JJ being delusional in his latest interview

Comments

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,784Ultimate
    edited November 2013
    Kinda annoys me that fighters are always gonna think they win close decisions. Because let's be honest, when they rewatch their footage (probably with all their yes men) theyll just be trying to acknowledge as much good stuff they did and try to discredit whatever their opponent did (e.g. probably saying well that punch didn't hurt me that much)

I just really doubt these guys watch their fights from an objective view, it's not necessarily wrong because they should have that confidence and believe in themselves but sometimes there are cases when you hear fighters say stuff like they thought they won or though they won decisively and just simply can't agree
    Post edited by Jbrahams on
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,202Free
    That's why I don't like Jones. He's a liar and he won't sign fake belts.
    What??
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,139Free
    lmfao @ decisively. Glover will **** him up anyway
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,816Free
    Yeah dude, totally
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Round 4 was the only decisive round in the entire fight where JJ almost TKO'd Gus. Other then that the fight was a draw.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 836Free
    Yeah he could AT LEAST say smth like "I won but not all the rounds" lol

I just think Jones time is coming. DC, Glover or Gus ... one of these guys will beat him DECISVELY
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,618Free
    Still not sure.... we need Ares to watch it 3 more times and come up with a solution.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    This is what I hate about fighters, theres no honesty. The most honesty Jones has ever shown in his life was getting wheeled out of the arena. We saw something similar with Machida and Shoun.

Machida after the 1st fight: If people thought Rua beat me, then why didn't he beat me? (ridiculous question in the first place pal)

Shogun then continues to use his head as a basketball in the second fight. Learn your lesson Jones.

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free

This is what I hate about fighters, theres no honesty. The most honesty Jones has ever shown in his life was getting wheeled out of the arena. We saw something similar with Machida and Shoun.

Machida after the 1st fight: If people thought Rua beat me, then why didn't he beat me? (ridiculous question in the first place pal)

Shogun then continues to use his head as a basketball in the second fight. Learn your lesson Jones.

What do you expect him to say?

Could you imagine how much **** he would get if he wasn't confident in himself?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    He doesn't do himself any favors when he says stuff like that. No wonder some people can't stand him.

i honestly think Jones is **** himself about a rematch with Gus. He has lost his mystique now (to Gus anyway)
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free
    PATSTER said:

Jones won three rounds convincingly. He had control, aggression, and had Gus running away the entire fight.

Quit crying.
    No. Jones LOST 3 rounds convincingly and won 2. Gus never ran, and was more aggressive. smh Pat smh.
    PoloRidah said:

You can be confident in yourself in winning a rematch, but why be delusional about what has already happened? It's not that I have a problem with him thinking he won, I have a problem with the 'decisively' as if he controlled the fight. Be honest and people will respect you more.

It was a close fight which could have gone either way with arguements for both fighters. Neither fighter can claim to have won decisively however over the course of the fight Gus showed the better technique compared to Jones bull rushes. :)

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    PoloRidah said:

There is a difference between confidence and arrogance. It is a thin line sometimes warranted.

Jones just lacks humility at times.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    PATSTER said:

Jones won three rounds convincingly. He had control, aggression, and had Gus running away the entire fight.

Quit crying.
    Gus rustled your jimmies bro.

All we need is honesty instead of delusion. Normally a decisive victory isn't accompanied by getting wheeled out of the arena at the end of the night.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Quit crying.
    No. Jones LOST 3 rounds convincingly and won 2. Gus never ran, and was more aggressive. smh Pat smh.
    Gus got rocked by Jones multiple times and gassed HARD.

Even if he did get 3 rounds (he didn't) he wouldn't have lasted as champion anyway.
    Gus 1, 2, 3 and part of 4. Jones didn't win that fight.

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Quit crying.

Even if he did get 3 rounds (he didn't) he wouldn't have lasted as champion anyway.
    This. Actually the most dominant round for either fighter was for GUSTAFFSON in round 4 before he got caught. Still a close fight but that elbow saved the fight for Jones.

Lets put it this way. Any close fight that involves Jon Jones will be given to him as he is the cash cow.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free
    LoL A lot of people clearly don't like Jones.

I like both fighters and they went out there and put on a show for the fans. All of you are fans and you were entertained by that fight weather you liked the decision of not.

All of you claiming Jones is being "arrogant" for being confident in himself, either simply do not like Jones, or are upset about the decision of the fight.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    will tex beat jones thats the more important question right now.

also few gave gus a chance and he pretty much beat jones
    few are giving manuwa a chance but could he beat gus?
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PoloRidah said:

I like both fighters and they went out there and put on a show for the fans. All of you are fans and you were entertained by that fight weather you liked the decision of not.

All of you claiming Jones is being "arrogant" for being confident in himself, either simply do not like Jones, or are upset about the decision of the fight.

PoloRidah said:

Incorrect.
    It doesn't come down to being confident as you keep saying, the fight has been and gone. He won't claim anything from showing confidence to the media.
    What he is doing is trying to brain wash MMA fans into thinking this was another performance he controlled, which is far from the truth.

Both great fighters as you say, but sometimes you get more respect for saying yeh it was a close fight and I thought i did enough for the win. No issues right there.
    But why insult our intelligence with his 'decisive' line?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
    Gus won that fight. I wasn't a fan of either guy before the fight, Glover and Sonnen are my 205 guys (Sonnen is my anywhere he fights guy lol) but Gus clearly won, in a non-title fight they'd have definitely given him the W. Fact.
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Quit crying.

Lul

What about the part of 4 where he was almost KO'd on the feet?

The only impressive thing he did that fight was take Jones down and stop the takedown.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
    PATSTER said:

PunchBag said:

He "pretty much" beat Jones by winning 2 rounds?

Lmao

And Glover will either KTFO Jones or arm triangle him in the first minute.
    Gus won 3 rounds.
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Quit crying.

Lul

What about the part of 4 where he was almost KO'd on the feet?

The only impressive thing he did that fight was take Jones down and stop the takedown.

What?
    Why in the blue hell would n.u.t.hugger be blocked? Hmmmm, websites rustling me.

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PunchBag said:

Lmao

Gus won 3 rounds.
    By running away and throwing punches that can't bust a grape? lulululul

He tried to pull an Edgar, too bad his cardio couldn't even last him til the 3rd round.
    Gus 1, 2, 3.
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PunchBag said:

Lmao

Gus won 3 rounds.

He tried to pull an Edgar, too bad his cardio couldn't even last him til the 3rd round.
    Gus 1, 2, 3.
    Good thing they had competent judges that night!
    Gus 1, 2, 3 and its not even debatable.
    edited November 2013
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PunchBag said:

Lmao

Gus won 3 rounds.

Gus 1, 2, 3.
    Except for the part where he got rocked and ran away.
    In the FOURTH ROUND. -_- smh. I repeat GUS ONE, TWO, THREE.
    Post edited by NikkiNeversleep on
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free
    both fighters lost that fight

that was the sloppiest arm punching boxing match I have ****ing seen

I was embarrassed to be an MMA fan after watching that garbage fight

I was like "Is this really a World Championship fight.....?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

PunchBag said:

Lmao

Gus won 3 rounds.

Gus 1, 2, 3.
    Except for the part where he got rocked and ran away.
    In the FOURTH ROUND. -_- smh. I repeat GUS ONE, TWO, THREE.
    In round 2 or 3, I don't remember which, Jones landed way bigger shots including headkicks that stunned Gus. He was the aggressor and dominated Octagon control. Like I said, if his conditioning wasn't so ****, he would have won.
    LOL He never "hurt" Gus in the first 3 rounds, Gus wasn't even in trouble until the 4th.
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,484Free

Still not sure.... we need Ares to watch it 3 more times and come up with a solution.

Already done.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion