Rousey -vs- Tate fight predictions?

GamerMomGamerMom Posts: 8Free
I have to say that I think Ronda is going to do what she does best & submit her with an armbar. I have to say Meisha was a badass for not tapping out immediately. But, my advice? Tap out!
Tagged:

Comments

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    Awesome username.

Rhonda wins via an even easier arm bar. Tate's got nothin for her.

GET KAT IN THERE ALREADY!
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    Housey via TKO
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    Diaz 1 2 5

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    Honda is pissed she will go full beserker on Tate then she gets clipped and Tate's the new Champ....
    Ooooor and that's more likely to happen Housey Judo Throw Armbar first Round win still Champ!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,180Free
    Judo take down followed by armbar for Rowdy.
    What??
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    I predict Rousey will wear a more skimpy out fight which will be low cut like the last and have her boob almost slip out again and follow that fight up with another barely having clothing on Mag cover or spread then get mad at a reporter who ask bout her sex life
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    i think tate will win, she has a good wrestling game and this time avoid the clinch/ wrestling and keep it standing. Lets see what rousey has on the feet.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Rhonda is more skilled and stronger,it would be a huge upset if Miesha got the win.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Honda by whatever the hell she wants, most probably armbar within the first minute

• the_vageniusthe_vagenius Posts: 219Free
    tate...hopefully... i want tate to win just to see ronda lose, but i would rather see tate win via tko, then kat beat rondas **** in #1 contender fight then kat beat tates ****...and kat is champ as it should be, but in reality ronda by armbar---either way both lose to kat. any top ranked female is better on the feet than ronda--and thats all i want to see is ronda get her teeth knocked out...by a chick not caraway
  • MMAGunsMMAGuns Posts: 193Free
    This will be a fast, nasty beat down/arm bar win for Rousey.
    Brown
    Gus
    Machida
    Condit
    Cerone
    Edgar
    Faber
    Uncle Creepy
    Rousey
  • the_vageniusthe_vagenius Posts: 219Free
    wait what if ronda ko's tate....lmfao...tate has been ko'd cold before, ronda stated she would retire undefeated, only way that happens is constant injuries to kat,juliana---and ducking.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free

wait what if ronda ko's tate....lmfao...tate has been ko'd cold before, ronda stated she would retire undefeated, only way that happens is constant injuries to kat,juliana---and ducking.

this man knows what he is talking about

Julianna too strong

Ronda is scared of her on TUF
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • MMAGunsMMAGuns Posts: 193Free
    This will be a fast, nasty beat down/arm bar win for Rousey.

this man knows what he is talking about

Julianna too strong

Ronda is scared of her on TUF
    Pena lost her 2 fights prior to TUF. She would be destroyed in less than a minute by Rousey.

Kat actually has a shot to extend the fight out to the middle of round 1... But if she nearly got armbarred by Tate...lol. No way Rousey does not make her tap in similar situations.
    Brown
    Gus
    Machida
    Condit
    Cerone
    Edgar
    Faber
    Uncle Creepy
    Rousey
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    FroZeN said:

Hopefully Miesha by TKO followed by a nip slip by both women.

That would be a great fight. I've been waiting for one of those to happen at some point.

• What's interesting about this fight is that it is a rematch. They know more about each other than anybody else at this point. So my question is, what adjustments will be made? Part of me feels that Ronda may try to prove a point in the standup, but I think that could be a mistake (not that Miesha is all that dangerous, but it isn't what Ronda is used to doing). Miesha obviously plans to do things differently than last time. She has admitted that she didn't give Ronda enough credit, and after having her arm jacked up last time I doubt she'll want that to happen again. I expect a lot of movement from Miesha and a potential for her to try to use the cage. She obviously wants to avoid the clinch, but against the cage she may be able to take Ronda's sweeps and trips away from her and force her to expend more energy, although Ronda is very strong and she is constantly moving, because she knows that people will try to start stalling her in some way if they can.

Miesha has to take Ronda out of her element. All Ronda has done is make every fight into a Judo competition. She takes every opponent out of their element. Somebody needs to take her out of her element and drag her into a fight in order to beat her. If Miesha can make Ronda bleed a little and bring her out of the first round, then maybe she'll make Ronda more desperate and more predictable (not that she isn't predictable already; she wins the same way every time). Until that happens, one way or another I see Ronda finding an arm again, but I'd like to see Miesha win so that there can be a third fight for the first major female rivalry in the UFC.

Miesha will have to use her wrestling at some point, but she'll have to wait a couple of rounds I think, if she can survive that long, to do so safely. She'll have to get Ronda tired, bloodied, and not wanting to fight any more before she can try to dive in and avoid the armbar. My guess, being that Miesha prefers submissions, is that she'll try to take a page out of Liz Carmouche's book and look for a rear-naked or a neck crank (more likely a rear-naked). If she can take Ronda's back, especially if she can manage getting her hooks in, it'll be the safest place for her to amount offense without fear of the armbar.

For Ronda, its pretty clear. She'll pressure, land a couple of short shots in the clinch, and immediately start looking for the takedown and the armbar. If she fails, it'll be the same thing all over again until she gets an arm. I don't see much game-planning. She has sufficient striking in the clinch to do a bit of damage and take attention away from her ability to take somebody's arm like nobody else can, but everybody knows what she's trying to do, though nobody has been able to stop it. I'm just curious what a fight might look like if Ronda were forced to do something else other than look for an armbar. What other submissions does she have? What is her cardio like? Can she survive 5 rounds without needing a stoppage of some sort? Is she capable of KOing somebody? She hasn't had to yet, but she'd earn a lot more respect if she were to prove that she wasn't a one trick pony (no disrespect intended).

Ultimately, 5 rounds is a long time to try to survive Ronda's attempts at a submission, especially being that Miesha's strengths are also via grappling. Unless Miesha has added an extremely dangerous striking game to her repertoire, she finds a way to take Ronda's back and choke her out, or she manages to avoid Ronda's clinch and force her to gas and outpoint her, I just don't see how Ronda doesn't win again. Miesha isn't really known for KO power or for even trying to knock people out. It has happened for her in the past, but she's definitely not a head hunter. So if I had to venture a guess it'll either be Ronda via armbar (big surprise, I know...) or Miesha by RNC if she can manage to hurt/ gas Ronda out a bit and make her fight sloppy. I don't see the fight ending any other way.
  • most signifigant strikes landed EVER in a UFC fight. im callin it.
    this is womans mma so anything could happen
    "Believe in the beard"

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,142Free
  • but serious... we all know whats gonna happen. thats not the issue. the issue is whether miesha can prevent it from happening.

but serious... we all know whats gonna happen. thats not the issue. the issue is whether miesha can prevent it from happening.

if meisha can prevent it then surely it doesnt happen? your flawed is logic
    "Believe in the beard"

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    Ronda wheel kick KO

Arm bar round 1 again she might GnP her more this time to prolong the beating so a TKO is possible hopefully there's a few wardrobe malfunctions and they end up naked while grappling one can hope.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    Someone needs to put a camera in the womens dressing room.

Meisha booty shots would be a nice Christmas present.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• PATSTER said:

What's interesting about this fight is that it is a rematch. They know more about each other than anybody else at this point. So my question is, what adjustments will be made? Part of me feels that Ronda may try to prove a point in the standup, but I think that could be a mistake (not that Miesha is all that dangerous, but it isn't what Ronda is used to doing). Miesha obviously plans to do things differently than last time. She has admitted that she didn't give Ronda enough credit, and after having her arm jacked up last time I doubt she'll want that to happen again. I expect a lot of movement from Miesha and a potential for her to try to use the cage. She obviously wants to avoid the clinch, but against the cage she may be able to take Ronda's sweeps and trips away from her and force her to expend more energy, although Ronda is very strong and she is constantly moving, because she knows that people will try to start stalling her in some way if they can.

Miesha has to take Ronda out of her element. All Ronda has done is make every fight into a Judo competition. She takes every opponent out of their element. Somebody needs to take her out of her element and drag her into a fight in order to beat her. If Miesha can make Ronda bleed a little and bring her out of the first round, then maybe she'll make Ronda more desperate and more predictable (not that she isn't predictable already; she wins the same way every time). Until that happens, one way or another I see Ronda finding an arm again, but I'd like to see Miesha win so that there can be a third fight for the first major female rivalry in the UFC.

Miesha will have to use her wrestling at some point, but she'll have to wait a couple of rounds I think, if she can survive that long, to do so safely. She'll have to get Ronda tired, bloodied, and not wanting to fight any more before she can try to dive in and avoid the armbar. My guess, being that Miesha prefers submissions, is that she'll try to take a page out of Liz Carmouche's book and look for a rear-naked or a neck crank (more likely a rear-naked). If she can take Ronda's back, especially if she can manage getting her hooks in, it'll be the safest place for her to amount offense without fear of the armbar.

For Ronda, its pretty clear. She'll pressure, land a couple of short shots in the clinch, and immediately start looking for the takedown and the armbar. If she fails, it'll be the same thing all over again until she gets an arm. I don't see much game-planning. She has sufficient striking in the clinch to do a bit of damage and take attention away from her ability to take somebody's arm like nobody else can, but everybody knows what she's trying to do, though nobody has been able to stop it. I'm just curious what a fight might look like if Ronda were forced to do something else other than look for an armbar. What other submissions does she have? What is her cardio like? Can she survive 5 rounds without needing a stoppage of some sort? Is she capable of KOing somebody? She hasn't had to yet, but she'd earn a lot more respect if she were to prove that she wasn't a one trick pony (no disrespect intended).

Ultimately, 5 rounds is a long time to try to survive Ronda's attempts at a submission, especially being that Miesha's strengths are also via grappling. Unless Miesha has added an extremely dangerous striking game to her repertoire, she finds a way to take Ronda's back and choke her out, or she manages to avoid Ronda's clinch and force her to gas and outpoint her, I just don't see how Ronda doesn't win again. Miesha isn't really known for KO power or for even trying to knock people out. It has happened for her in the past, but she's definitely not a head hunter. So if I had to venture a guess it'll either be Ronda via armbar (big surprise, I know...) or Miesha by RNC if she can manage to hurt/ gas Ronda out a bit and make her fight sloppy. I don't see the fight ending any other way.

Only a no life nerdgin would spend this much time breaking down a women's fight.
    Says the guy with 20,000 posts.

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

- Albert Camus

Besides, maybe I had nothing better to do that day...kinda like I have nothing better to do than to reply to your unjust criticism.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free

PATSTER said:

What's interesting about this fight is that it is a rematch. They know more about each other than anybody else at this point. So my question is, what adjustments will be made? Part of me feels that Ronda may try to prove a point in the standup, but I think that could be a mistake (not that Miesha is all that dangerous, but it isn't what Ronda is used to doing). Miesha obviously plans to do things differently than last time. She has admitted that she didn't give Ronda enough credit, and after having her arm jacked up last time I doubt she'll want that to happen again. I expect a lot of movement from Miesha and a potential for her to try to use the cage. She obviously wants to avoid the clinch, but against the cage she may be able to take Ronda's sweeps and trips away from her and force her to expend more energy, although Ronda is very strong and she is constantly moving, because she knows that people will try to start stalling her in some way if they can.

Only a no life nerdgin would spend this much time breaking down a women's fight.
    Says the guy with 20,000 posts.

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

- Albert Camus

Besides, maybe I had nothing better to do that day...kinda like I have nothing better to do than to reply to your unjust criticism.
    Dropping Camus on the UFC fight club forum.

**** just got real
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,996Free
    WarWest said:

Housey via TKO

This. I got Housey by Judo Chops.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun