to Jones and he gets to fight someone on a 14 fight win streak?

Gamer9133 said:

Gus loses to Jones and he gets to fight someone on a 14 fight win streak?
    it is real good matchmaking

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    What the **** are you guys *****ing about? Who else is he going to fight? Everyone is tied up except this undefeated fighter.

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Mousasi is headed back to 185 to fight Machida.
    - Machida is fighting Mousasi at 185
    - Vitor is fighting Hendo.
    - Hendo isn't even in a position to fight Gus if he was free
    - Chael has Rashad and Wanderlei after that
    - Rashad has Chael
    - Davis probably doesn't want the fight
    - Gus already fought Thiago Silva

Do you see the trend? Stop complaining about matchmaking like any of you could find him a better fight.

Cormier does not want his first cut to 205 to be overseas and that is perfectly understandable. He hasn't made 211 in like 9 years! His kidneys are shot already and we don't even know how his body is going to react to the weight cut. Flying across the pond and cutting over there is the absolute worst thing he could do.

Damn some of you are absolutely impossible to please and will **** and moan about anything.
    This fight was kinda obvious to me I remember talking to someone on here in a thread about potential fights for Gus not long ago and I mentioned Manuwa and the London card being a strong possibility, it's an interesting fight but I hope we get a stacked card or I'll probably give it a miss and watch on tv like I did with the Manchester card.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

What the **** are you guys *****ing about? Who else is he going to fight? Everyone is tied up except this undefeated fighter.

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

Do you see the trend? Stop complaining about matchmaking like any of you could find him a better fight.

Cormier does not want his first cut to 205 to be overseas and that is perfectly understandable. He hasn't made 211 in like 9 years! His kidneys are shot already and we don't even know how his body is going to react to the weight cut. Flying across the pond and cutting over there is the absolute worst thing he could do.

Damn some of you are absolutely impossible to please and will **** and moan about anything.

One problem. This is for March 8th. Over 4 months from now... They could have waited on a better opponent.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ares11 said:

PATSTER said:

Lol the UFC protecting Gus once again.

Great.

So funny how before they couldn't give a **** less about Gus and now they're protecting him like their golden child or something.
    It might have something to do with the fact that he beat the **** out of the current champion 4 rounds to 1 and should have 12 pounds of gold around his waist.

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

dang son, why so rustled?

Gamer9133 said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

Because people can't take 20 seconds to think about the lack of options for him. Proceed to complain about Gus fighting a 14-0 fighter... what the ****?

Gamer9133 said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

Because people can't take 20 seconds to think about the lack of options for him. Proceed to complain about Gus fighting a 14-0 fighter... what the ****?

i understand you

how do you see the fight going?

iNOOB said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

One problem. This is for March 8th. Over 4 months from now... They could have waited on a better opponent.
    Waiting doesn't always work out when guys get in a fist fight. You never know what kind of medical suspension someone is going to have. You can't sit back and think "Well let's wait on this fight to play out and we will give the winner the Gus fight"

The winner may break his hand. The winner may be involved in a war and not be ready for a quick turn around.

Complain some more I'm sure it will help.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    I was kinda expecting this fight might happen.

This is a very dangerous fight for Gus. Manuwa has nothing to lose, he might not have the same cardio, wrestling, or ground game as Gustafsson, but he can definitely stand with him and has the potential to finish Gus on the feet (or get a doctor's stoppage/injury since that's what he usually gets).

I'd expect Gus to win but it is a very tough matchup and it's a shame a win over Manuwa probably won't give him the props he deserves if he does beat him
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
    Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

i understand you

how do you see the fight going?
    I see Gus winning

edited November 2013

iNOOB said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

Waiting doesn't always work out when guys get in a fist fight. You never know what kind of medical suspension someone is going to have. You can't sit back and think "Well let's wait on this fight to play out and we will give the winner the Gus fight"

The winner may break his hand. The winner may be involved in a war and not be ready for a quick turn around.

Well clearly we saw how well it worked for them to schedule a fight right away with Lil Nog...
    Post edited by iNOOB on

iNOOB said:

iNOOB said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

Well clearly we saw how well it worked for them to schedule a fight right away with Lil Nog...
    What the hell does that even mean? Matching him up with Rogerio raised a lot of eyebrows because he is 37 years old and injury prone.

Manuwa doesn't have a top 10 win yet and Gus is the LHW champion I can see why some people are confused by this fight, it's obvious they want to make sure the rematch happens with Jones I'll lol if Manuwa spoils the plans and beats Gus then Jones highly unlikely but I'd love to see it.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

Manuwa doesn't have a top 10 win yet and Gus is the LHW champion I can see why some people are confused by this fight, it's obvious they want to make sure the rematch happens with Jones I'll lol if Manuwa spoils the plans and beats Gus then Jones highly unlikely but I'd love to see it.

I can't see why anyone is "confused"

Take a minute to think about other options... there are not any. Saved everyone that minute of their time.

iNOOB said:

iNOOB said:

- Jones has Glover
    - Glover has Jones
    - Rashad has Chael

What the hell does that even mean? Matching him up with Rogerio raised a lot of eyebrows because he is 37 years old and injury prone.

That means it was stupid for them to schedule a fight that early and it is even more dumb to schedule this fight this early. Manuwa isn't even ranked.

They screwed Gus out of an immediate rematch already. I like Glover a lot but he could wait. Honestly Glover should be fighting Manuwa and Gus should be fighting for what is rightfully his. It didn't work out that way.

Take a minute to think about other options... there are not any. Saved everyone that minute of their time.

There is other options the card is 4 months plus away, I don't mind the fight tho so whatever.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

There is other options the card is 4 months plus away, I don't mind the fight tho so whatever.
    Exactly it's four plus months away anything could happen. Gus could get injured. Manuwa could get injured. The fight may not even happen.

You cannot wait around and see how other fights play out and bank on a certain fighter to come out of his scrap perfectly healthy and ready to go.
    Is Gus suppose to pull a Jon Jones and fight some 185er in a meaningless fight? That's your other options.