Time for Hendo to Retire???

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,495Free
edited November 2013 in UFC
This loss makes 3 in a row now and there are reports of a broken jaw which will side line him for a good amount of time...and not only that he's not really young anymore and is a long way away from a title shot

So I'm asking...is it time for one of MMA's legit HOF level guys to call it quits???

Time for Hendo to Retire???

This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    Yes
    Yes only because it's his first ko loss and age isn't really on his side.
    Much respect to him for everything he's done in the business, but now it's time to coach!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,066Premium
    Yes
    He looked so slow against Rashad, who's timidity saved Hendo from being finished. Vitor wasn't scared to bang, and destroyed him.

Let bisping get redemption against Hendo, then Hendo can retire.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,620Free
    edited November 2013
    He had a broken jaw coming in to the fight, had to travel to Brazil, had a ref that was clearly incompetent and Vitor is a substance abuser. Make things right and give him a rematch with Vitor in America where he would win.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    Yes

He had a broken jaw coming in to the fight, had to travel to Brazil, had a ref that was clearly incompetent and Vitor is a substance abuser. Make things right and give him a rematch with Vitor in America where he would win.

Please tell me you are trolling?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    Tahune said:

Of course not. Vitor can't get an exemption in the US, Traveling to Brazil and adapting to a different culture to prepare for a fight is difficult, the stoppage was bad as Dan had only been dropped (not KOed or even given time to do anything, just stopped after being dropped) and fighting with a broken jaw is surely going to decrease the amount of power it takes to put you down. If Hendo can take shots from Anderson, Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, Fedor, Wanderlei, Babalu and Big Nog is 1 uppercut from Vitor really going to put him down? Only if he's injured.

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    Yes

Tahune said:

Of course not. Vitor can't get an exemption in the US, Traveling to Brazil and adapting to a different culture to prepare for a fight is difficult, the stoppage was bad as Dan had only been dropped (not KOed or even given time to do anything, just stopped after being dropped) and fighting with a broken jaw is surely going to decrease the amount of power it takes to put you down. If Hendo can take shots from Anderson, Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, Fedor, Wanderlei, Babalu and Big Nog is 1 uppercut from Vitor really going to put him down? Only if he's injured.

1. When was his jaw broken? Why was he cleared to fight then?

2. He went stiff as a board- I wouldn't say that was just "dropped"

3. Where is the evidence that Vitor is unable to obtain an exemption from all states in the US? (didn't dana call **** on that in a press conference?)
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • I think one more fight is needed before we can truly determine whether or not he needs to retire. He lost two split dec. in a row to two former LHW champs who were both still at least top 8 at the time and he got KO'd by the best Vitor of all time. Dan still seems like a top 8 LHW imo and if he drops to MW he seems like a top 5 fighter.
  • Hendo...GTFO!
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • No
    Yeah, he's lost three in a row, but he lost to three former champions, all of whom are still top contenders, and two of those losses were split decisions. There's no evidence of a weak chin just because he got knocked out by the Phenom. He may have lost a step or two, but he can still win pretty much any fight. There may not be too much for him in terms of a title shot right now, but he can still compete with the top ten in two different divisions. There's still a few fights you could put him in that would be very interesting.
    edited November 2013
    Tahune said:

Tahune said:

1. When was his jaw broken? Why was he cleared to fight then?

2. He went stiff as a board- I wouldn't say that was just "dropped"

3. Where is the evidence that Vitor is unable to obtain an exemption from all states in the US? (didn't dana call **** on that in a press conference?)
    1.) I don't know when it was broken and it's not hard to get cleared to fight with an injury, just days ago Tim Kennedy fought with a torn quad.
    2.) He had Vitor's leg and was talking to Miragliotta straight after the stoppage, he wasn't out.
    3.) It's not up to Dana, Keith Kizer has said he won't get an exemption

Also on Hendo retiring, he has 3 losses in a row but 2 of them are split decisions to former champions who are still good. Everyone wnats to be quick to end someone's career.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • crangscrangs Posts: 4,253Free
    Hendo's head movement and striking heading into the uppercut that dropped him was sloppy as ****. He just doesn't have it anymore
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,066Premium
    Yes
    I love Hendo, but he should retire. He had an epic resurgence in his late 30s, he knocked out the heavyweight GOAT, won a title, beat shogun when he was no.2... be happy with that.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,839Free
    No
    i say no, fight lil nog get a win then retire
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,030Free
    Yes

He looked so slow against Rashad, who's timidity saved Hendo from being finished. Vitor wasn't scared to bang, and destroyed him.

Let bisping get redemption against Hendo, then Hendo can retire.

Hendo would still crush Bisping lol.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free
    No
    Hendo just moving into his prime.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,839Free
    No
    hendo went airborne after that first punch, vitor has unbelievable power.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    Yes
    The power of juice.
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
    If he ups his TRT dosage to that of Vitor's levels he can have the same resurgence as Vitor did. As long as the UFC are willing to book him only in Brazil he'll be #1 contender by this time next year.
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    Yes
    Yes. His performance last night was... special.
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,281Free
    No
    sure he got knocked out for the first time last night but in his previous 2 fights he beat 2 former champions, and before that had a FOTY against another former champ, and before that K.oed fedor and feijao and babalu consecutively, so don't be too quick on him retiring. and also he said he is feeling great.

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,188Free
    Dan can still win against the upper echelon. The ufc just needs to make better matches for him and keep him away from lightning fast punchers.
    What??
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,723Free
    Yes
    Yes/no. He's taken a lot of punishment throughout the years, I'd rather him retire now then see him get hurt more. But he's still got some fight in him, he can still beat top guys.. just not the very best in the divisions.
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,331Free
    No
    Not quite yet. After Wanderlei fights Sonnen they need to have Wanderlei vs. Hendo as a retirement fight for both guys, preferably in Japan. It would be a fitting end to two legendary careers. Pride rules would be amazing, but I doubt it would happen. Either way, it would be awesome.
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    No
    :( :( :(

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    No
    I voted No. I want to see him get knocked out a few more times before he calls it a day. It's all the arrogant **** deserves.

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,167Free
    No
    Nah it is his first time getting koed too early to say he should quit.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    No
    Let him rematch Shogun than retire

That would be epic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Yes
    Yes, it was time years ago.