Is anyone feel good bout the fact Colton Smith is the head instructor of our troops???

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
Cuz I sure am not...there has to be some pretty bad **** dudes out there in our army but really Colton smith is the best to teach other on hand to hand?

Colton is in the UFC and all but he's not that good...let's be real he one loss away from being cut maybe and tonight showed that...against anthoer TUF guy he was not that good

I think the Army can do better really
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Is there any fight he looked good in?
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    BruteDion said:

no they cannot they do not have that kind of funding,they dont even have enough to pay for the fallen soldiers fund thats why they do these events to raise money for the troops its sad really i really do wish them well.

As for better coaches do you really think they can afford the likes of Gracie's who are paid in 6 digits in Dubai to come to the states and work for pocket change, they might as well stick with Colton.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free
    They should outsource their training to a badass Brazilian like Vitor or Geronimo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Colton will keep the troops "safe". The only person i can think of that would be better is not in the military and he's Canadian.

lmfao
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free

Colton will keep the troops "safe". The only person i can think of that would be better is not in the military and he's Canadian.

Rory MacDonald?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,215Free

Colton will keep the troops "safe". The only person i can think of that would be better is not in the military and he's Canadian.

Rory MacDonald?
    Exactly. The other Canadian fighter is retiring soon.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,289Free
    This thread is retarded.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free
    I can't stand Colton Smith and was glad to see him handed another loss (via finish, nonetheless). The whole "I'm in the military, blah blah blah" thing is overplayed as well.

As far as being a combatives instructor, I'm sure he does a good job. Just like PoloRidah said, he's not teaching MMA. Even though mixed martial arts is the closest sport to "real" fighting, it's still a sport.

I hope he has a nice career in the military - I just hope he doesn't have a long career in the UFC.
    I'm just saying I would like to think there are better guys out there in the Army alone to teach I would think

Tim Kennedy is SF but it's still in the Army no?...he would deff be higher on my list to teach it

Of the former military guys who were active at the time or not Colton is no where near the top of who I would think are better fighters

**** Vera was Air Force and he seemed more suited to give pointers then Colton would be (no slight at the AF)
    Sig record
    40-21

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Wow you do know that being in a warzone where it's literally life and death and in cage are two completely different situations right? The training he will be giving them and a mma class will be very different.

Wow you do know that being in a warzone where it's literally life and death and in cage are two completely different situations right? The training he will be giving them and a mma class will be very different.

But equally garbage
    ijosef said:

I can't stand Colton Smith and was glad to see him handed another loss (via finish, nonetheless). The whole "I'm in the military, blah blah blah" thing is overplayed as well.

As far as being a combatives instructor, I'm sure he does a good job. Just like PoloRidah said, he's not teaching MMA. Even though mixed martial arts is the closest sport to "real" fighting, it's still a sport.

I hope he has a nice career in the military - I just hope he doesn't have a long career in the UFC.

He's a Staff Sargent is what I think I heard so yeah I'm sure he has a good career with them and does not seem to have to be "deployed" often...he's set

As an MMA fighter I don't see him with the UFC long though...one more loss and he's cut I think...he will be up there with Kendall Grove and James Wilks as some of the worst TUF winners but not quite with them I think...but two more losses then he's up there I think
    Sig record
    40-21

Ansem said:

BruteDion said:

no they cannot they do not have that kind of funding,they dont even have enough to pay for the fallen soldiers fund thats why they do these events to raise money for the troops its sad really i really do wish them well.

As for better coaches do you really think they can afford the likes of Gracie's who are paid in 6 digits in Dubai to come to the states and work for pocket change, they might as well stick with Colton.
    LoL I knew you were a retard but this post right here should rid of any doubt anyone had.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

You obviously have no idea what Army Combatives are and that's fine, but you don't have the proper knowledge to be judging the Army in this situation.

Army Combative and MMA are not the same. I can guarantee you Colton has won Army Combative tournaments and is qualified for his instructor position. He's one instructor at one location in the entire Army. There are plenty of other instructors out there but Colton's MMA fights do not relate to his Army Combative credentials.

Trust me if Colton wasn't qualified for his position, he wouldn't be in it.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    Roger Mayweather and Floyd Sr. weren't available.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    Colton has no respect for the UFC, I hope he gets cut post haste. The only time I ever rooted for Chiesa was against Colton. :p
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Colten is one of the few male fighters Rousey could beat.
    TheBigD said:

Colten is one of the few male fighters Rousey could beat.

LoL

This thread just keeps getting worse. Mods should delete it.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

You obviously have no idea what Army Combatives are and that's fine, but you don't have the proper knowledge to be judging the Army in this situation.

Army Combative and MMA are not the same. I can guarantee you Colton has won Army Combative tournaments and is qualified for his instructor position. He's one instructor at one location in the entire Army. There are plenty of other instructors out there but Colton's MMA fights do not relate to his Army Combative credentials.

Trust me if Colton wasn't qualified for his position, he wouldn't be in it.

Ok well that's better...Goldie said he was the HEAD instructor for the whole damn thing (meaning army's program)...if there are other guys then just him and he's not the one running the show for the whole army branch then I would feel better..."Colton is the head hand to hand combat instructed to the Army Joe" kinda can lead one to believe Colton is the head guy uknow
    Sig record
    40-21

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    edited November 2013
    PoloRidah said:

Ansem said:

BruteDion said:

LoL I knew you were a retard but this post right here should rid of any doubt anyone had.
    lol u mad? why u attacking me personally because you cannot face the facts that the army cannot afford ****. So they have Colton.
    Post edited by Ansem on

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

Ansem said:

PoloRidah said:

Ansem said:

BruteDion said:

lol u mad? why u attacking me personally because you cannot face the facts that the army cannot afford ****. So they have Colton.
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Go back to your Canadian highschool and stay off the internets. It's not safe for you.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PATSTER said:

BruteDion said:

Cuz I sure am not...there has to be some pretty bad **** dudes out there in our army but really Colton smith is the best to teach other on hand to hand?

Colton is in the UFC and all but he's not that good...let's be real he one loss away from being cut maybe and tonight showed that...against anthoer TUF guy he was not that good

He's not the head instructor of hand to hand combat, bozo.
    Read my last post...Goldie said he was the head instructor of the army and I believed him (my fault I should have known better)

Now that another poster cleared that up and made it clear that he not the head of the whole army's hand to hand program and that it's more of a base to base thing I feel better bout it

My argument was not that he was not good enough to teach it at all but that I would hope there were better guys to teach it and if it's base to base like that that other guy said then we know there is
    Sig record
    40-21

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    I was in the Army.

Alright, anyone who has been in the military, if they're being honest, has to admit that the decisions made and the policies employed are not the best. The people responsible for making those decisions aren't the most qualified. Hell, qualifications for anything are based on time in grade and promotion points, which are awarded mostly by one's performance at the promotion board where they judge you based on how straight you stand, how recently your hair has been cut and if you answer ridiculous questions in a stone-faced and crisp, straightforward and nonintellectual military manner. Absolutely nothing, as far as promotions and assignment of duty stations, has to do with actual merit and ability.

It's actually surprising that a true UFC fighter has been recognized as qualified to be involved in the program, at whatever level he actually is.

As far as the military not having adequate funding...you're kidding, right? I'm not going to get into it, as it would take a great deal of involvement on my part and I'm just not too terribly interested. It wouldn't be worth offering, anyway, as one who believes that the most funded military in the world is underfunded, probably wouldn't understand concepts such as misallocation of funds, inappropriately gifted government contracts, graft and generally senseless waste.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    There not my troops and spending 90% of their time in other nations is also NOT defending anything.If any other nation waltzed into the USA like that it would be called an act of war or terrorism.Oh wait 2 or 3 already did and was called terrorism,i hate to think what the USA calls sending in military and hundreds,thousands of them.
    What is it called stealing trillions of tax dollars from the working man and then spending millions on one attack copter?Is that what that bright nation is doing for it's people?Oh but wait they have adequate medical care for the people,oh wait no they don't.
    Colton Orr does NOT represent anything i stand for,so couldn't care less what he is doing.I already know what he is doing for his fellow man,YES SIR,right away SIR,attention SIR,just give me any order and i will follow it sir,i am not here to think for myself SIR,shoot that innocent pedestrian,YES SIR.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,833Free
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone really think soldiers are grappling hajji's in afghanistan. Even if someone tackled you, your going to have (at a bare minimum) three other dudes with you that will butt stroke the ****.
    Post edited by 12er on